• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I watched this movie last night and when this scene came on, I closed my eyes. I refuse to disrespect someone's wishes like that.

There was a scene of Margot Robbie's feet too which caught me by surprise and made me physically ill knowing that Tarantino likely thought about threatening her career if she didn't allow it.
BitchAreYouForReal.gif

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I watched this movie last night and when this scene came on, I closed my eyes. I refuse to disrespect someone's wishes like that.

There was a scene of Margot Robbie's feet too which caught me by surprise and made me physically ill knowing that Tarantino likely thought about threatening her career if she didn't allow it.

Buddy. No. Just no. This is over the line. I think I need a break from the internet for awhile.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

Lmao

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017

this post will probably make the afternoon news reels

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Well, this thread exists.

#dead

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

Are you for real.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This thread is becoming legendary!

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I pulled my feet out in solidarity for the whole film and put them up on the seat in front of me. There were rows full of creepy disgusting perverts behind me that got a full view of my feet, and the person in front of me even looked up at them. I felt like a piece of meat but my protest would not be stopped.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, I'm going to give this one a solid pass, and I'm not some major QT fan. Some folks here are absolute sexual authoritarians, which will only harm attempts to target real predators and abusers.

In a world filled with hundreds of unpunished Cosbys, Weinsteins and Epsteins, I can't fathom how people can expend their outrage on something this minimal. Even Qualley herself clearly regards it as a subject of joking embarrassment rather than anything traumatic (because of course she does, it would seem absurd not to).

It's Me-Too, not Me-Toe.

What hurt QT the most is the context being revealed. No one noticed this shit till we found out he liked feet now it's impossible to unsee.

If she was exploited in some way I hope she would speak up. But from the sounds of it I'm sure she knows about QT and his love for feet and he convinced her to do her thing.

Really weird to see people get upset at this and not the constant "ass and tits" shots from other movies that just sexualize women in a more blatant fashion.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Why are some of you painting women who don't want to be seen as victims as victims?

This behavior is a red flag to me.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People in here talking like feet are her genitals or something. It is weird knowing he has a foot fetish tho

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Community Generalizations and Misrepresenting Moderation; Numerous Accumulated Infractions for Inflammatory Behavior Including a Severe Ban for Transphobia
If she's not comfortable with her feet being fetishized, then that should be respected. You can't just dismiss how someone feels about being harassed just because it's "feet."

That said, this video alone doesn't seem to be enough to support the assertion that she was forced to do something she didn't want to.

At ppl getting warned: Are you really surprised? Staff here culls the herd to form as homogeneous a groupthink as possible. That's why the opinions on ERA don't reflect that of reality and tend to skew far more radically than that of the American population's (and I don't know about European countries, there's some fucked up misogynistic shit that goes on in those parts).