• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Dumping my screenshots / videos from the other thread:

Ok here's what we all saw comimg: character unlocks are the gacha mechanic. For example Luigi is a rare character. Each character has a special item.

HoFYG7w.jpg

Some of the characters.

So far the game looks incredibly bland and generic tbh
ixdGsl9.jpg
Seems like the amount of items you can have depends on the character. Also 2 laps per race

mMIBUBt.jpg

YjJNclw.jpg
Gameplay video:

https://streamable.com/3i5xj

Nintendo won't be able to take gameplay off the internet with me around :P

U2aTiCfl.jpg

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Currently confirmed characters:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Toad
Toadette
Rosalina
Waluigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Baby Rosalina
Metal Mario
Larry
Lemmy
Ludwig
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Wendy
Morton
Iggy
Donkey Kong
Koopa Troopa
King Boo
Shy Guy
Roy
Wario
Yoshi
Bowser
Gold Mario

Last edited:

Starkiller

Jan 30, 2018
For those who have it: how many courses are there?

How many speed classes (50cc, 100cc etc) are there?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Currently confirmed courses (guess i'll just follow Hours Left's lead on this one, lol):
  • SNES Choco Island 2
  • GCN Dino Dino Jungle
  • DS Luigi's Mansion
  • 3DS Toad Circuit
  • 3DS Mario Circuit

Last edited:

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have access to the beta but from the footage the game doesn't seem good to me. I don't know, I think it feels too bland and lacks Nintendo magic.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
From the footage the game seems really slow? As in the speed that the kart is moving.

Maybe this will feel like a normal pace when actually playing it on a mobile though.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have access to the beta but from the footage the game doesn't seem good to me. I don't know, I think it feels too bland and lacks Nintendo magic.

I'm not sure what I find more disappointing: The game looking even more shallow than kart racers usually are or the dreadful mobile UI that they already used on Super Mario Run.

This is precisely why I wanted something radically different and not Mario Kart Lite.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so certain characters have benefits playing certain maps it seems.
Example:
Toadette being used in 3ds toad circuit gives her 3 item slots in the race, but 1 item slot in other maps.

Luigi gets a 3-item boost in Luigi mansion map etc..

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
From the footage the game seems really slow? As in the speed that the kart is moving.

Maybe this will feel like a normal pace when actually playing it on a mobile though.
It's 50cc.

Ok so certain characters have benefits playing certain maps it seems.
Example:
Toadette being used in 3ds toad circuit gives her 3 item slots in the race, but 1 item slot in other maps.

Luigi gets a 3-item boost in Luigi mansion map etc..
DS Luigi's Mansion is in? Any more tracks that aren't on my list posted above?

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Anyone know if it requires log in into your Nintendo acc when you launch it? Just curious if it will work with apk file only.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I guess this is the video as above? But that one doesn't work for me, while this YouTube one does.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, DS Luigi mansion is in as well as a "R" version? Not sure what that character means but it has a different stage thumbnail.

Also Koopa Troopa as a character should be added, got him and his kart for free after winning a race.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying it so far! I have Toadette, Luigi, and Peach. Going to try and save up more emeralds so I can do a ten pull!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun enough, but I assume the progression gating on higher levels and p2w mechanics are going to make it gross pretty fast.

I'll probably play it a bit casually at least and try not to take it too seriously. At least in beta no one can pay to be ahead.

What do you pull for, characters only or also gliders and karts?
All of these.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Those of you who got access from the beta here should upload footage. Just don't upload it to Twitter :P

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Choco Mountain wasn't in 7.

Maybe they just reused the DS theme lol.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Mario Kart but with typical mobile monetization.

We may have our first Nintendo mobile hit!
Oof but I guess Nintendo learned their lesson after Mario Run.
As long as it kinda feel like Mario Kart, it should be OK, well if it has landscape mode otherwise it's horrible.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
How does it actually play? It almost looks like you trace your finger around judging from the gameplay

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I expected something a little crazier on mobile with all the secrecy surrounding this game. It seems to be gacha Mario Kart with heavy asset recycling from 7 and 8D, and simplified mechanics.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
To be honest, I expected something a little crazier on mobile with all the secrecy surrounding this game. It seems to be gacha Mario Kart with heavy asset recycling from 7 and 8D, and simplified mechanics.
That's honestly what I was expecting (though, I was hoping for some more new tracks, or tracks that weren't brought back yet so they could just put them in 8 Deluxe)