• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the answers everyone.

They really need a separate badge menu. Losing some when a tour is over is really, really dumb.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up spending 15 rubies on coin rush today in order to get Bowser Jr. I gotta keep my lead in the ranked cup!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, suddenly controls feel less responsive, I had a lot of trouble using my items.
Also there was some serious balance to disadvantage players, on 8th place I kept getting mushrooms despite not having a mushroom glider. And of course the bots that keep using their stuff on you this time instead against other bot, but that's since the start of the new tour + bot's Bowser shells being a disguised red shell that never misses.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
P.S. I'm surprised they haven't given out any launch gifts. The game has been really successful, but we're not being showered with free stuff! 💀

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Wario popped up in my shop today, but since he's not useful for any of the current courses I'm not sure if it's worth spending the coins on him.

Worst timeline.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
in my last attempt to fish for lightning in 6-8th place before my gold trial expires, i got three mushroom frenzies in a row

this game is actually evil.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I got 3 Lightnings in 3 races. *shrug*

MUCH easier than getting 3 Super Horns, honestly.
I'm having absolutely no luck and I'm even using the lightning oilpaper.

Super Horns are also evil since they're common enough to pop up in first place when nobody is willing to close the gap and end up wasted.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
in my last attempt to fish for lightning in 6-8th place before my gold trial expires, i got three mushroom frenzies in a row

this game is actually evil.
You can basically let the game run itself and just watch for lightning to appear.

I used the Neo Bowser City R course in the Bowser Jr. Cup. Set it to 200cc, and just let it auto drive itself. There are so many bends that you'll stay at the back of the pack. You can't miss any of the item boxes either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
P.S. I'm surprised they haven't given out any launch gifts. The game has been really successful, but we're not being showered with free stuff! 💀

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed that the game had this big of a launch and they didn't give us anything to celebrate. Like I'm wondering if they just threw that gift box in there as a "just in case" but have no actual plans of using it for now.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
You can basically let the game run itself and just watch for lightning to appear.

I used the Neo Bowser City R course in the Bowser Jr. Cup. Set it to 200cc, and just let it auto drive itself. There are so many bends that you'll stay at the back of the pack. You can't miss any of the item boxes either.
I tried this and somehow ended up in 2nd place the last couple races.

Which is cool I guess, but also kinda demoralizing

Birdseeding

Mar 13, 2018
Outside of the limitations of the control scheme, I'm really happy with the gameplay loop, specifically the combo system, T track versions and extra challenges (like bomb # goombas, etc). I mentioned it before, but I really hope they implement them into the main series because it's nice having that extra layer.

For me it really is the killer feature. I feel motivated to get high scores and to progress in a linear way, which I never did with the overwhelming choice of MK8DX.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that had trouble with the lightning. Even with the "let the game play itself and it'll happen eventually" method it still took a surprisingly long time.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I had 2 Lightning's naturally from playing. It took about 10 more races of staying last place before I got it again. Finally finished the tour and gold challenges though.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Finally finished the gold challenges, and just need to finish the super horn challenge for panel 1 to be done... but I'm not going to stress over that since there's no rubies.

Was hoping to get the Black Circuit before my trial expires, but it looks like that's going to end up just out of reach...

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
All the cups except the last 2 are 100%, I got dry Bowser and the ultra rare kart before my gold pass free trial expires, first on the ranked cup (but it shouldn't last long, I don't have killer scores and it's tier 7) next days should be calm...

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot-20191011-151615-Mario-Kart.jpg

So that second Tokyo track we had seen in pre-release footage seems to be an extension of Tokyo Blur.

From my screenshot you can see a road that takes you past a building with "Mario Kart" on it on the left.

This matches up exactly with the same building from this pre-release screenshot of the unidentified Tokyo course. (At first we thought this was a 2nd unique track)

EFn6o-zWsAEkdZX

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Screenshot-20191011-151615-Mario-Kart.jpg

So that second Tokyo track we had seen in pre-release footage seems to be an extension of Tokyo Blur.

From my screenshot you can see a road that takes you past a building with "Mario Kart" on it on the left.

This matches up exactly with the same building from this pre-release screenshot of the unidentified Tokyo course. (At first we thought this was a 2nd unique track)

EFn6o-zWsAEkdZX
This was kind of my suspicion. New York Minute and Tokyo Blur both have similar roadblocks guiding you to a specific part of the track, and it seemed designed such that they could change it up every few tours.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was kind of my suspicion. New York Minute and Tokyo Blur both have similar roadblocks guiding you to a specific part of the track, and it seemed designed such that they could change it up every few tours.

Right. It seems to be an attempt to keep the courses feeling new as they reuse them. I am hoping that eventually we get to a version of these courses that feel like "true" Mario Kart courses rather than every variation being a short, alternate version of it.

Also for New York, we didn't know for sure that this screenshot was a part of New York Minute, but given the situation with Tokyo Blur I'm guessing this is just an alternate path on that course that leads to the view of the Statue of Liberty.

EFn6oaQWoAAyld3

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Another 10 pull, got NOTHING. I will only have one more pull, I swear if I don't get Kimono Peach I will delete this game. From the first trailer I knew I had to get her and it's so frustrating to just see so many rubies go to waste for shitty rolls.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This game is really stingy with gems. Kinda sucks because your progress is entirely dependent on your draws.

On top of that, I saved up for my first 10x draw, and 7/10 of them were duplicates (even though I'd only drawn a small handful of times before). Is there that little content? Maybe that's why they're show stingy?

Oct 25, 2017
I've had some weak luck with my draws too but the shop has been good to me. I'm going to start spending my gems on coin rush after Kimono Peach is rotated out and see how far that'll take me without a gold pass.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
My last pull.

My best one contained skeleton bowser. I don't think I've had great pulls so far but done well enough not to have to spent any gold coins till this week stay no.1 in the weekly ranking.

I think I will probably drop the sub and only get it again if I have a moment if madness and find myself wanting a particular character. I'm enjoying the game, shallow tho it is, it was kind of the perfect level for keeping me distracted while I was waiting at the hospital for various tests and results.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Blur in Baby Rosalina cup is the worst non-final cup one to 5 stars yet

68d0138c-1501-435d-83qqjsh.png

No double items characters so you have to rely on sheer luck, hopefully next cup won't be as blatant P2W
Still need Lakitu or Morton for a challenge, hopefully there'll be one in the shop before the end of the tour.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm surprised that i've been enjoying this as much as I have; thought i'd end up dropping it after another tour or two, but since i'm able to ignore most of the P2W stuff and not really care about getting everything in every tour, it's been fun so far.

Looking forward to the next tour (Paris, probably). They've clearly been saving the final four characters from the Beta (Luigi, Baby Luigi, Waluigi and King Boo) for a Luigi's Mansion 3 cross-promotion, which will also bring along two tracks i'm pretty excited for: Luigi's Mansion and Waluigi Pinball. After that, I guess new characters will be more sparring and we'll just get new variants every tour.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Blur in Baby Rosalina cup is the worst non-final cup one to 5 stars yet

68d0138c-1501-435d-83qqjsh.png

No double items characters so you have to rely on sheer luck, hopefully next cup won't be as blatant P2W
Still need Lakitu or Morton for a challenge, hopefully there'll be one in the shop before the end of the tour.
Try 150 cc instead of 200, most of the time you get more points and it's a bit easier, I got 5471 points on my first try on this one with a double item character (got coins most of the time though).

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Tokyo Blur R/T in Wario Cup is worse, if only because I ended up not grabbing Wario yesterday and now I'm stuck using Baby Daisy. I hate that stupid bubble.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have yet to pull any spotlight items at all. Or any high end at all. That's since the game launched. The only high-end anything I have is stuff that came in the star box progression gifts. 😒

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just saved up for my second 10x pull. It was 6/10 duplicates, again despite having very little in my inventory.

I did get a high end Peachette... which was a duplicate of my only other high end pull, Peachette. This gacha sucks.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I'm broke but my bae Rosalina appeared in the shop today. I'm thinking about playing Coin Rush so I can get the coins to buy her, I mean, If I use those coins for three pulls instead I'll surely get duplicates, but Idk... rubies are getting too valued now :/

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did math on how many rubies I have left between prize boxes, current challenge boards, and log in bonuses... I'm not pleased. Not even enough for a single 10 pull.

The first tour felt much more generous between log-in bonuses and how quickly they were given out on challenges. They absolutely need to change this. Like most of Nintendo's audience already sees this game as greedy AF, and it's really bad when even the people who stuck with the game start getting sick of it.

Edit: Oh and stop giving coins on level up bonuses, sheesh. We only get rubies on significant milestones like reaching level 20.

Last edited:

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've somehow been able to get all the stars from each cup outside the last two (which are still locked away) without paying a single cent.

And yet, I still haven't been able to get a single Super Horn throughout all my races. -_-