• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Small transcript (not 100% 1 to 1):

"Your feet are very prominently featured in the movie."
"They are very prominent, unfortunetly."
"Unfortunetly, you didn't like that?"
"Well, I grew up dancing and my toes are very mangled"

She was clearly not comfortable with it, but apparently Tarantino managed to get his will.

The feet scene is in the video as well.

Honestly, I wish Tarantino would have said fine, then we don't do it. Especially she is such a young actress and he is this big reputable director, this just feels like a power play.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
🤢

2Pn6.gif

39fb03437d1a59a8a15d85eaabc9f445_md.jpg

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
What the hell. The dude has a problem.

It's a bigger problem than you think, being a controlling director I mean. The foot fetish in the above post explains the rest.

Update (Feb. 8, 9:50 A.M.): Kill Bill producer Lawrence Bender has issued a response to Uma Thurman, sharing a statement with the Hollywood Reporter. "I deeply regret that Uma suffered the pain she has, both physically and emotionally, for all of these years from the accident that occurred on the set of Kill Bill," he said. "The safety of the professionals who work on the movies I produce is vital to me and I never want to let anyone down." However, he also asserts that there was no "cover up," as Thurman claimed. "I never hid anything from Uma or anyone else nor did I participate in any cover up of any kind — and I never would," he said.

His response arrives two days after Tarantino did a wide-ranging interview with Deadline, addressing the car accident, saying, "It's the biggest regret of my life, getting her to do that stunt." The director added that "it was literally my happiest day this year, when Shannon found that footage and sent it over to me and I knew I was going to be able to present it to Uma." According to Tarantino, he performed the stunt himself before Thurman to make sure it was safe; he disputed any notion that he was furious with her for not wanting to do the stunt herself.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Tarantino has the worst restraint when it comes to not letting his fetishes affect his professional work. It's creepy as fuck

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
I mean, everyone has their own fetishes that's fine and all...

But when everything you and your work is so hmm, colored by it until it almost defines you, you've got a problem there chief.
Even worse when you dragged people who are clearly uncomfortable with it to play along ugh.

Btw is the movie any good?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with having a kink, but I do think he used his position here to force someone to do something they didn't feel comfortable doing.

The foot scene adds nothing of value by the video.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Nothing illegal with it but I struggle to say it's not odd that a director continues to work his sexual fetishes into his own films especially when you consider that in making Kill Bill he personally performed the scenes where Michael Madsen spits on Uma Thurman and GoGo choked her with a chain.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The feet aren't even subtle in this scene. Can he really not control himself that badly?

Edit: I watched Pulp Fiction again recently. The dancing scene has a weird feeling to it under this context.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
She thinks her feet aren't worthy of being filmed. That was all.
Way to make this a thing... wow people are bad at comprehensive listening and reading.
It's not a problem to her at all.

To any normal person those are just feet on a windscreen...

Watching Tarentino blow a foot is disgusting though. I have no idea whay foot-fetish is a thing but it is and it's pretty innocent.
Unless you force people to do things they're actually not comfortable with. Like wanting you to put your foot in his mouth.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The not so secret foot fetish shit?

Ok, how would you propose the rules on such a thing. Certified psychologist censors armed with director profiles...? Outlawing certain acts? Like... fucking think for a sec. And utter impracticality aside why kink shame?

I think Tarantino is an overrated goblin of a director but I would never propose bans on non abusive content because I find some aspect offensive or distasteful.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
If qt is going to plug his foot fetish into his films I hope they're at least making sure the actors know about the scene before taking on the role but I somehow doubt they do. Not cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, how would you propose the rules on such a thing. Certified psychologist censors armed with director profiles...? Outlawing certain kinks? Like... fucking think for a sec. And utter impracticality aside why kink shame?

I think Tarantino is an overrated goblin of a director but I would never propose bans on non abusive content because I find some aspect offensive or distasteful.
Or just professional restraint ya know, like most directors have when it comes to fetishes

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ok, how would you propose the rules on such a thing. Certified psychologist censors armed with director profiles...? Outlawing certain kinks? Like... fucking think for a
sec. And utter impracticality aside why kink shame
.. I never said there should be rules, just that folks should make decisions to not be unprofessional assholes. No one is kink shaming.

But apparently I'm the one who needs to think, ok.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Ok, how would you propose the rules on such a thing. Certified psychologist censors armed with director profiles...? Outlawing certain acts? Like... fucking think for a sec. And utter impracticality aside why kink shame?

Sounds like something which is verging, if not passing, as a hostile work environment. In any other industry there would be HR, in Hollywood there is no accountability. It's not about the kink, it's being unprofessional about it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with having a kink, but I do think he used his position here to force someone to do something they didn't feel comfortable doing.

The foot scene adds nothing of value by the video.
Don't quite agree with that. It makes for a very unusual shot and instantly tells you a lot about the character

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
.. I never said there should be rules, just that folks should make decisions to not be unprofessional assholes. No one is kink shaming.

But apparently I'm the one who needs to think, ok.
Sounds like something which is verging, if not passing, as a hostile work environment. In any other industry there would be HR, in Hollywood there is no accountability. It's not about the kink, it's being unprofessional about it.

And HR department in a normal business would have kittens at this kind of behaviour.

SAG has very strong protections for performers.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
SAG has very strong protections for performers.
That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I'm saying he should keep his reoccurring fetishes out of his films.

Especially when you've got an actor saying they were uncomfortable with it. No amount of protections are going to remove the power dynamic between old powerful white dudes behind a camera and their actors (young women in particular).

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Tarantino foot fetish archivists will also be pleased with his latest tribute to the body part, starring the soles of Qualley, pressed up against the dashboard. "Oh, I'm aware," she says of the trope. "I have dancer's feet, though, so I was like, 'You don't want me to take my shoes off! I have disgusting feet. They've been mangled!' It was the one thing I'm scared about, more than any other body part. I was like, can we have a close up on my elbows instead?'"

A wild ride, to say the least. "If that's my last ever movie," Qualley dryly jokes, "I had some good experiences." But you can expect to see much more of the actress (and her, for the record, perfectly nice) toes very soon. Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood is out July 26, and she's also leading a surefire hit adaptation of Joanna Rakoff's My Salinger Year, which just wrapped in Montreal. "I still feel like I definitely don't know what I'm doing," she continues. "What is life, dude? What is life?"
apparently the foot demon has outdone himself because a few articles comment about how much bare feet are in this movie, lol

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017

it's not kink shaming to say that someone shouldn't abuse their position of power to force their kinks on others

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm not sure about this one, they are just feet, but he likes them a little too much.
She seems more bothered by how ugly they are.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I think about the issue of fetishism and consent quite often. If you stare at a woman's cleavage, you're being gross because you're making her uncomfortable. But let's break down the problem: you're transgressing a social norm by ogling a body part that is considered sensitive, and you're making her feel unsettled because she's aware of the arousal you're experiencing. Anyone who's ever suffered a creep-hug knows all about this: you think a hug is innocent, then you become aware that it's being received in a sexual manner you did not consent to.

So a woman may not feel weird about a man looking at her feet (or elbow, etc), but if she was to learn he fetishized the body part at which he was staring, she would become aware that the interaction was sexualised without her consent. Maybe she then chooses to cover up the body parts that she is now aware elicit an unintended reaction. But as with cleavage or thighs or butts in yoga pants, we know the ethical onus is on men to keep their libido in check rather than on women to change what they choose to wear.

Obviously I'm not suggesting we police foot fetishism, but it raises some very interesting questions about one's personal ethics. When you choose not to look at the mirror which shows the reflection of someone's ass when they're changing, you're doing it because they didn't consent to showing you their sweet, sweet can. But if you knew they wouldn't care, does that make it acceptable to peek? And to what extent is your choice informed by a desire to respect a presumption that they don't wish to arouse you?

I think one of the reasons so many people are creeped out by foot fetishists is because they're aware that they can covertly sexualize an interaction that others can't - just like if you learn long after a hug that felt normal that the hug-instigator was aroused by hugging you.

But okay, I'm just saying it's an interesting subject to pick apart - please don't come at me like I'm an LL_Decitrig in a thread about the ethics of the Russos' choice to feed bereved children hamburgers in a PG rated film.

Last edited:

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Another disgusting scene we'll have to deal with.

But power dynamic here isn't as simple as someone playing alonge with their boss in a work environment. They sign contracts that are very descriptive of what's required of them, they know very well what they're in for, if he ever get out of line outside filming, fuck him. But being uncomfortable in the way you're being filmed is something probably every actor had to deal with at some point if they've been long enough in the industry. This isn't different from most no name actors doing a nude scene for a big TV series/movie, it's part of the industry and a feet close up for staring in a Tino movie seems like an easy choice to make.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This isn't different from most no name actors doing a nude scene for a big TV series/movie, it's part of the industry and a feet close up for staring in a Tino movie seems like an easy choice to make.

Except this isn't a nudity contract, which can get detailed and are made before the filming starts. Tarantino (from what she said) just "asks" when they're making the scene to do it until they cave in, regardless of how comfortable the actress is.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I'd expect you all to make threads the next time a movie shows some prominent naked bodies but then we'd be swamped in threads. Those directors are surely "coloring" their works by their desires also.

That being said, Tarantino is a bit weird about how he goes about it. I'm not really a fan, but I'm also not a fan of content made purely for titillation. This scene, however, is not a big deal.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Dawg it's fine to have your fetishes and kinks and it can be fine at times to wear your weirdness on your sleeve. DONT bring that shit into a professional setting and DONT force your shit on other people who aren't into it or you

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pressuring people into intimate? acts about themselves in a (very prominent) movie is pretty disgusting.

What the fuck.