• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

djv4ggpu0aenebu60jue.jpg

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Update on the WWE/John Oliver thing

WWE is the main topic of the show tonight

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
MJF appeared on the Rosie O'Donnell show when he was a little kid:

OH MY GOD

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
TJPW Hakata Starlanes show was good. Huge win for Maki Ito. I've really enjoyed Hikari's development this year so I'm happy she killed it in the biggest match of her career. Her selling Aja Kong's offense like death was perfect. The main event was good but it rarely hit top gear. A small part of me believed Yuka might win. Attendance of 626 must be a non-Korakuen record for them.

I'm still playing catch up with Stardom. Haven't started watching the Korakuen show yet.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Shimmer taping reminding me of when Rise sent a bunch of talent to Stardom and by the end Dust was pretty much the only one left standing.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dave talking about the Raw Tag Title match at WM

It will not be (unless things change tomorrow) The Revival vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet at WrestleMania. Right now that match on Raw is designed to build to a different title defense and have a way to get a new program going.

Oct 27, 2017
Random: it's always crazy to me to think that the Dreamcast got canned around the same time as WCW. What an odd time to be a game and wrestling fan

Late 90s-Early 2000s is an interesting time for brands, some thrived, some went away and then some big early 2000 brands/retailers would collapse by the end of the decade

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Segment just happened, very well-done and I'll try to post the clip here when it's officially uploaded if someone doesn't first. Highlights/summary:

Oliver started by showing some of his favorite moments in wrestling, including the Austin beer truck and Kurt milk truck, talked about how much money the company makes that stands out not just for the industry but in general, then showed clips of how grotesquely high the early ex-wrestler death rate is compared to...everything else really
Vince montage, including Bret talking about how bad the business treats you, and him saying the n-word to Cena
Employees are not independent contractors, analyzing contracts, clip of Ventura talking to Stern about it. Mentions Ventura trying to unionize in his time active but it being squashed
Lance Cade (RIP) saying "everyone knows you'll work hurt because if you don't you lose your spot", audio of Punk talking on the Cabana podcast
Addresses the wellness program
Piper saying he won't live to 69 to get his pension; he died at 61
Jake Roberts' surgery got crowdfunded by fans and him and DDP getting emotional about it; fans shouldn't have to shoulder that responsibility

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Segment just happened, very well-done and I'll try to post the clip here when it's officially uploaded if someone doesn't first. Highlights/summary:

Oliver started by showing some of his favorite moments in wrestling, including the Austin beer truck and Kurt milk truck, talked about how much money the company makes that stands out not just for the industry but in general, then showed clips of how grotesquely high the early ex-wrestler death rate is compared to...everything else really
Vince montage, including Bret talking about how bad the business treats you, and him saying the n-word to Cena
Employees are not independent contractors, analyzing contracts, clip of Ventura talking to Stern about it. Mentions Ventura trying to unionize in his time active but it being squashed
Lance Cade (RIP) saying "everyone knows you'll work hurt because if you don't you lose your spot", audio of Punk talking on the Cabana podcast
Jake Roberts' surgery got crowdfunded by fans and him and DDP getting emotional about it; fans shouldn't have to shoulder that responsibility

this sounds like the shoot of all shoots

too bad 99% of his audience is thinking "um yeah, I have a question. isn't wrasslin FAKE?"

The Maharaja

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.