• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had the willpower to follow her plans and sort my house. My only issue is that every time they sort out a house, it's looks empty and sterile. Like a show home instead of a place people live in haha.
Are you saying the homes on the show look empty and sterile at the end of the episodes? If so, I couldn't disagree more. They still look fairly jam packed with stuff to me, and are more cluttered than I like, they just no longer look like garbage dumps.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Minus my furniture, i can fit my entire life in my car. My goal is to be able to fit it all into just my trunk. I actually don't like owning a lot of things. I feel like i don't deserve it and should live a more simple life. Wife, on the other hand, is a borderline hoarder. 90% of the things in the house are hers. She is also an artist, so it comes with the territory.

I fit all my shit in a Ford Focus plus a mini trailer when I moved back in with my parents. I'm now down to about a hatch with the seat down load

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wish I had the willpower to follow her plans and sort my house. My only issue is that every time they sort out a house, it's looks empty and sterile. Like a show home instead of a place people live in haha.

The homes featured on the show are faaar from minimalist (which seems to be Marie's personal style). The people she helped are just much more clean and organized compared to before. They still keep a lot of their stuff.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The homes featured on the show are faaar from minimalist (which seems to be Marie's personal style). The people she helped are just much more clean and organized compared to before. They still keep a lot of their stuff.
Well the method is flexible. It's more about asking yourself, do you really need this? And does thing bring you joy?

A good example was the first couples's wedding photos. They were in a box in the garage. She obviously didn't tell them to dump the wedding photos, but to consider displaying them.

The second older couple had a baseball card collection that was trimmed to only their favorites.

Mackelmore's hit song, Thrift Shop. It's a joke lol.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Well the method is flexible. It's more about asking yourself, do you really need this? And does thing bring you joy?

A good example was the first couples's wedding photos. They were in a box in the garage. She obviously didn't tell them to dump the wedding photos, but to consider displaying them.

The second older couple had a baseball card collection that was trimmed to only their favorites.

Mackelmore's hit song, Thrift Shop. It's a joke lol.
Also Cliff Bleszinski infamously posted "Macklemore is the only modern rapper with something to say."

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going thrifting today. I hope someone threw out their dead father's cameras

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching her show in preparation for a big spring cleaning/organizing that we have planned, looking for some killer tips, and I just think its funny that it all boils down to "throw your shit out if you don't use it regularly." It's not wrong, it just shows that there's no big secret or life hack you need in order to live in a clean place.

My favorite was the episode with the guy who had a ton of shoes. I waited the whole episode to see how she recommended storing them, and her advice was "use a shoe rack."

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA

The second older couple had a baseball card collection that trimmed to only their favorites.

I liked how the tidying helped people find and keep important sentimental stuff.

One guy had like 100+ sneakers and ended up getting it down to his absolute favorites (about 40 pairs). Still a lot, but better than before. Now he's actually wearing the sneakers and not letting them literally fall apart unworn. Lol

Oct 27, 2017
Marie Kondo has truly changed my life since I read her book. I'm not still there yet since I always get lazy to clean around, but I do noticed that I'm doing it more often.

Sometimes I do feel the urge to ebay my way into oblivion but then I calm dawn and remember that it is the rush of buying things, not actually want them, is what make me feel this. So I relent.

With fewer things laying around, my mind is actually at peace. I don't have anything that isn't irreplaceable, everything come and goes. If something needs to go, it does.