• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Title says it all. The legs (or perhaps wheels) on this game are incredible.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Me and my parents and family in general prefer MKWii, mostly because we're super nostalgic for Coconut Mall, Toad's Factory and Mushroom Gorge.

But I also had good times with MK8D! I hate the direction Nintendo's going in general but I am excited for the next one.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
This isn't even including the Wii U version right?

Would be like 47+ million combined. 50+ million is guaranteed.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
quick, somebody post that Mario kart 8 polygon image

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that in Wii's twilight years MKW was a pack-in game, which makes MK8's achievement event more amazing

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Best Mario Kart so it's well deserved. One of those games where a sequel would be nice but there's not really any rush as it still plays great, has a ton of track variety and a really active online following.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
I honestly never thought we'd see the day that mario kart wii would be surpassed, pre switch era.

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
Why on earth hasn't this game received any DLC? It somehow feels irresponsible, like throwing money into a fire.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Wii Sports sold the Wii. It deserves those sales regardless of it being a pack in. If the term killer app had any meaning at all, it was with that game.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It's the best Mario mart in terms of how it plays and it's content. The only downside is the battle mode where MK64 remains king.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Boo, Mario Kart Wii is the better game to play. Viva La Funky Bike Wii forever.

And screw coins forever as well.

YasuYone

Feb 17, 2021
What a domination! And the fact that over 80% of the game was originally made for the Wii U! The amount of $$$$ they earned must be insane!

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on a sale for this game... this game has done well enough at this point, I don't know why we haven't gotten one. I paid for it full price on Wii U and its DLC, I don't see a reason why I should have to pay full price for it again. Plus, I'd love to gift it to a few people as well. Those 60$ really add up. šŸ˜“ Oh, well.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on a sale for this game... this game has done well enough at this point, I don't know why we haven't gotten one. I paid for it full price on Wii U and its DLC, I don't see a reason why I should have to pay full price for it again. Plus, I'd love to gift it to a few people as well. Those 60$ really add up. šŸ˜“ Oh, well.
It's been on sale repeatedly.

Nov 1, 2017
I am completely baffled that Nintendo, a company that notoriously loves money, is a fan of money and is also very enthusiastic about money isn't pumping out DLC for this game. Make some extra tracks, or extra characters or even skins/outfits? Hell, experiment with different game modes. Mario kart capture the flag anybody? There is so much cash just being left on the table that millions of gamers would be more than happy to load up into a dump truck that would then get parked on Nintendo's lawn.

We're gonna go a whole generation without a new Mario Kart game because there's no way they will cannibalise the sales of a game that just doesn't stop printing money. What a strange company they are.