• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Marilyn Manson has split with his longtime bassist and guitarist Jeordie White after the musician, also known as Twiggy Ramirez, was accused of rape.

"I have decided to part ways with Jeordie White as a member of Marilyn Manson," Manson wrote on Twitter. "He will be replaced for the upcoming tour. I wish him well." On Instagram, Manson added, "This is a sad day."

White's departure from the band comes after Jessicka Addams, singer of the band Jack Off Jill, accused him of rape and abuse in an October 20th Facebook post. Addams detailed what she claims was a tumultuous relationship with White, which began in the early Nineties when she was 18. Over time, according to Addams, White's temper grew worse and his violence towards her escalated from emotional abuse and fat-shaming into physical attacks.

In her post, Addams spoke about the feelings of "guilt and shame" that followed her in the aftermath of the alleged attack, especially as she continued to move in the same circles as White (Jack Off Jill toured with Manson in 1999). She said these feelings were exacerbated when her record label warned her not to go public with her story because Jack Off Jill could be "blackballed by concert promoters, radio programmers, and other bands and their managers… The label blatantly feared the big machine behind Marilyn Manson would use their power to destroy not only Jack Off Jill, but my name, Jessicka, as well. The pressure and guilt of the inevitable repercussions of my rape story affecting my band's livelihood, happiness and success kept me silent for years."

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...twiggy-ramirez-after-rape-allegations-w510127

I'm not surprised. Manson and Twiggy have admitted to doing some heinous stuff to their groupies.

I'm also glad to see Jessicka come forward with this, and also glad to see Twiggy is facing consequences for his behavior.