• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mariah Carey's former security company is threatening to sue the powerhouse singer for sexual harassment — and for calling the owner a Nazi, skinhead and white supremacist.

In the draft of Anello's suit obtained by TMZ, he alleges Carey consistently humiliated him by referring to him and his colleagues as members of the various hate groups.

He also claims she said she "wanted to be surrounded with black guys, not white people."

The draft also details allegations of sexual harassment — particularly with the security pro alleging Carey committed "sexual acts with the intent that they be viewed by Anello."

More at: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...plans-sue-sexual-harassment-article-1.3618894

Walk me off stage if old

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
She didn't make her protection detail sign NDA's? Surprising in this day and age.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Carey committed "sexual acts with the intent that they be viewed by Anello."

Sexual acts, like actual ones or choreographed?

He described an incident in which Carey invited him into her room during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, and the "We Belong Together" singer was wearing an open see-through negligee. She reportedly refused to let him leave until he moved her luggage.

Oh, right. Yikes.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

He described an incident in which Carey invited him into her room during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, and the "We Belong Together" singer was wearing an open see-through negligee. She reportedly refused to let him leave until he moved her luggage.

Oh, right. Yikes.

That was the sexual harassment? That just sounds like bossy (diva) shit. nothing sexual about it.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

am I doing mariah carey gifs right

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I used to be in love with Mariah... still think she's stunning. I can only imagine how I'd respond to the hotel room incident.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

Hmmm, I don't know. This one instance could be sexual harassment or just Mariah Carey being sloppy on vacation.

And yeah I can understand wanting to be around black security staff as a POC but roasting bald white dudes on your payroll ain't a good look.

Oct 27, 2017
My brother worked for her husband. I don't know anything about this but he had a fairly negative opinion of her.

Shuri

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds awful. I remember reading about this a few years ago. She has an history of treating staff like garbage

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine there will be a lot of differing opinions because she's a woman.

Since we often see male teachers sleeping with students is bad but there's a lot of people who cheer on women who sleep with students.

Sexual harassment is sexual harassment. Regardless of who is doing it.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Weinstein is waiting in his hotel room in his underwear, tells his assistant/ male or female to move his own belongings and doesn't allow them to leave the room until they do so and doesn't bother to properly dress themselves.
I still wouldn't consider that sexual. If he or she were butt naked then yes. But, underwear covers the genitals and I believe a "negligee" covers the genitals and breast area.

bobloblaw1983

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh, right. Yikes.
Did you buy that slick jacket or just take a picture of you wearing it in the store?

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It could be sexual without nudity. Besides, if that's the thing, it was see through.
This is true, but for that to occur there would need to be seduction involved. If Mariah said something sexually suggestive to him like "come here and nibble on my breasts or I won't let you leave!" That would have been sexual harassment. All I see her saying in this case was "I won't let you leave until you move my luggage" If that's considered a sexual comment by the courts then I have a lot of re-learning to do.

Oct 27, 2017
This is true, but for that to occur there would need to be seduction involved. If Mariah said something sexually suggestive to him like "come here and nibble on my breasts or I won't let you leave!" That would have been sexual harassment. All I see her saying in this case was "I won't let you leave until you move my luggage" If that's considered a sexual comment by the courts then I have a lot of re-learning to do.
I can be with her titties in view. If she were wearing, like, a sports bra and workout shorts this wouldn't be an issue. Whatever she did made her bodyguard (a professional tough guy) uncomfortable.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Weinstein is waiting in his hotel room in his underwear, tells his assistant/ male or female to move his own belongings and doesn't allow them to leave the room until they do so and doesn't bother to properly dress themselves.
Thanks for this post. Though, to be honest, I'm a bit bemused by the fact that it was needed.

Storm Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USER WARNED: Sexual harassment isn't a joke.
Would I get dogpiled/banned if I said I wouldn't mind getting harassed by Mariah Carey?

Because I wouldn't http://www./forum/Smileys/default/doge.png

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would I get dogpiled/banned if I said I wouldn't mind getting harassed by Mariah Carey?

Because I wouldn't http://www./forum/Smileys/default/doge.png
I mean it isn't really the place to be making that statement, but I would also be lying if I didn't agree with you.

The problem is that the person who this happened to was uncomfortable by it.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum

Well that definitely could be sexual harassment, but just because he or she is in there underwear doesn't make it so for me. I guess I'm crazy because I can picture a scenario in my head where MJ is just sitting there doing some random something - for example watching tv or brushing her hair and just says "move the luggage" while not really focused on the security guard. That doesn't say harassment to me. It says she's oblivious and silly, but that's all I see.

On the flip side it's also all to easy to see how this could have been a situation where she was trying to harass him. I guess I just need more details than what was provided.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Well that definitely could be sexual harassment, but just because he or she is in there underwear doesn't make it so for me. I guess I'm crazy because I can picture a scenario in my head where MJ is just sitting there doing some random something - for example watching tv or brushing her hair and just says "move the luggage" while not really focused on the security guard. That doesn't say harassment to me. It says she's oblivious and silly, but that's all I see.

On the flip side it's also all to easy to see how this could have been a situation where she was trying to harass him. I guess I just need more details than what was provided.
Oh it definitely sounds like harassment to me but not SEXUAL harassment. There is a defined difference between the two or am I taking crazy pills??

Oct 27, 2017
I think I would be offended at the idea that she was parading around me half naked when she and I both knew I had exactly zero chance of bedding her. That would make me uncomfortable.

TheMikado

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Oh it definitely sounds like harassment to me but not SEXUAL harassment. There is a defined difference between the two or am I taking crazy pills??

You are saying it from the harassers point of view rather than the victim. The important thing is that the victim sees it as such and the courts see where it has possible sexual connotations. Ie a manager says to an assistant "I have a banana in my pocket." Assistant argues sexual harassment, manager says I had an actual banana so it's not sexual. The court takes the obvious connotation and there victims perceptions and determines from there.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

The TMZ article has different wording for what it's worth.

Anello claims during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mariah asked him to come to her room to move some luggage and when he got there, she was wearing a see-through negligee that was open. He says he tried leaving but she insisted he move the luggage. He says he left the room and there was no physical contact.

So he implies that he was called up to the room under the auspice of moving luggage only for her to flash him and I think it's relatively believable because it's not just a negligee, not just a see-through negligee, but an open see-through negligee and she had plenty of time to cover up. People's thoughts on American Culture's views on nudity aside, their relationship is a professional one so for her to be so exposed in that situation is fairly inappropriate. As others have pointed out, if she were a man I think there would generally be far less questioning over whether it was harassment.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fail to see how this is any different than Weinstein in a bathrobe. Like, at all.

There was no contact with several Weinstein victims as well (Lena Heady for instance) but it was definitely sexual harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.