• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_ppox48yRmK1s05wxzo2_400.gifv

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some Crockett/WCW stuff on the Network as I've never seen a lot of it. Not watching every weekly TV show just going through each one and following some of the storylines and then the Great American Bash/Starrcades.

Up to the Road Warriors/Midnight Scaffold match now.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the real question. Everybody is saying it's such a disappointment that Drew will have his crowning moment in front of no fans, but what if they have Lesnar go over to delay Drew's first title win so that it's in front of a crowd? Maybe he cheats so that it protects Drew and conveys how desperate Lesnar is, but it's a way to give Drew that big moment in front of fans. It's not at a Mania, but there's no perfect outcome here.
I getcha, though oddly I was thinking about this more for NXT and thinking that there's no real rush to give Dream the belt when Cole can just hold it until they can actually fight with a crowd behind them.

I guess it's a bit different with Drew though as it still carries the whole WRESTLEMANIA naming convention with the whole rumble win build, his loss would look a bit more like a choke in kayfabe or something.
Perhaps Lesnar could finally dispense the dick kicks for a change, ultimate loss protection right there.
This new Star Wars movie was booked by Russo

tenor.gif
They brought back the olds for a nostalgia pop while poorly booking the new guys, part Russo, part Vinny Mac, all disappointing!

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some Crockett/WCW stuff on the Network as I've never seen a lot of it. Not watching every weekly TV show just going through each one and following some of the storylines and then the Great American Bash/Starrcades.

Up to the Road Warriors/Midnight Scaffold match now.
It's great to do that. Being able to go weekly on that old stuff is so great.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
It's great to do that. Being able to go weekly on that old stuff is so great.

Definitely, only bad thing so far is having to fish around for some of the title changes because they are only in highlight clips.

Tully/Magnum I Quit was my favorite thing so far.

Also loved some of the goofy shit like the Jimmy Valiant/Paul Jones hair shaving saga.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

WWE's Top 5 NXT Women's Title match choices are incredibly questionable with an exception or two.

The list in question:
  1. Sasha vs Bayley - NXT Brooklyn
  2. Rhea vs Shayna
  3. 4HW Fatal 4 Way
  4. Kairi vs Shayna - WWE Evolution
  5. Nattie vs Charlotte
I don't think I would put any of Shayna's title matches listed there in my personal top 5 list. And why the fuck would Nattie vs Charlotte be on the list at all? Their match was nothing memorable at all.

Where the hell is ember moon vs asuka

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
plenty of 10/10 ratings on cagematch

"Utilized 50 minutes better than an okada main event ever has"

"a minimalist masterclass of tension building, squeezing the most out of as little as could possibly be done"

It's in the zeitgeist now. 10/10 or 0/10, pick a side, be a Cornette manbaby or a puro mouthbreather.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
"This was more than wrestling, it was art it went beyond the bounds of what is normally thought of as a prowrestling match by using the situation faced by the world and of the empty arena to tell a story of defiance and mental and physical toughness."

"What a strange, unique, experimental, yet invaluable experience this match was. without doubt, it'll be one of the most important and influential Japanese title matches in the coming decade."

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In America when nothing important happens for 30 minutes and then we get a sprint to the finish that makes people think it was good we call it "a Takeover main event".

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

WWE's Top 5 NXT Women's Title match choices are incredibly questionable with an exception or two.

The list in question:
  1. Sasha vs Bayley - NXT Brooklyn
  2. Rhea vs Shayna
  3. 4HW Fatal 4 Way
  4. Kairi vs Shayna - WWE Evolution
  5. Nattie vs Charlotte
I don't think I would put any of Shayna's title matches listed there in my personal top 5 list. And why the fuck would Nattie vs Charlotte be on the list at all? Their match was nothing memorable at all.

I would put the other Sasha vs Bayley match in there and Asuka vs Nikki Last Woman Standing.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Tiger King.

Mark Calaway is the biggest mark of them all.

Fuck that dude, Sting was better anyways.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
It should not surprise me that we have people unironically stanning for a Fujita match in 2020 where literally nothing happens for 30 mins while making dumb jokes about long matches thinking they are clever. This is what Robert and the rest of the "pro-wrestling conoisseur" shit-take machines have propagated over the last few years.

There is shitposting and then there is shit posting.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about Fujita, but the 30-minute staring contest entertains me as an unexpected one-off. 🤷‍♀️

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
It's in the zeitgeist now. 10/10 or 0/10, pick a side, be a Cornette manbaby or a puro mouthbreather.

The reality of this statement makes me want to throw myself in the fucking sea.

"This was more than wrestling, it was art it went beyond the bounds of what is normally thought of as a prowrestling match by using the situation faced by the world and of the empty arena to tell a story of defiance and mental and physical toughness."

"What a strange, unique, experimental, yet invaluable experience this match was. without doubt, it'll be one of the most important and influential Japanese title matches in the coming decade."

The existence of this match and the reaction to it are The Monkey's Paw for wrestling fans wishing for graps back at any cost in the pandemic. (That and teleporting Matt Hardy)

Status
Not open for further replies.