• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And finally, Nintendo Switch regulars Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (No.10), Super Mario Party (No.24), Super Mario Odyssey (No.25) and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (No.38) rose 98 per cent, 110 per cent, 110 per cent and 111 per cent.

Felt like this needed its own thread.

Looks like Pokemon is doing its job, and driving new hardware sales for Switch.

SOURCE

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What did they do last year on Black Friday? Just to compare how much Pokemon helped.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I got a Switch last week with Pokemon, plan on getting Odyssey and MK8 too.

Been some great deals in the UK too, so that helps.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Does this include bundles? There were some crazy deals in the UK the last week (Switch + MK8 + Zelda) for like £280.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly these seem like pretty weak bumps to me, it was Black Friday week after all. I guess they weren't discounted at all though, so the bump was driven purely by increased Switch sales, rather than current owners looking for some offers on games.

Aug 1, 2018
*sigh* ... I wish I could play Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey for the first time again.

sophiscated_cat.PNG

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Got Switch thanks to the £299 deal on amazon with pokemon and just dance

Played Pokemon for an hour and thought MEH, will wait for next years one (loved Sun/Moon just 2 years ago). So sold Just Dance and Pokemon at CEX for a combined in credit cost of £86. Then brought Mario Kart 8, Zelda Breath of the Wild!

Bought Super Mario Odyssey on the online store which I'm playing.

In all I got a Switch for £214 last week.

So I'd say my sale for those evergreen titles was more to do with black friday deal than Pokemon. But there is no doubt it is selling systems

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
All 3 will hit 20 million eventually. Book it.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Like, just compared to the previous week? It's Black Friday, when a lot of new consoles are being sold, this isn't really mind blowing.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Zelda's full transition to a true evergreen is pretty remarkable. It's probably going to end up passing 20m lifetime globally imo.

Odyssey too really, big shift for 3D Mario.

Irvine2_

Dec 8, 2017
Could MK8 reach again the top thanks to the bundle?

1. Super Mario Odyssey
LTD: 12.17 million units

2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
LTD: 11.71 million units