• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the context is 20m hardware units for the year. In the biggest sales week of the year Switch hardware got beat by the five year old PS4. If Nintendo are happy with this (and I think they probably aren't) then more fool them.
Pretty childish reaction. Sony are coasting to the end of the gen now, Nintendo are trying to drive sales.
Why do people have to console war in these kinds of threads...yes the PS4 is doing amazing, we know this. Does it need to be rammed down the throat of everyone in a thread about Switch games sales?
Sadly yes. It's the idea that other people might have undeserving fun with something they don't enjoy.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Any information about Splatoon? Hoping the franchise will be able to reach 10m by end of FY.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Context is just another way of making excuses,

screenshot-2014-08-19-21-02-07.png

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Felt like this needed its own thread.
and for this too I think:

As a result, Xbox One exclusives such as Forza Horizon 4 (No.5), Minecraft Master Edition (No.33) and Forza Motorsport 7 (No.34) all shot up the charts, with sales rising 535 per cent, 1768 per cent and 573 per cent respectively.

PS4 exclusives Spider-Man (No.6), God of War (No.21) and Detroit: Become Human (No.35), saw sales rise 634 per cent, 1283 per cent and 826 per cent respectively.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I probably won't ever get Mario Kart on Switch, because the price will never go down and I'm not paying that much for a game I already have on WiiU. I'll probably get Smash at some point because it has significant new content compared to the previous entry and the gameplay seems improved.

Last edited:

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I probably won't ever get Mario Kart on Switch, because the price will never go down and I'm not paying that much for a game I already have on WiiU. I'll probably get Smash at some point because it has significant new content compared to the previous entry and the galeplay seems improved.

Yeah, this is fair. I did pick up MK8 when it came out but ended up shifting it and just using the Wii U when i want to play it. Still looks amazing!

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
In regards to UK being smaller for Nintendo, I remember last year the switch selling more in France than in the UK despite most Xbox/PS4 games selling better in UK than France? That would be a good example of how Nintendo sells relatively less in the UK. Not to mention Spain, Germany, and I think I saw Sweden or Switzerland too showing strong switch presence in their charts. The only somewhat noteworthy regions worse than UK for Nintendo mind share would be New Zealand and Australia.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Article for anyone who believes Wii and DS are the benchmark for how UK sales relate to worldwide sales: Click.

UK has never been a strong Nintendo region except for the Wii/DS days, and Switch basically just continues that trend, putting in decent but not amazing numbers. For a typical Nintendo system, the UK represents a weaker market, and PS4 and XB1 have a big chance of outselling it in this market, regardless of how well the systems do worldwide.

That's all for me making excuses LMAO

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
He does seem to have a valid point though. Why was the Spider-Man thread closed but this wasn't?

Mods make mistakes. Just seek clarification. I expect it to be reopended. All we have to do is explain.

Not act likely brats

This thread is immature. OP took one data and excluded other for "some reasons".

There was a thread another thread about some of the other titles.

But I see you really just want to cry bias lol. Just address a mod. Zhuge would probably be able to provide an explanation or reopen the thread.

You dont need to be a brat

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
It would obviously never happen (at least not for a couple more years) but I'd love to see Zelda be a pack-in title so that everyone gets a chance to experience this fantastic game and to further spur on hard and software sales.

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
1. Isn't console wars talk forbidden on Resetera?

2. An evergreen title can't suddenly increase it's sales by 500%, cuz it is actually an evergreen title. If you sell well over the whole year, chance is that everyone who wanted the game has one and only new owners buy into it.

3. The Switch is actually doing fine right now and will most likely by current calculations hit their 20 million goal worldwide. It will be rather close, but they will hit it. Also, Switch is doing fine for a console that is basically not discounted at all at the 1 and 1/2 years point. After 2 years for example the PS4 had it's first discount. And as far as I know, Switch is still ahead of PS4 if you compare both from day 1 to 1 1/2 years.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Also, OP didn't include this data:

Why 110% increase is worth for new thread, but ^ this data is not?
I know I'm the one who posted that, but you have to take context into account. The titles I listed all had substantial deals, whereas the titles in the OP are in a completely different category - evergreen titles whose sales rose purely down to appeal (or a factor over than price). The other titles are equally impressive and thread worthy, phantom just saw that the specific category of Nintendo evergreens also did really well at full price and imo correctly thought it was thread worthy.

No one is stopping you or me from making a thread about how much the discounted products rose WOW.

I think I'll delete my post, I knew it would start something like this, sorry everyone