• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

In the smart-device business, Mario Kart Tour was scheduled to be released this fiscal year, but in order to improve quality of the application and expand the content offerings after launch, the release date has been moved to summer 2019. As we endeavor to develop future planned applications, we will also focus on continued service operations for applications that have already been released so that consumers can enjoy playing them for a long time

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190131e.pdf

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Omg all of these delayzzz nintendo is DOOOOOOOOOMED.........

God I need to get out of my house

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand how Mario Kart works as a smartphone app.

Hopefully this delay gives them more time to polish and convince me.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Nintendo stock about to nose dive with this and the missed hardware target

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
What?!? There are plenty of racing games on mobile devices, how would Mario kart be a challenge when all you do is put power ups into it...
Just seems a lot different from existing Nintendo offerings in that:
  1. Can't play vertically/one-handed (which is very much their thing)
  2. Seems like it would be pretty demanding performance-wise (whereas even Animal Crossing runs just fine on my budget phone)

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
Still excited to see this. Might be a great way to spend a few minutes while I'm out and about.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Judging by how Super Mario Run, Miitomo and AC Pocket Camp have performed, I assume they wanna get it right from the beginning this time.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
In the next Direct, Nintendo will announce that Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon 2018 will be delayed too. Joking aside, I can't wait to see how Nintendo will handle Mario Kart on mobile! I don't care about the delay but show the game Nintendo!

Jul 18, 2018
Just seems a lot different from existing Nintendo offerings in that:
  1. Can't play vertically/one-handed (which is very much their thing)
  2. Seems like it would be pretty demanding performance-wise (whereas even Animal Crossing runs just fine on my budget phone)
What are the other Nintendo games on mobile? I'm only aware of the Mario jump or whatever. Didn't know of any other ones, so didn't know it was their design choice to be one handed

Not really, plenty of racing games that I can run on my Samsung S2/S3. Hell my mom's old Moto e runs plenty fine. Luckily all those racing games have quality settings to run low etc. Don't think it would personally be demanding for majority of people, budget phones have great chips now

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I'll wait. I know the delays are probably more on Nintendo, but DeNA doesn't seem like that good of a collab choice looking back.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
What are the other Nintendo games on mobile? I'm only aware of the Mario jump or whatever. Didn't know of any other ones, so didn't know it was their design choice to be one handed

Not really, plenty of racing games that I can run on my Samsung S2/S3. Hell my mom's old Moto e runs plenty fine. Luckily all those racing games have quality settings to run low etc. Don't think it would personally be demanding for majority of people, budget phones have great chips now
In addition to Mario, there's Animal Crossing, Miitomo (discontinued), and Dragalia Lost. Also all the Pokemon games like GO, Quest, Shuffle, etc.

I'm just really hoping the game runs on my Moto G5 Plus, lol. I'm still bitter about not being able to play FFXV Pocket Edition >_<

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're taking plenty of time, that's for sure. Hopefully it'll be good and not too grindy, because I already have portable Mario Kart games and this one needs to do something differently/better in order to make sense playing it instead of MK8D.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This game is either gonna look U.G.L.Y. in motion by targeting lower-spec phones, or it won't run anywhere near 60 fps, and the shine will come off that apple real quick. Animal Crossing should have worked on phone hardware, but it was a technical disaster on top of not being fun.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
With the switch, I can play it 5-10 minutes at a time with mk8.
Ok? I don't take my Switch with me everywhere I go though, I hardly take it outside because my lifetyle doesn't revolve around being able to whip out a console every time I have some free time, so the convenience of having access to MK on my phone would be nice since that's a device I take with me virtually everywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
I am terrified this is going to replace Mario Kart 9 and console MK is over.

That's a ridiculous fear. See Fire Emblem and Pokemon for example. Despite having massively popular mobile games, they're still making new console games (and why wouldn't they?). There is no world where Nintendo doesn't make a Mario Kart 9.