• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can add more people to the community friend code list. Just make sure to follow the format in the OP and tag me. :)

Is anyone else having trouble with the coin rush fever challenge? I can't get it to unlock, even though I've had multiple instances of it happening.

It isn't a typical coin fever in races. There's a separate minigame where you pay rubies to get over 800 coins for the shop. Click your coin count to play it.

Yoda

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
13 hours left, jumped all the way up to 2nd from 5th in my league! Currently sitting at 27,822... I don't think there's any way I can climb past 31,000.
AmLlkAB.png

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
OK one star left, and at this point my only hope to get it is the 5 Horn impact challenge I still haven't Cleared.
No way I pull the needed scores in the last 2 cups without the top tier drivers kart and gliders. This is just bait for making me spend money.

But the Horn won't spawn dammit.

Oct 25, 2017
OK one star left, and at this point my only hope to get it is the 5 Horn impact challenge I still haven't Cleared.
No way I pull the needed scores in the last 2 cups without the top tier drivers kart and gliders. This is just bait for making me spend money.

But the Horn won't spawn dammit.

Have you checked if you have star tickets?

I didn't realize I had 3 until I pressed the icon to use them on the gift box

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
That's it!

I'm giving up for this tour.

I've opened up all available presents. And I'm at second place in my Ranking with 27719. That'll do for today.

Oct 25, 2017
They only thing that I hope future Mario Karts take from this game is automatically using coins from item boxes.

I don't really like the points system or the combo system, they just frustrate me.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to try for a better score and accidentally got both daily challenges (& didn't even get extra score out of the deal). So much for saving a few easy stars for the new tour...

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
IS there a point to 200cc besides going faster?
200cc is basically coked up Mark Hanna in Wolf of Wall Street. Gotta push up those rookie numbers in the Weekly Rankings, gotta keep pushing them up
They only thing that I hope future Mario Karts take from this game is automatically using coins from item boxes.

I don't really like the points system or the combo system, they just frustrate me.
The 3 triple items have to stay for sure, and I disagree on the combos. Hyperfast combos along with a new mission mode for single player would give it the serious boost it needs, right now only multiplayer is worth it and for me that's not enough.

Oct 25, 2017
The 3 triple items have to stay for sure, and I disagree on the combos. Hyperfast combos along with a new mission mode for single player would give it the serious boost it needs, right now only multiplayer is worth it and for me that's not enough.

What frustrates me about the combo system is how a huge amount of it is based on random chance. I will play the exact same way and take he exact same route, but because of totally random things outside of my control, I'll get 100s or 1000s of points better than I did before.

It just becomes a matter of replaying the level until the stars align, more than it does developing actual game skills.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
What frustrates me about the combo system is how a huge amount of it is based on random chance. I will play the exact same way and take he exact same route, but because of totally random things outside of my control, I'll get 100s or 1000s of points better than I did before.

It just becomes a matter of replaying the level until the stars align, more than it does developing actual game skills.
Oh definitely, but that is also the controls fault partially. Sometimes you lose the combo right before the drift boost kicks in cause the kart wasn't steering too sharply or you hit the item box one second later then before, meaning you will not be able to string together the item usage. Successful drifting without going off road or hitting the invisible walls needs to be rewarded, as well as a small time extension when hitting an item box. These two will make it far more fairer and less luck based.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Question for y'all

Are you all trying to get 5 stars in every course?

I ask because my desire to 5 star everything is waning since I already unlocked all the gifts (thanks to the gold pass free trial and daily challenges).

All I'm focusing on is getting a better score in the toad cup

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Question for y'all

I ask because my desire to 5 star everything is waning since I already unlocked all the gifts (thanks to the gold pass free trial and daily challenges).

The last two cups having Super Rare favored drivers for a couple of the courses immediately killed my interest in 5 starring them. I managed to get all the gifts regardless, and the 500ish coins I'd get probably aren't worth the trouble.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Question for y'all

My main goal was getting all the presents. Still managed to 5 star everything aside from 3 tracks that needed high ends and Diddy.

Edit: Make that 2. Just had a lucky break on Reverse Bowser Castle. That makes 5 stars for everything in the Dry Bowser cup.

Last edited:

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
1929-6824-4624 my id.
Hope they add the multiplayer soon.
Btw what's the best track to do the 30 mini boost challenge? Yoshi circuit?

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I need one more friend
1929-6824-4624 my id.
Hope they add the multiplayer soon.
Btw what's the best track to do the 30 mini boost challenge? Yoshi circuit?

I added you, hope you don't mind

And yeah, I got it doing 50CC on Yoshi Curicut. Don't even bother trying to win, just focus on them boosts.

My friend code if anone want another buddy:

8647 0032 2034

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
My main goal was getting all the presents. Still managed to 5 star everything aside from 3 tracks that needed high ends and Diddy.

Edit: Make that 2. Just had a lucky break on Reverse Bowser Castle. That makes 5 stars for everything in the Dry Bowser cup.
Well done! Haha. In races like that my heart is pounding as I reach the finish line and finish the race, lol. Your head is always doing the math throughout the race; "Can I make it?" :P

I was at 6 remaining until after I managed to place first in the ranked cup. I just killed off two with 5 stars so I have 4 circuits left. I have Diddy so that one should be doable. We'll see if I have time to address the rest...

I wish that is was like the beta where you could see how many stars you've collected. I'm assuming you can't unless I've missed something.

Last edited:

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I need one more friend

I added you, hope you don't mind

And yeah, I got it doing 50CC on Yoshi Curicut. Don't even bother trying to win, just focus on them boosts.

My friend code if anone want another buddy:

8647 0032 2034
No problema. Just did it, the game kept giving me the bullet bill item so I had to try a couple of times. Only challenge I'm missing is the one with Mario.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get back to 8th in my pool. Crazy how competitive it's been compared to some of the others I've seen posted around. Gonna drop my ID in case anyone needs an extra friend: 2393-4336-9389

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So Wario and Kalimari Desert are coming tomorrow. That is in addition to Rosalina and SNES Rainbow Road.

Watch us still not get Luigi. lol

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
This game looks really good (to be a mobile game) the courses looks detailed enough to be translated easily into MK8D, I hope this is the case.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
2 for 2 so far with new content, hopefully the rest of the new tracks and drivers are as good. Speaking of which, across 8 games with 16 new tracks in each one, there roughly that is 128 track total in the series. That doubles to 256 tracks for reverse, 384 including trick variations, and goes up to 512 with RT tracks for the total of tracks that the game could eventually feature. Excluding the new tour tracks. At 48 tracks every two weeks, or 96 per month, we got what, less then 6 months to dtsrt seeing recycled content? I wonder how they are gonna give the game longevity because its gonna get stale fast for long term players.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if we're ever going to see tracks that aren't at all in Mario Kart 7. Every track revealed in trailers and such, to my knowledge, has either been a new track in Mario Kart 7 or one of that game's retro tracks.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rosie and Wario.

I'm glad I've saved up over 100 rubies.

I wonder if we're ever going to see tracks that aren't at all in Mario Kart 7. Every track revealed in trailers and such, to my knowledge, has either been a new track in Mario Kart 7 or one of that game's retro tracks.
Well Yoshi Circuit and Mario Circuit 1 aren't from 7. There's also9 Choco Island 2 from the beta. While there's a clear focus on MK7 for now, I imagine we'll see more and more trcks from other games over time.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Jesus fuck, from 9th place to 2th in one lucky round.

This is what the big scores are. Getting that lucky round. If you keep playing eventually you will get it (obviously also taking into account you have a great character, kart and glider set up). Getting 30,000+ is just a constant repetition and grind if you don't get lucky immediately.

I don't think I will put as much effort into future ranking events because it is a chore but I'd like to hold on to my first place for the next 5 hours.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder how the heck Kalimari Desert is supposed to work in this game. lol

There's no braking which is required to not hit the train, so do they just put a ramp in front of the train tracks to jump over it?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I can't do manual drift so I'll never reach those crazy scores but I don't mind.
They're keeping Luigi for his game coming on Halloween for sure.
yeah King Boo as the returning high end and Luigi as the returning super makes a lot of sense, alongside the poltergust kart and the Luigi Mansion track. And maybe we'll get Baby Luigi too? With another normal being added alongside Rosalina & Wario (one of the koopalings, probably).

Wonder if Rosa will be permanent. Pauline being temporary (well, I guess we'll see for sure tonight) makes some sense for the New York tie in. But Rosalina for Tokyo specifically seems wrong. And I think they'd need to add some permanent High Ends to the pool eventually; just having it be Dry Bowser, Metal mario & Peachette forever would be lame

I have to wonder how the heck Kalimari Desert is supposed to work in this game. lol

There's no braking which is required to not hit the train, so do they just put a ramp in front of the train tracks to jump over it?
From the beta, if you hit the train you get a jump boost

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Rosie and Wario.

I'm glad I've saved up over 100 rubies.

Well Yoshi Circuit and Mario Circuit 1 aren't from 7. There's also9 Choco Island 2 from the beta. While there's a clear focus on MK7 for now, I imagine we'll see more and more trcks from other games over time.

That's right. Those were in DS as retro tracks, IIRC, but as we've seen, my memory isn't exactly the sharpest. :)
Still, even just a starting selection of tracks from Mario Kart 7 and DS would be great.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yeah King Boo as the returning high end and Luigi as the returning super makes a lot of sense, alongside the poltergust kart and the Luigi Mansion track. And maybe we'll get Baby Luigi too? With another normal being added alongside Rosalina & Wario (one of the koopalings, probably).

Wonder if Rosa will be permanent. Pauline being temporary (well, I guess we'll see for sure tonight) makes some sense for the New York tie in. But Rosalina for Tokyo specifically seems wrong. And I think they'd need to add some permanent High Ends to the pool eventually; just having it be Dry Bowser, Metal mario & Peachette forever would be lame

From the beta, if you hit the train you get a jump boost

Oh that's an interesting twist! It changes the timing of the train from a risk to a potential reward.

Paine

Jan 6, 2018
Player ID: 0777-0316-5715
I'm really struggling with getting a better score on Shy Guy Bazaar for the Toad Cup, I have ~10,400 but I know I can get at least 12,000 given that I got that score with underleveled characters etc. It's a shame that a lot of the game relies on luck with Frenzies.