• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Gold Mario is amazing. Going through one of those rings gets you like 14/15 coins at once *chefs kiss*

Good too for when you're hit with a shell, I almost immediately picked back up a dropped coin and kept going.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Had a CPU Kamek coin box while I was playing Gold Mario and it was amazing

Too bad it was a random non-ranked cup and Gold Mario was level 1 lol

I like the way Gold Mario looks in Tour compared to 8DX. In 8DX he's a bit too metallic and dark. I guess it's gold, but it doesn't match the gold parts or coins. Gold Mario in Tour is the more traditional Gold Mario colors from other games (albeit still not quite yellow enough). He still lacks pupils, though, although I think Nintendo has started to slowly retcon those out of Gold Mario

Oh yea and now that Tour is "done" there's a full soundtrack upload on YouTube, which amounts to basically a 3 hour and 20 minute long video of the greatest hits of Mario Kart music

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbn5NX1awx0

I'm going to really miss this game. It went from me ignoring it for years as a dumb mobile Mario Kart spinoff to now being one of my favorite games in the entire series. The score attack gameplay and focus on combos is so fun and addicting and the game has sooooooo much content

Last edited:

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
You'll still be able to toy about with Gold Mario. They're recycling the older Tours and I reckon they'll increase Gold Mario's coverage.
I'm dropping Tour after the Battle Tour lol

ned_ballad (and I guess everyone else in this thread), what are your top five songs in the game? Here's mine:

1. Sky Garden (waaaay better than the version in MK8D, even)
2. Berlin Byways
3. Sunset Wilds
4. Squeaky Clean Sprint
5. Yoshi Desert

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
1. Berlin Byways (the 8DX remix is bad)
2. Athens Dash
3. Madrid Drive
4. Ninja Hideaway (they cut the background electric guitar in 8DX for some reason?)
5. Sunset Wilds

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Wanted to go all in on my Gold Mii and see some crazy scores before retiring, but had to spend 6 tickets to get both Gold Knight Luigi and Thai Daisy from level 5 to level 6, and now I need tickets for Gold Mario too 😅

Guess I'll stick around for a little bit, see if it holds my attention at all with the tour reruns.

Bright side is this at least frees up my resources to invest in those guys I want and all my rubies can go to Mii suits.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
My interest in Tour plummeted knowing that it's about to end, so I might as well blow all my resources on trying to get Gold Mario this week since my coverage sucked last week.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
My interest in Tour plummeted knowing that it's about to end, so I might as well blow all my resources on trying to get Gold Mario this week since my coverage sucked last week.
Gold Mario has provided an interesting little lift to the game. His Coin Vacuum makes him really fun to use. On certain courses, like Rome Avanti 3, you can get some nice scores with him even if you haven't levelled him up much.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Got Gold Mario

I'll probably never use him, or play the game ever again because my interest in it was already starting to wane, but Tour had a good run. I'll miss it.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Came 2nd this week pretty easily. My load out was great.

1st beat me 30k though lol. Somehow had a 47k score on the first track despite having a level 2 glider.

I'm at least going to stick around to level up my Gold Mario and Gold Mii. Repeat ranked tracks also means I've got good stuff ready to go and can get some karts/gliders up to level 8/quad capped which is fun.

hiryu2015

Oct 27, 2017
The benefit of starting just six months ago means a lot of the repeat tours will be new for me. I mostly play single-player and only begrudgingly play multiplayer the minimum number of times to complete the challenges

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So now that we've finally come to the end of new content, how about we show off our final stats and collections/favorite drivers? Here's mine:

A40-F066-F-7-C22-4193-9-DD8-ABFA9-AB3-D384.png
E204080-F-C201-4-CF5-9876-7-D7-B5-D6-FCA63.png

I'm satisfied with what I got out of this game. Once the Battle Tour is over I'm calling it quits. It's been a good run.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Looking at the people ahead of me in ranked and the loadouts and levels they have, ranked during the loop is going to be ROUGH because everyone will just have crazy high level everything

I'm actually surprised at how low level some of my ranked stuff is for this cup, despite being a year old. Like I thought for sure I'd have taken the Tropical Truck further than level 4 by now, but uhh... no. Meanwhile #1 in my ranked has a 7/7/7 loadout for RMX Donut Plains 1. Fun times

I'm at 76. I'm so close to 80. Then I can die without any regrets

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I managed to finish with all of the Super drivers, which was my primary goal. Also made it to T99 months ago, but never once got 1st while I was in T99. The competition they pair you with at that level is just ridiculous. I would constantly get people Top 100 or Top 10 badges.

I'm disappointed that they didn't make ruby prices cheaper or go all out with the gold pass rewards to entice people to keep playing/spending. I would've liked to keep playing to at least collect all of the drivers, but it really does feel like there's no point now. Ah well, fun while it lasted. My hope is that when service ends they just make it a premium title and allow you to play any of the courses at any time.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Wish there was an easy way to show off karts/gliders like with favourite drivers to show our loadouts.

I'm gonna keep playing for a bit. Can get Gold Chuck maxed out at level 8 quad cap for next week where he's featured twice, and after that I'll start investing in the Gold Mii until it's maxed too.

Think I'll do the same and go all out in the Blazing Eagle. It's at 5 now, see where I can get it for the Autumn Tour where it should be in ranked 4 times? Wild.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I miss this thread. Perfect timing Rush Duel came to Duel Links right as this died out as that's gonna become my main mobile title...only play one at a time because I'm poor.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Lack of White Tanooki Mario is really hurting me on the first track this week. I want to pour my tickets into Gold Chuck / Gold Mii / Gold Mario though so no point in buying him. Rubies can go to Mii's instead.

Have over 40k on the other two tracks but only managed 23k on the first with my level 2 Yellow Explorer Shy Guy which has me in third currently.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
It's so weird to have so much more free time now that I'm done with the game lol. I had been playing it daily for over 4 years so the break in routine is so irregular to me.

I'm content, though. I'll keep watching this thread in case anything actually new pops up, at least.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
if they had to cut any given tour track to give it some proper TLC for the next mainline title, they picked the correct one

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I think I might be done after this Tour. Ranked isn't really fun anymore when everyone is running loadouts I can't possibly match because I started playing in 2022 and only had gold pass for most of 2023

I was in 4th, then I went to bed and woke up in 9th. So I painfully crawled my way up to 2nd. Then yesterday (not even 12 hours after getting to 2nd) I'm bumped allll the way down to 6th and I just... am not really enjoying it. It no longer feels like I can compete because I haven't been collecting HE drivers, tickets and rubies since the game launched but now I'm stuck in ranked forever with only the most hardcore long time players. I was 2 wins away from the Gold Mii and that's the goal I set, but now I'm 3 weeks away. After tonight I'll be 4 weeks away. That's 2 entire more Tours. That almost puts me into 2024 if I don't win every single one of them. I've never felt as behind in resources as I have since the loop began and now I just don't think I'll ever actually be able to catch up to people who have casual 8/8/8 loadouts and score 50k+ a track with like... Ice Flower characters, while my level 5 Coin Boxer can barely hit 40k at 2 CB frenzies

And with Wave 6 launching in 8DX with a ton of new Mii costumes, I just question why do I actually care this much about a recolored Mii costume when I can just go pick from like 50 Mii costumes in 8DX and play a "proper" Mario Kart with them? Now that I can freely pick ? Mii and Ice Cream Mii... like why bother with Gold Mii?

Like right now the only thing keeping me wanting to do the Animal Tour is that it lets me play as DK Jr in ranked lol

Last edited:

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I think I might be done after this Tour. Ranked is really fun anymore when everyone is running loadouts I can't possibly match because I started playing in 2022 and only had gold pass for most of 2023

I was in 4th, then I went to bed and woke up in 9th. So I painfully crawled my way up to 2nd. Then yesterday (not even 12 hours after getting to 2nd) I'm bumped allll the way down to 6th and I just... am not really enjoying it. It no longer feels like I can compete because I haven't been collecting HE drivers, tickets and rubies since the game launched but now I'm stuck in ranked forever with only the most hardcore long time players. I was 2 wins away from the Gold Mii and that's the goal I set, but now I'm 3 weeks away. After tonight I'll be 4 weeks away. That's 2 entire more Tours. That almost puts me into 2024 if I don't win every single one of them. I've never felt as behind in resources as I have since the loop began and now I just don't think I'll ever actually be able to catch up to people who have casual 8/8/8 loadouts and score 50k+ a track with like... Ice Flower characters, while my level 5 Coin Boxer can barely hit 40k at 2 CB frenzies

And with Wave 6 launching in 8DX with a ton of new Mii costumes, I just question why do I actually care this much about a recolored Mii costume when I can just go pick from like 50 Mii costumes in 8DX and play a "proper" Mario Kart with them? Now that I can freely pick ? Mii and Ice Cream Mii... like why bother with Gold Mii?

Like right now the only thing keeping me wanting to do the Animal Tour is that it lets me play as DK Jr in ranked lol
I'm almost where you are.

Currently Tier 76 and sitting "comfortably" in 2nd place. 3rd place is currently 5,000 points behind.

The game seems to be taking it easier on me compared to you. Everybody around me doesn't have 8/8/8 load outs. We're getting around 37,000 per course. My absolute record on a course is 47,000.

I know that the current ranked week is ending but if you've got Gold Mario then try him on Vancouver Velocity 3. You need to try and get 2 Coin Box CPU characters in the race so quit and try again. I hit 33,000 on that by mainly vacuuming the Coin Box coins.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The BCP credits theme is like the best send off Tour could ever have

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLspPbuHgj4

It's all Tour music set to a montage of various Tour courses with badges and stuff from Tour in the background. Like if the screenshots were right from Tour you'd swear the credits came from Tour itself

I think the Mario Kart devs have a soft spot for everything Tour accomplished

I mean it makes sense that the BCP, despite ostensibly bringing in many other games, ultimately focused on bringing stuff from Tour into MK8 would have a credits sequence based around all the new Tour courses (and aesthetics) rather than the misc other courses.

I'd also hope the developers who spent years working on 20 unique courses twice over between Tour and porting (& all the other stuff they did) would have a soft spot for their work!

I wonder if, when Tour pulls the plug for real, it might get a remix of these credits to play for one last good bye.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Thus starts my final week with Mario Kart Tour

Gold Pass expires next week

The loop has been awful. I had hopes it'd just be business as usual, just with repeated courses, but it's not been fun at all. I can't compete with the loadouts I've been up against in ranked. I have literally ranked down every single week since the loop started

It's easier to compete when everyone has junk loadouts for a new course, but now these players have years of characters built up while I just started in mid 2022 and have almost nothing higher than level 6, even fairly common HEs

I'm done. The game was fun when it was fun, but with 8DX now finished and full of content and Tour slowly crawling into the abyss, probably a good time to get out

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Managed to stay still during the last two weeks of ranked. Still at Rank Level 77. Missed out on getting to 78 by about 500 points.

What I'm finding is that you really have to grind on ranked from level 75 up. Like, play the game twice as much. Whereas previously I was swimming in Item Box tickets, I'm now down to my last 75 or so. Simply because of the more races and grinding that I'm doing to try and get a Top 3 position.

I need a Frenzy within the first lap of any course or I quit and retry. Without a Frenzy in lap one, your chance of getting a challenging score reduces significantly.

And…the computer AI (bots) are bullshit at Rank 75 plus too. I understand that the computer bots need to get better as you improve at the game but my goodness, they're brutal.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
And with today's daily done, I'm now done with Tour. GP ends in a few days, game is uninstalled

I really enjoyed my year and a half with the game, I wish it could have went on longer. Between 2022 and mid 2023 it really felt like the game was hitting its stride and I was having a blast. But it's not really fun anymore and I'm glad I got to end on a pretty fun rerun of a Tour I enjoyed last year

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are you guys jumping to do you have any other mobiles?

I've finally jumped to Duel Links now they added the new Rush Format so its still relatively fun and people aren't cheesing FTK and self destruction decks.

Ya'll should join me!