• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I feel weekly wrestling isn't gonna go on much longer. US has officially passed China for most cases in the world now. I don't see the finish line for this....

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I feel weekly wrestling isn't gonna go on much longer. US has officially passed China for most cases in the world now. I don't see the finish line for this....
I kind of feel bad saying this but I'm okay with that.

Its just not as fun without a crowd. Sucks horribly for indie guys though, they're getting as fucked as hard as they can be by all this.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

Considering both major companies are based out of Florida i think they are going to get quite a bit of mileage out of these no crowd shows, for better or worse.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else feel like for a match meant as a rub to showcase Guevara, Kenny burying Guevaras finisher of a burning hammer flipped into a go 2 sleep and stuffing him without dropping after taking it to do either a 3rd or 4th Vtrigger was just wrong?

I mean I've seen fighting spirit spots of dazed on your feet hitting a move in response to a finish on reflex and then both men are down but Kenny stayed up after he got hit AND after he did the reflex response of a knee. Then he proceeded to do one winged angel and that was it. He buried Guevaras finish. Plus he already used the "on reflex response" earlier after Guevaras springboard cutter to the ring to roll outside. Sure it setup a dive spot to show off Guevara but pulling that card on both Guevaras biggest spots of the match the second hes hit just felt like teaching viewers the idea "he good but to face anyone of status his best tools dont cut it and will need new spots to believably stop anyone".

Is it just me? Did this seem like Kenny goin too far to stay above the guy? Exciting match but for a rub Guevaras best moves got buried as things that can be shrugged off, rolled out of immediately or straight something you can take and then kick his ass for doin.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else feel like for a match meant as a rub to showcase Guevara, Kenny burying Guevaras finisher of a burning hammer flipped into a go 2 sleep and stuffing him without dropping after taking it to do either a 3rd or 4th Vtrigger was just wrong?

I mean I've seen fighting spirit spots of dazed on your feet hitting a move in response to a finish on reflex and then both men are down but Kenny stayed up after he got hit AND after he did the reflex response of a knee. Then he proceeded to do one winged angel and that was it. He buried Guevaras finish. Plus he already used the "on reflex response" earlier after Guevaras springboard cutter to the ring to roll outside. Sure it setup a dive spot to show off Guevara but pulling that card on both Guevaras biggest spots of the match the second hes hit just felt like teaching viewers the idea "he good but to face anyone of status his best tools dont cut it and will need new spots to believably stop anyone".

Is it just me? Did this seem like Kenny goin too far to stay above the guy? Exciting match but for a rub Guevaras best moves got buried as things that can be shrugged off, rolled out of immediately or straight something you can take and then kick his ass for doin.
Nah I felt it too. Looked too nasty to just be "FIGHTING SPIRT"ed out of.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Nah I felt it too. Looked too nasty to just be "FIGHTING SPIRT"ed out of.
I know right? If you do the big move response to ANY finish you're supposed to go down and have both men down after fighting to get up and keep goin. Fighting spirit spots are problematic without the audience roar now though...

Right now I think stables and bringing seconds to the ring may need to happen in empty arena AEW. Someone to cheer and slap the mat when theres no crowd during fighting spirit spots. So long as it doesnt turn to interference all the time it works.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
I know right? If you do the big move response to ANY finish you're supposed to go down and have both men down after fighting to get up and keep goin. Fighting spirit spots are problematic without the audience roar now though...

Right now I think stables and bringing seconds to the ring may need to happen in empty arena AEW. Someone to cheer and slap the mat when theres no crowd during fighting spirit spots. So long as it doesnt turn to interference all the time it works.
There's a pretty easy way out of it as well, have Kenny fall into the ropes after then Sammy can lose the pinfall due to the ensuing shenanigans. Sammy gets focused on Aubrey then Kenny takes advantage, Kenny looks more experienced but lucky, Sammy looks dangerous but hot-headed.
If any Kahn's or McMahon's are looking for further booking consultation my rates are highly competitive.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
There's a pretty easy way out of it as well, have Kenny fall into the ropes after then Sammy can lose the pinfall due to the ensuing shenanigans. Sammy gets focused on Aubrey then Kenny takes advantage, Kenny looks more experienced but lucky, Sammy looks dangerous but hot-headed.
If any Kahn's or McMahon's are looking for further booking consultation my rates are highly competitive.
I dont think I could ever book but apparently from recent responses online I could coach psychology and match presence some. I keep getting positive responses frequently from indie folks and aew newcomers fresh from the indies when I do critique stuff this past year.

I think the sorta feedback most wrestlers need isnt " oh man you should do this move" or "oh man that was so cool!" It's more along the lines of "you do this well, you struggle with this area, heres how you connected with folks, heres when you slowed too much or lost them".

From inside the ring it's hard sometimes to tell until later what you did well and what you hid well and what was as over as you thought in your head at the time. Some are so nervous with the spotlight on em for the first time they get gunshy in the ring or have timing issues or do too much stop and start pacing and look lost or green because of it.
I've gotten a lot of positive reactions for observations from folks like big swole, abadon, nyla rose, blake christian, and a few others this past year. It tells me we as fans should be encouraging in criticism and open with it more because many seem desperate to hear what folks liked and more often how to avoid what didnt come off well.

I mainly just tell them what they did well that got their character over and connected with folks. When to turn o the gas. Stuff like if you got one big move you want to do then instead of just doin it and having stop start pacing you should always try to run a sequence of 2 to 3 things nonstop into it even if it's just running and ducking stuff or counters and not some sequence of moves to build momentum. Telling people their up down game off the mat is too slow and rope drills and exercises like burpees or football drop drills. That and facial selling theyre good or bad at and how to emphasize certain body language they have with their character that they're putting together more. Shit like that. It's like actual coach talk and it's getting positive responses

The selling and weak spots and advice on small things to try to cover or improve them has been goin over well. Fuck, Big Swole went in super hard on any observations folks gave her and has improved by leaps and bounds with her ring presence. Just say what was rough, give a tip but nothing too concrete so they can still be creative and then some encouragement on their potential and that's it. They seem to respond and take things said that way well and use it.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
So hey, you're in quarantine? Guess what just showed up on my reddit subs.

GRIMY

BACKYARDY

CAGED

DEATHMATCHES

FROM RUSSIA

I make no guarantee of quality here

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The last Tokyo Joshi show was a blast but I was disappointed Natsumi lost to Yamashita for the 3rd time. The matches were good but this one should have been a time limit draw to give Natsumi some rub.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tiger King has a LOT of high tier carny behaviour holy shit. Like, these tiger guys are up there with wrestlers and promoters.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Roman Reigns was pulled from Wrestlemania, per Ryan Satin.

www.prowrestlingsheet.com

Roman Reigns Out of WrestleMania 36 Match

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Roman Reigns will not be part of the WWE Universal Championship match at WrestleMania 36 as planned.
Wrestlemania? Is that still a thing? Man, I remember watching that show back in my youth.
It happened today, you say? Well, I'll be.

(I'll second the suggestion that Matt Riddle get this match.)

Smart move. You don't beat cancer just to put yourself back into danger.
Agreed. Roman made himself look stronger with this decision than Vince ever could.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So hey, you're in quarantine? Guess what just showed up on my reddit subs.

GRIMY

BACKYARDY

CAGED

DEATHMATCHES

FROM RUSSIA

I make no guarantee of quality here

FUCK YES.
200.gif

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Good for Roman.

I'll be honest, neither of these companies should be putting on weekly shows at this point. It's not particularly compelling television and its not safe for their employees, not like thats ever been a priority though for workers.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Just starting watching this week's NXT. I kinda like the approach they have for the no crowd thing - just acknowledge that there's no noise and get lots of close ups of the guys talking shit to each other. Plus the lighting/curtains have it looking like a studio instead of an empty arena. Only thing that looks bad is the ugly auditorium floor behind the barricades.

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I figured roman would've taken the title. Who the hell will they replace him with and do they have said person take the title?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
WWE declined to comment too, so its true

Glad for him, it isnt worth risking your health

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
As per WON, no one is getting punished for deciding to stay home. This applies to both WWE and AEW.

The WrestleMania card has also changed. Names are being kept confidential because so few know, but it's been confirmed that multiple people on the card either said they were sick, which meant instantly being pulled off all shows this week, there were others who did not feel sick but had fevers above 100.4, which was the WWE's cut-off point of not allowing people to work, and others who, on their own, said they didn't feel comfortable flying in. Both AEW and WWE had told people that if they don't want to come, they don't have to come and that the decisions made now won't be held against them when it comes to future booking.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Brock can lose to Drew on night 1 and then win the other belt from Goldberg on night 2 so Vince can run Brock/Roman again or just swap the belt back whenever they get to have another Blood Money.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From the Observer newsletter:

Regarding reports of interest in C.M. Punk for WrestleMania, Vince McMahon labeled him the one man I just can't do business with and nobody at the top level, including Paul Heyman has argued the point or pushed for him. Punk's agent did try to open a conversation and was turned down. It was described that the FOX gig was something FOX wanted and WWE allowed it as a concession to not making waves in their relationship with the network, but it was limited to only one show a month. Even those who would argue a one-time appearance at Mania would be good for business were told that Brooks devalued himself when his wrestling comeback was on WWE Backstage and after the first week, there was no more ratings jump in the show, rather than holding out for a big appearance. I was told that while you never say never in wrestling, there is no interest right now in him for anything in WWE
Regarding The Revival, there were reports that Scott Dawson's contract has expired because he tweeted "free at last," but officially it has not. But it's just a few weeks away from expiring. As noted last week, because The Revival had already surpassed the downside figure on their contracts and are no longer being booked, they haven't received a paycheck in nearly two months. A lot of the talent would fall into the category as if they were above their downside, they wouldn't be getting paid right now except for days worked. Some, like Slater, made sure that their $400,000 downside was paid bi-weekly as opposed to agreeing to take the regular payments every other week based on house shows and merch. For the others, and this is the vast majority, if you don't make your downside you get the lump sum at the end of the year so if there is a long shutdown, most of the talent won't be paid until later. With Slater, since he's rarely booked, he probably wouldn't be having $8,000 weeks based on his spot and the number of shows he works and merch he sells, so it made sense for him to ask for that option. While everything is different now, for The Revival, they went from wanting to give them the comedy gimmick and starting that story, to cool them off, similar to Matt Hardy's being buried on departure, to just not using them. That put the pressure on them to sign because they weren't getting paid and even though Dawson's deal is up in a few weeks, Wilder's won't be until mid-June, so that's the earliest they could sign elsewhere. So they'd have to not make any money until mid-June unless they sign new deals and also ask to be paid ahead if that would even be an option, because even if they signed and were re-booked, there's no lock there will be shows to be paid off. So this does put great economic pressure on both right now. It actually does on a lot of people if those goes a significant length of time

Status
Not open for further replies.