• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Hey guys, I noticed we didn't have any kind of OT for a Mario Kart online community. Decided to make two tournament rooms so I can school y'all in some Mario Kart. There is the standard 150cc and the 200cc. Here go the codes for both rooms. I'll update this OP with facts/stats/tutorials/etc. while it goes. If you guys have any info you'd like here, please help me out!

Your rankings in the room reset every weekend, so you might be King/Queen one week but that'll change the next!

150cc Room:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
200cc Room:
Hidden content
Looking forward to playing with you guys!

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Hey guys, I noticed we didn't have any kind of OT for a Mario Kart online community. Decided to make two tournament rooms so I can school y'all in some Mario Kart. There is the standard 150cc and the 200cc. Here go the codes for both rooms. I'll update this OP with facts/stats/tutorials/etc. while it goes. If you guys have any info you'd like here, please help me out!

Your rankings in the room reset everyday, so you might be King/Queen one day but that'll change the next!

150cc Room:
Hidden content
200cc Room:
Hidden content
Looking forward to playing with you guys!
OTs/Community threads for old games go into Hangouts.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm...I feel like this OP needs a little bit more Mario Kart pizazz. Who did the old thread?

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to try and make some images we can use in the new OT. I'll be ready to play after then! p

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for delaying my new changes....I still play the game regularly so I will upload the OT images today. Roo gave me permission to.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know that there was a OT for MK8D.

I'd love to play some games since I just got it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving the game, just a slight control issue that I don't think I'll be able to fix but I figured I'd ask anyways. It feels like the game is controlling me in some small instances like drifting and when I'm airborne, like the game artificially forcing me to land prematurely. It is somewhat jarring to experience. My last in depth kart experience was Sonic All-Stars Transformed on PC & 360/XB1 and this doesn't do that. Am I alone in this feeling?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Isn't there a setting you can turn off somewhere? Don't remember where it is exactly but it should help beginners to corner and so on. Or was is only a setting to constantly accelerate? Don't remember.

InkyVulture

Oct 26, 2017
So I have a kind of advanced question to which I think the answer is no: on another Switch I had ghost data, now I'm on a new Switch but didn't get a save transfer, can I download my old ghost? I can't see it in the more ghosts list, but my friend can see it on theirs.
My new Switch also displays the correct amount of hours played for Mario Kart from my old Switch.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Man this thread is dead...
I need you guys to learn the shortcuts/secrets otherwise competing is out of the question...

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Yeah I had to look this thread up. It might be dead but it's bothering me right now. How is it possible some people online manage to get in first place right away and stay there the whole race? When they get hit by red shells, they make the animation as if they got hit and coins get knocked out of them, but they don't lose any speed whatsoever?

Nothing wrong with my internet, so I know it's not lag. Think people are cheating already?

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
So is this game worth the $60? I feel like I will get bored after I race on all of the tracks once.

If you played it on Wii U before then probably not, but if you didn't then absolutely. I had the same worries since there isn't that many tracks at all really, but me and my roommate (who doesn't particularly like Nintendo or Kart games at all, but got massively sold on it after a few races) played through 50cc, 100cc, Mirror, and 150cc together, and are now trying 200cc (and struggling). In between that we've played a few battle mode games and a bunch of online races. If you have someone willing to play local co-op with you, the replayability/lasting value of this game is pretty much infinite.

If not, and you're only gonna be playing single player, that depends entirely on how much you enjoy the racing I guess. If you aren't gonna play online or battle either, only do the grand prix's then quit, then it is pretty shallow. Although there are plenty of unlocks and stuff, so if you care about that it might keep you going.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you played it on Wii U before then probably not, but if you didn't then absolutely. I had the same worries since there isn't that many tracks at all really, but me and my roommate (who doesn't particularly like Nintendo or Kart games at all, but got massively sold on it after a few races) played through 50cc, 100cc, Mirror, and 150cc together, and are now trying 200cc (and struggling). In between that we've played a few battle mode games and a bunch of online races. If you have someone willing to play local co-op with you, the replayability/lasting value of this game is pretty much infinite.

If not, and you're only gonna be playing single player, that depends entirely on how much you enjoy the racing I guess. If you aren't gonna play online or battle either, only do the grand prix's then quit, then it is pretty shallow. Although there are plenty of unlocks and stuff, so if you care about that it might keep you going.

Thanks for the response! I'm not into MP at all anymore besides co-op so I would probably never race online. Haven't played it on the Wii U, but as you mentioned, it seems kinda shallow if you only want to play single player. I think I will hold off and maybe get it some other time. Thanks again!

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
This thread never made it past a few posts lol??

WHAT??

Anyways I had a great time playing this the other day.

lol Waluigi was messing with me the whole race.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The Smart Steering. Can you have this automatically on per profile?

I want to play a mix of players in my family and it'd be nice if my kids could be on and play with Smart Steering without having to faff in menus each time. This would be for the bunch of us playing multiplayer too.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
The Smart Steering. Can you have this automatically on per profile?

I want to play a mix of players in my family and it'd be nice if my kids could be on and play with Smart Steering without having to faff in menus each time. This would be for the bunch of us playing multiplayer too.

Unfortunately I don't think so? Me and my roomate used to play splitscreen daily using the same accounts every time and we had to set the control schemes every time....very strange thing to miss out really

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
Where are the options for steering/driver aids, I can't seem to find anything about difficulty options in game and find it a bit oppressive.

I haven't played a Mario Kart since 64 and don't like the hand holding. If I want to drive off the road let me damn it!!!!

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Where are the options for steering/driver aids, I can't seem to find anything about difficulty options in game and find it a bit oppressive.

I haven't played a Mario Kart since 64 and don't like the hand holding. If I want to drive off the road let me damn it!!!!

It's on the pause menu. The icons at the top switch the assists on and off. You want them all off.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
So I can't access it in the main menus before selecting races?

Cheers though its been getting on my nerves.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
I just picked up MK8 Deluxe. Am I crazy or does Double Dash feel a lot better with its handling?
Also why can I not change the controls? I dont like 'A' as my acceleration button, and shooting with the 'L' trigger makes me less precise.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I just picked up MK8 Deluxe. Am I crazy or does Double Dash feel a lot better with its handling?
Also why can I not change the controls? I dont like 'A' as my acceleration button, and shooting with the 'L' trigger makes me less precise.

I agreed massively when I first got Double Dash but I think I enjoy MK8D more now. It takes a while to get used to but feels great imo. You are right about not being able to change them though, it's super annoying. Hopefully you can get more used to it and enjoy the controls a bit better.

Nov 1, 2017

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome thanks. I finally played with assists off the other way and it really made it feel a lot better.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
Double post but I did the assists when doing the car parts and it also brings up the car ratings too. I had no idea the parts changed the performance I thought it was all cosmetic, mind blown!

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Awesome, I love this game and never played it with Era!

Will join 150 cc when I can

Watch out for jorgejjvr, for Wario ;)

We should must definitely have a era discord group to make it easier to chat.

Do we have that?? If not, we need one!

Last edited:

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Just hoping to get some extra info on multiplayer options.

My friend has a Switch and the game. I only have a Switch and no copy of the game.

If I take my Switch to their house, am I able to use it to play multiplayer in any way? Or will it only be possible to do splitscreen on their TV/Switch with additional controllers? Will bringing my own Switch round ultimately be useless?

Many thanks!

Edit: Got an answer elsewhere. Seems bringing my Switch would be useless, as there is no Download Play function like on DS. Shame that doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
I agree with the people who posted earlier that it's a shame you cannot use a driver profile that keeps your settings and a record of your stats. that would be nice.

This is way off topic, but Steven Universe why did you use the hide option? What is the value of hiding the room and why not use the spoiler option instead?

I never understand why people use hide. You cannot read it until you are at the bottom of the page in the reply window, unless I am missing something.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
This is way off topic, but Steven Universe why did you use the hide option? What is the value of hiding the room and why not use the spoiler option instead?

I never understand why people use hide. You cannot read it until you are at the bottom of the page in the reply window, unless I am missing something.
Forgive me for answering for the OP, but that would be to prevent lurkers who aren't registered at this forum to see the codes and join the rooms.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How active are you guys on this game? Just bought it and looking for some MP fun.