• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Don't care much for Matt Hardy but that teleporting thing was for fucking hilarious.
Jericho cutting a promo on Vanguard also slayed me.

That was a fun Dynamite.

Oct 8, 2019

By this time Next month the only wrestling in the entire world will be WWE matches taped on Vince's yacht in international waters.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Jericho cutting a promo on a drone was fantastic. Matt Hardy was goofy but not goofy enough, lean in harder! Honestly feels like the Broken thing is going to be beaten in AEW and he will be reborn as a new gimmick, feels very sudden.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've had my fill with empty arena shows after watching Dynamite. Can't blame anyone for doing their best out of a bad situation but I'm probably tapping out on the current stuff until crowds can return.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely was not feeling Dynamite yesterday, but I don't dare say that in the AEW thread due to the zaniness there.

Having Lee wrestle already was a poor decision

That dinner scene was really stupid too, killed any mystique they could have had with him.

I don't know why but I just did not like the Broken Matt stuff at all, despite on paper it being extremely My Shit it felt really played out already, so I hope they bury it fast and change directions.

And yeah, no crowd... can't be helped, but it hurts.

I give this week's Dynamite a C-

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Definitely was not feeling Dynamite yesterday, but I don't dare say that in the AEW thread due to the zaniness there.

Having Lee wrestle already was a poor decision

That dinner scene was really stupid too, killed any mystique they could have had with him.

I don't know why but I just did not like the Broken Matt stuff at all, despite on paper it being extremely My Shit it felt really played out already, so I hope they bury it fast and change directions.

And yeah, no crowd... can't be helped, but it hurts.

I give this week's Dynamite a C-

Friend with your first comment you are doing exactly what you want people to avoid. It makes this thread more insular and promotes tribalism between threads.

I haven't watched the show yet myself. I will give thoughts later, good or bad, in the AEW OT.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
It's whatever to me, the thing about the broken gimmick is that they are aiming to the category of "it's so bad it's good", sometimes it clicks, sometimes it doesn't. It takes a lot of patience and experiments for these stuffs.

Oct 25, 2017
Literally posted 4 posts above yours...

its just a twitter bot
It's whatever to me, the thing about the broken gimmick is that they are aiming to the category of "it's so bad it's good", sometimes it clicks, sometimes it doesn't. It takes a lot of patience and experiments for these stuffs.
the environment they're in matters. also one reason why his WWE stuff never got any traction - it's not the right place.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
NXT makes it sound like Trips is setting up Gargano/Ciampa like one of those mystery night out things
The next week of NXT should have both guys receiving their directions, what they need to bring and start with a sit down meal before the match, so I can have another amazing segment like that time Kane and Shane had dinner together before their ambulance match.

It's Kane?! IT'S KANE!

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO

XYrwwcE.gif

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Mox telling someone something is too dangerous lol. Really makes me wonder what it was. And of course it was Darby.

Last edited:

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
One of the things I do as a side gig is partially own and help plan a comic con in NE Ohio.

We are working on bringing in Mark Henry as a media guest. Got the contract today, just have to make some wording tweaks.
But, it should be a lot of fun and he seems like an awesome guy to be around.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017

What zaniness? I'm sure you'll be fine wtf. Because that's what we need, more splintering of threads with shade-throwing.

With the Broken Matt Hardy stuff, I saw it as a whole FUCK IT, man. We got a studio so let's go all the way with this shit. Matt Hardy can teleport and control pyro now, sure why the fuck not.

Let's hope they don't Fiend this whole thing and give him the title. I have faith AEW won't go to those measures otherwise, Orange Cassidy would've been a 20-0 champion.

Gee, I wonder why

*cue arena chanting NO CHANCE, NO CHANCE IN HELL*

Legit, I don't know how much longer he can go with it, because you're actually feeding into the satisfaction of making Vince a compelling archetype of a heel character and that's probably not the best fit for Brodie, but man did he go all the way with it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Police Academy 2 might be the best of the whole series, everyone. I think.

Legit, I don't know how much longer he can go with it, because you're actually feeding into the satisfaction of making Vince a compelling archetype of a heel character and that's probably not the best fit for Brodie, but man did he go all the way with it.
Using him for that just seems like a real waste

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

None of them are good, but 5 & 6 are dumb fun for me.

I was just looking at the wiki page for 6:

"Pete Hammond in Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide gave Police Academy 6: City Under Siege a BOMB rating, writing that "This entry is only—repeat only—for those who thought Police Academy 5 was robbed at Oscar time".[9] The DVD/Video Guide by Mick Martin and Marsha Porter gave the first two Police Academy films 2 stars out of 5; and each subsequent film received a Turkey (their lowest score). "

Which confirms that this entry was made for me. 5 was the one where Lassard was kidnapped and thought it was all a game, and Harris flew to miami on a wretched cargo plane with chickens or something. Glorious stupidity which was the most I'd enjoyed the series thus far. 7 was a return to straight garbage

Mahoney sucks

Oct 25, 2017
None of them are good, but 5 & 6 are dumb fun for me.

I was just looking at the wiki page for 6:

"Pete Hammond in Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide gave Police Academy 6: City Under Siege a BOMB rating, writing that "This entry is only—repeat only—for those who thought Police Academy 5 was robbed at Oscar time".[9] The DVD/Video Guide by Mick Martin and Marsha Porter gave the first two Police Academy films 2 stars out of 5; and each subsequent film received a Turkey (their lowest score). "

Which confirms that this entry was made for me. 5 was the one where Lassard was kidnapped and thought it was all a game, and Harris flew to miami on a wretched cargo plane with chickens or something. Glorious stupidity which was the most I'd enjoyed the series thus far. 7 was a return to straight garbage

Mahoney sucks
I didn't hate 5, I enjoyed it for what it was - just junk. But 2 is real nice. Also like Citizens on Patrol, even though that's really where things were going downward.

Status
Not open for further replies.