• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Items you save getting used automatically when you pick up a fresh item box is different for sure but we'll see how that works out.

You can disable this in the settings, made a big difference for me. I also recommend turning on manual drift.

Anyways I did 6 races and won every single race so gonna give it a break now and go back to bed. I personally enjoyed my short time with it, and I assume it's gonna get more fun as I reach the higher cc stuff.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
*checks back in*

Gacha is interesting... The pool is limited. That is, there are only so many items in it, so as you roll, your odds to get what you want increase.

ZDhKt75.jpg

The percentages even adjust to reflect that so you always know what your odds are. Gacha is still garbage, but at least this is less awful garbage.

2dQlHMH.jpg
Would you mind listing all the drivers please?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

If it isn't that big of a deal, can you post screenshots for all of the cup screens when you get the chance? It'll make it easier to organise the tracks.

SNES Mario Circuit 1 is also in? Neat. Gotta add that and Koopa Troopa Beach to the list:
Characters
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Rosalina
  • Waluigi
  • Donkey Kong
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Baby Mario
  • Baby Luigi
  • Baby Peach
  • Baby Daisy
  • Baby Rosalina
  • Metal Mario
  • Larry
  • Lemmy
  • Ludwig
  • Wendy
  • Morton
  • Iggy
  • Dry Bones
  • Dry Bowser
  • King Boo
Courses
  • SNES Mario Circuit 1
  • SNES Choco Island 2
  • SNES Rainbow Road
  • N64 Koopa Troopa Beach
  • GCN Dino Dino Jungle
  • DS Luigi's Mansion
  • 3DS Toad Circuit
  • 3DS Mario Circuit

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gacha is interesting... The pool is limited. That is, there are only so many items in it, so as you roll, your odds to get what you want increase.

ZDhKt75.jpg

The percentages even adjust to reflect that so you always know what your odds are. Gacha is still garbage, but at least this is less awful garbage.

2dQlHMH.jpg

35 racers being listed under normal is interesting, because that's the amount of characters in 8D if we remove the guest characters. Wonder if that's the current roster then?

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep its Mario kart. Seriously I get hit by 3 red shells in a row?

Unlocked koopa troops cup, reading the news it mentions that you'll face actual players unlike the previous cups so I was fighting against bots the whole time.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
35 racers being listed under normal is interesting, because that's the amount of characters in 8D if we remove the guest characters. Wonder if that's the current roster then?
They aren't unique racers, there are 15 unique racers in the normal pull, but 35 total that you can get in the gacha pool. In other words, they are duplicates, but you are limited on how many duplicates you can get per gacha pool.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Here are all three categories for the character gacha pull

AfS7UTm.jpg

pCykw44.jpg

2dQlHMH.jpg

This doesn't include drivers you get from star unlocks, but that should be all of the current gacha ones.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

AfS7UTm.jpg

pCykw44.jpg

2dQlHMH.jpg

This doesn't include drivers you get from star unlocks, but that should be all of the current gacha ones.
Alright, so the current roster seems to be:
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Daisy
  5. Rosalina
  6. Toad
  7. Toadette
  8. Yoshi
  9. Wario
  10. Waluigi
  11. Bowser
  12. Donkey Kong
  13. Koopa Troopa
  14. Shy Guy
  15. Dry Bones
  16. King Boo
  17. Baby Mario
  18. Baby Luigi
  19. Baby Peach
  20. Baby Daisy
  21. Baby Rosalina
  22. Metal Mario
  23. Dry Bowser
  24. Larry
  25. Lemmy
  26. Ludwig
  27. Wendy
  28. Morton
  29. Iggy
  30. Roy
All from 8 Deluxe (but missing Bowser Jr. again lol).

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So all Mario characters from 8D are in except for Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Lakitu, Bowser Jr., and Pink Gold Peach.

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what content there is after you are done with the cups, it shouldn't take long to finish those

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microtransactions galore. That's fine with me because I don't spend any money on these games when they're free.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

AfS7UTm.jpg

pCykw44.jpg

2dQlHMH.jpg

Oh good, Rosalina is an Ultra Rare, because of course she is.

But don't worry, her lame terrible Baby Form is Normal rate, so you'll most certianly get her first.

And on top of having Gacha, the game has a Lives based Timer system as well? (I assume that's what next to the level with the 12 minutes left underneath it)

I was expecting the Beta to at least have some unique courses made for the game, but it's just retro tracks.

This is looking like the easiest pass of all passes I've seen in awhile.

At least Team Sonic Racing is being pretty ace as a Kart Racer, and we're a month out until Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. There's plenty of other ways to scratch that Kart Racing itch.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
8sOeJnN.jpg

This is so dumb... You have to wait if you run out of hearts, and you have to wait when you've unlocked a cup... This is the stupidest, laziest f2p mechanic in existence.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
8sOeJnN.jpg

This is so dumb... You have to wait if you run out of hearts, and you have to wait when you've unlocked a cup... This is the stupidest, laziest f2p mechanic in existence.
Oh man, I hate this stuff in mobile games.

Can you please post screenshots of the completed Mario Cup and Koopa Troopa Cup? I haven't seen those on here yet.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, not what I expected at all though I guess I don't know what I expected. I haven't gotten my email yet so I can't start it but we'll see if it's decent at least for a mobile game. At least it looks nice and vibrant

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh good, Rosalina is an Ultra Rare, because of course she is.

But don't worry, her lame terrible Baby Form is Normal rate, so you'll most certianly get her first.

And on top of having Gacha, the game has a Lives based Timer system as well? (I assume that's what next to the level with the 12 minutes left underneath it)

I was expecting the Beta to at least have some unique courses made for the game, but it's just retro tracks.

This is looking like the easiest pass of all passes I've seen in awhile.

At least Team Sonic Racing is being pretty ace as a Kart Racer, and we're a month out until Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. There's plenty of other ways to scratch that Kart Racing itch.
LOL at comparing full console games to a f2p game.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
It's just as I expected it to be (looking at the video/pictures). A "dumbed" down version of Mario Kart for quick fun, just like Super Mario Run.

I hoped they wouldn't go with portrait view for this one..

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Turn on manual drift to burn past competition. The difference the ultra mini boost makes is huge. You can almost lap other players still stuck on auto. Only real issue from Manual is the controls become a bit weird, I always seem to drift despite wanting to make normal turns at times.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is getting so out of hand with this shit mobile cash grabs

A very far cry from the Iwata days