• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
That makes me happy knowing she won't get fed to Lacey at least.
There is zero question in my mind Lacey will appear on the main card of Mania, even if it's just wandering down mid-match or between someone's entrances. Meanwhile the SD women's title being above the preshow has been questionable even in the most optimistic of forums since Becky and Charlotte both left the scene

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Can't post this without THE GIFS!
MnLdbqh.gif

9d2ede5a1c4b02f372d1357cf380ce89.gif

69254564db6965d69d3eb0067431a4a0.gif
vdLE8dJ.gif

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rest of the SmackDown women's division:

Billie Kay
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville
Carmella
Zelina Vega
Lana
Naomi

like can you see any of those geeks being in a match with Asuka? If I had to make a wild guess it's Mandy and Sonya in a handicap match against Asuka, who just beats the shit out of both of them which finishes the Dandy breakup. Mandy and Sonya are the only women on SDL who are doing anything at all so it seems likely to me. And frankly, that is the best match because Mandy and Sonya are better than everyone else who is available. They're not what I would call good but they are steadily improving and have been since they were promoted to the main roster.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Is burying Asuka by pretending she doesn't exist and isn't one of your company's champions any better than burying her by putting a green as goose shit, to quote a favorite, blonde, white, awful woman over her?

Asking for a friend who is lucky they didn't take an avatar bet with me over how Asuka would be used at WrestleMania 35.

Don't argue with the Charlotte marks friend. Nothing good can come from it. Just accept that this year should have been Becky/Ronda and Charlotte/Asuka and don't feel the need to argue it here.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Nikki Cross fall into the abyss with the rest of Sanity?
That round of callups got buried pretty quickly. They're going to have to restructure a lot of the show after WrestleMania so I could see them making a comeback. Nikki has a significantly better chance of sticking around than the rest of Sanity does though because the only thing that made that group interesting was Nikki.

Don't argue with the Charlotte marks friend. Nothing good can come from it. Just accept that this year should have been Becky/Ronda and Charlotte/Asuka and don't feel the need to argue it here.

I mean, everyone knows the match would have been more compelling with just singles matches, but the idea is putting over Charlotte and Becky as the A-listers so they threw Charlotte in. They probably should have gone with the disputed 2-person finish at the Rumble, but if I had to guess the idea was literally just pretending it's a straight up Becky/Ronda match and having Charlotte just be the third-wheel on purpose. Why they did it that way I have no clue.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
She isn't buried though. She's stuck in a brand/division that has the two biggest female wrestlers ever to the point they pulled them from her division to make them main event WrestleMania. It's unfortunate, but the women's division is pretty clearly segmented:

S Tier: Ronda, Becky, Charlotte
A Tier: Asuka, Bayley, Sasha
C Tier: Almost Everyone Else

It's a weird problem in that they pushed being actually good at wrestling to the point nobody gives a fuck about anyone else but the roster is still stacked with people who aren't particularly good wrestlers. Like, Naomi, Mandy and Sonya are the best of the rest, but none of them seem like reasonable opponents, so I assume it's just a big clusterfuck multi-woman match where Asuka beats the shit out of everyone at this point because the best match they could make is either Sasha or Bayley, who are defending the tag titles.

it's true. ember moon could have kinda worked based on the nxt history but she's hurt.

asuka is probably better off just being off tv as opposed to selling for mandy rose or fucking whats her name who walks around and never does anything

womans division has no depth, and now ronda is fucking off after mania. the title pictures will be becky/charlotte at 5 straight ppvs, asuka vs geeks and sasha/bayley vs geeks

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its amazing now to think there was ever a time where anyone thought "stop holding Ziggler back!".

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the person with Tangerine Tumor as a hair color is the wrong spokeswoman for hair care but make that paper I guess

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The rest of the SmackDown women's division:

Billie Kay
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville
Carmella
Zelina Vega
Lana
Naomi

like can you see any of those geeks being in a match with Asuka? If I had to make a wild guess it's Mandy and Sonya in a handicap match against Asuka, who just beats the shit out of both of them which finishes the Dandy breakup. Mandy and Sonya are the only women on SDL who are doing anything at all so it seems likely to me. And frankly, that is the best match because Mandy and Sonya are better than everyone else who is available. They're not what I would call good but they are steadily improving and have been since they were promoted to the main roster.

Naomi used to be one.........now..........no. It'll take a while after that last feud and then last minute match with Manga lol

I also don't think Vega is bad, but how she's written to be pretty much a coward who can't fight, which is untrue, and plus her paired up with Andrade is great so i dunno if its worth trying

Carmella I would be fine with if its just Asuke beating the heck out of her

Iconics are in the tag team division. Which is whatever atm. As long as they don't ever use Nia and Tamina in it again

Lana lol

I can see Asuka vs Mandy vs Sonya. Then one fully turning on the other to try to pin them but then fail and Asuka just kicks one out and submits the other

At this rate Braun Strowman is gonna have a match against Colin Jost

Buddy Murphy gladly taking the Mania preshow so this has room!

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They are actually going with more worked shoot angles?

Why not just make the stories and promos more simple and believable. Fucking idiots.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are actually going with more worked shoot angles?

Why not just make the stories and promos more simple and believable. Fucking idiots.
They're already doing it and a lot of people (Meltzer included) seem to like it.

Kofi has an angle where Vince doesn't like him because he's not star material; AJ has an angle where Randy says he's an indie geek; Aleister Black is getting in twitter arguments with Lana who is also posting twitter videos complaining about the booking lol

None of it nearly as worked shooty as Ronda's storyline but they're leaning on shooty stuff for the stories

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They're already doing it and a lot of people (Meltzer included) seem to like it.

Kofi has an angle where Vince doesn't like him because he's not star material; AJ has an angle where Randy says he's an indie geek; Aleister Black is getting in twitter arguments with Lana who is also posting twitter videos complaining about the booking lol

None of it nearly as worked shooty as Ronda's storyline but they're leaning on shooty stuff for the stories

Most of those things aren't worked shoots. They are WWE storytelling.

"I don't care what the script says I'll fight you for real" is the dumb shit I hope they don't get carried away with.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
OH BABY

The King might be what finally gets me to a Freelance show

Last edited:

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Mikey Nichols having a nice lil' match with Okada

I still think he needs better gear, his tights look small time

He's got his lil mad max jacket get some tights that look like chrome my guy

Oct 25, 2017
So I may or may not of watched every episode of Main Event for the last 7 weeks. Unlike 205, I can not in good faith recommend Main Event

Status
Not open for further replies.