• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
2001 observer awards
  • WRESTLER OF THE YEAR: Keiji Muto
  • MOST OUTSTANDING WRESTLER: Kurt Angle (just edging out Yuji Nagata)
  • BEST BOX OFFICE DRAW: Kazushi Sakuraba
  • FEUD OF THE YEAR: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Vanderlei Silva
  • TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR: Tenzan and Kojima
  • MOST IMPROVED: Keiji Muto
  • BEST INTERVIEWS: Steve Austin
  • MOST CHARISMATIC: The Rock
  • BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER: Minoru Tanaka
  • BEST BRAWLER: Steve Austin (Mick Foley's 10 year winning streak comes to an end since, yanno, retired)
  • BEST HIGH FLYER: Dragon Kid
  • MOST OVERRATED: The Undertaker (by a huge margin)
  • MOST UNDERRATED: Lance Storm
  • PROMOTION OF THE YEAR: PRIDE (WWF came in 2nd)
  • BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW: New Japan
  • MATCH OF THE YEAR: Keiji Muto vs. Genichiro Tenryu
  • ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: El Hombre Sin Nombre
  • BEST NON-WRESTLER: Paul Heyman
  • BEST TELEVISION ANNOUNCER: Jim Ross
  • WORST TELEVISION ANNOUNCER: Michael Cole
  • BEST MAJOR WRESTLING SHOW: Wrestlemania X-7 (by a landslide)
  • WORST MAJOR WRESTLING SHOW: Women of Wrestling: Unleashed
  • BEST WRESTLING MOVE: Keiji Muto's shining wizard
  • MOST DISGUSTING PROMOTIONAL TACTIC: Stephanie McMahon comparing 9/11 to her dad's steroid trial
  • READER'S PERSONAL FAVORITE WRESTLER: Keiji Muto
  • READER'S LEAST FAVORITE WRESTLER: The Undertaker
  • WORST WRESTLER: Big Show
  • WORST TAG TEAM: Kronik
  • WORST TV SHOW: WWF Excess
  • WORST NON-WRESTLER: Stephanie McMahon
  • WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR: Undertaker & Kane vs. Kronik
  • WORST FEUD OF THE YEAR: WWF vs. The Alliance (and it wasn't even close)
  • WORST INTERVIEWS: Stephanie McMahon (in a landslide. Folks were sick to death of Stephanie by this point)
  • WORST PROMOTION: WCW
  • BEST BOOKER: Jim Cornette (OVW)
  • PROMOTER OF THE YEAR: Antonio Inoki (just beat out Vince McMahon)
  • SHOOT FIGHTER OF THE YEAR: Vanderlei Silva
  • SHOOT MATCH OF THE YEAR: Randy Couture vs. Pedro Rizzo (5/4/01)
  • BEST GIMMICK: Hurricane (2nd place went to Steve Austin for the "what?" gimmick. Fuck you, 2001 fans.)
  • WORST GIMMICK: DDP's motivational speaker gimmick (2nd place was DDP's stalker gimmick. Not a banner year for DDP.)
  • MOST EMBARRASSING WRESTLER: Buff Bagwell (beat out Undertaker by 5 votes

Inokism > vinceism

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
BRYAN PLS STOP

hT4agyg.png

All this for a possibly above-average match on an empty studio PPV.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Salvador Lutteroth, Antonio Inoki, Ted Turner, Colt Cabana

Also Mt. Rushmore sucks. I want to hear your ideas who for goes in the Disneyland style animatronic Hall of Presidents.

Oct 8, 2019
2001 observer awards

Inokism > vinceism

Could you honestly imagine how pissed people would be if a babyface started something as obnoxious as the "What?" chants now?

Also this is the first time I have heard about Daniel Bryan having autoimmune problems. WWE needs to just place both Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns into one of those nuclear bunkers until this is all over with.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Could you honestly imagine how pissed people would be if a babyface started something as obnoxious as the "What?" chants now?

Also this is the first time I have heard about Daniel Bryan having autoimmune problems. WWE needs to just place both Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns into one of those nuclear bunkers until this is all over with.
Blame Christian. If he had just answered his damn phone we would have never had to deal with What chants

Oct 25, 2017

He's made it known as the biggest reason he went vegan

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Has Jinny done much in NXT UK so far?

Randomly remembered her and was wondering how she's been doing lately.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
hey Owl. I like your gumption. But I made an even better New Years Show jiff. You might wanna use it in the future.

K6rG6pR.gif
It's almost hypnotic!
Has Jinny done much in NXT UK so far?

Randomly remembered her and was wondering how she's been doing lately.
Not that I've really seen much of anything but I get the impression she's trapped in the limbo of women's midcard, aka taking losses to those fighting over the title but not getting squashed
Last I took note, Jazzy was her muscle but then she left the company a few months back.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I wonder if WWE will use Coronavirus as an excuse to cut underperforming products or services without spooking stockholders.

"Sorry guys, we had to shutter NXT UK due to the virus but don't worry we already killed BritWres."

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I mean, it IS a reason, not really an excuse so much. Unprecedented shit

I guess I wasn't clear. They clearly had some stuff that was underperforming before and should have been killed before but either someone's vanity or cautiousness about spooking Wall Street in light of some of their other failures from doing so. NXT UK and 205 Live spring to mind. Now, they can kill those products and Wall Street will likely accept it and if it was somebody internally pushing back on the closure now way will they have enough swagger to prevent it now.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I wasn't clear. They clearly had some stuff that was underperforming before and should have been killed before but either someone's vanity or cautiousness about spooking Wall Street in light of some of their other failures from doing so. NXT UK and 205 Live spring to mind. Now, they can kill those products and Wall Street will likely accept it and if it was somebody internally pushing back on the closure now way will they have enough swagger to prevent it now.
Yeah I agree with you for sure.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Slightconfuse's post about Manami Toyoto brought this game to mind:

For a refresher, US Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln were selected for the monument because they preserved the nation and expanded its territories.

So, who is on the wrestling Mount Rushmore? Does Vince McMahon automatically make it?

Supercop Dick Justice, Freshly Squeezed Orange Cassidy, Shockwave the robot and Joey Janela.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there was anyway they could tell that story and have it be moonlight and canoes which is weird because they managed to tell the Von Erich family story and have it feel ultimately hopeful.
It did kinda have a hopeful part near the end where they revealed Jericho helped David and Sandra reconnect

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Kenny Omega shouting out Konami from Stardom on commentary on national TV on TNT

What a time to be alive

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
**** Yea Io is back

I went from wanting Aliya to win to wanting her to get wrecked in an instant.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

Speaking of Orange Cassidy.

Watched more of the dark side of wrestling docs. The bruiser Brody & Von Erich's were very good though I didn't care for the Moolah one. Thought the Wendy Richter segment didn't seem important enough for the time they have to it. Also Cornette be apart of it was strange considering his opinion on women's wrestling.
I didn't care for the Von Erich one because of how much it glossed over or ignored (like how much of a bastard Fritz was) and tried to make Kevin look like the good brother when he had just as many issues and some of his own shittiness, he just got lucky it didn't kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.