• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I did math on how many rubies I have left between prize boxes, current challenge boards, and log in bonuses... I'm not pleased. Not even enough for a single 10 pull.

The first tour felt much more generous between log-in bonuses and how quickly they were given out on challenges. They absolutely need to change this. Like most of Nintendo's audience already sees this game as greedy AF, and it's really bad when even the people who stuck with the game start getting sick of it.

Edit: Oh and stop giving coins on level up bonuses, sheesh. We only get rubies on significant milestones like reaching level 20.
Or at least give more skill level up tickets. At least then you can pretend you pulled a dupe. Those things are so needlessly rare for the amount of dupes you need to reach higher skill level 3 much less anything higher

With 2 very successful gachas under their belt (DL, FEH) you'd think they would see that and adjust accordingly. FEh often only gives an orb at a time, but there's almost always a lot of overlap either between multiple log in bonuses going on at once, events or a bunch of quests with orbs. It'll add up fast. And meanwhile I know that DL just barfs currencies at you constantly.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
This game is getting frustrating for me, more pulls and worthless dupes or silver pulls. No gold, no high-end. 50 pulls on the Kimono banner and no Kimono Peach. I'll only have 4 or 5 more pulls, pray for me guys.

Also, getting stars and rubies are so much harder this tour, why is Nintendo doing this? I'm almost quitting the game for that.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This game is getting frustrating for me, more pulls and worthless dupes or silver pulls. No gold, no high-end. 50 pulls on the Kimono banner and no Kimono Peach. I'll only have 4 or 5 more pulls, pray for me guys.

Also, getting stars and rubies are so much harder this tour, why is Nintendo doing this? I'm almost quitting the game for that.
Good luck on future pulls. Speaking as someone who fell down the rabbit hole on gatcha pulls in other mobile games, just keep in mind that no matter what happens you need to realize that these games are built to fuck us over. If you're deep in the hole there's no shame in quitting and never looking back. It feels good to get what we want out of the random bullshit but the feeling of loss is awful.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I've found the stars way easier to get this go around than last tour, honestly. Coming into this with a level 15 bonus and an assortment of leveled up drivesr, karts & gliders makes everything 90% easier even without gacha/shop luck.

rubies, well, not surprised. We had the 1-1 & 2-1 challenges to flesh things out, we had a launch tour bonus of 5 rubies every day and I assume for similar reasosn the first tour had more rubies over all (I havent run the numbers). Now we're not in the launch period and most of us have finished 1-1 & 2-1 and probably wrapping up 1-2/2-2 which are designed to be part of a full life span of the game with its future long term quests

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck on future pulls. Speaking as someone who fell down the rabbit hole on gatcha pulls in other mobile games, just keep in mind that no matter what happens you need to realize that these games are built to fuck us over. If you're deep in the hole there's no shame in quitting and never looking back. It feels good to get what we want out of the random bullshit but the feeling of loss is awful.
Yeah Gacha can be savage, also one reason I only pull for favorite or when something is meta (most effective tactic available)
It helped me well on the Final Fantasy gacha game and now I can pull whenever and still have a huge stash. Only the first few weeks/months are pretty bad.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK

I've been a bit more fortunate. 31 pulls on the current banner and I've got Kimono Peach and the Quickshaw. Still haven't got my guy, Hakama Mario yet though.

You're right though. The game is so much harder this time around and Ruby's are scarce.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
My boy Bowser Jr popped up in the store today and I had to do an unwanted coin rush to get to 3k. But with him I got my ranked score up to 20,552 which I hope will keep me in the lead until Wednesday.

Ranked mode is like No Child Left Behind. The better gear you have allows you to do better, get more gems, and get even better gear. If you have less gear, you can't get as many points, don't get as many rewards, and continue to not improve. Great system!

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think the next tour is gonna determine if I stick around with this or not. I don't need it to be raining gems or anything but if the grind doesn't really improve or gets worse on top of them adding more required pulls to the pipe mix its gonna be really hard to justify playing this without paying and a whale I am not.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Are gold pass reward award retroactively if I purchase it at the end of the tour? (already finish gold challenge and got dry browser, but the trial will run out soon)

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Are gold pass reward award retroactively if I purchase it at the end of the tour? (already finish gold challenge and got dry browser, but the trial will run out soon)
Yes. As long as the tour and the pass are both active at the same time, you'll get any gold pass tour gifts you've already qualified for.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think the next tour is gonna determine if I stick around with this or not. I don't need it to be raining gems or anything but if the grind doesn't really improve or gets worse on top of them adding more required pulls to the pipe mix its gonna be really hard to justify playing this without paying and a whale I am not.
if I had to guess, despite my raised eye brow at suddenly adding 12 permanent characters to the pool, the next couple of tours are set in stone and any changes (if they were goign to make any at all) to the game like increasing rubies or whatever, wont be implemented until after that.

There's a definite dev time delay on these things, even in the "good" gachas

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
People have began posting some of the data mined assets online, and I found some hints of potential upcoming characters.

Birdo's symbol has been found in the files, as well as Pink Gold Peach's Pipe Frame Kart and Super Glider. Gold Mario's Pipe Frame Kart was also found, which may indicate he'll become regularly usable in the future.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I'm curious how multiplayer will factor into this and if that will be another mode where you can grind for coins, rubies and experience points for the driver, kart, and glider. That would certainly help alleviate some of the issues with Tour if they used the multiplayer as another avenue for grinding.

Here's some roster prediction stuff. Give me yalls thoughts!!

NORMAL

vets

- Paratroopa

Newcomers
- Any generic Mario enemy
- Spewart
- Rango
- Topper
- Harriet
- Sprixie (Can even make separate colors)
- Baby Wario
- Baby Waluigi
- Noki
- Pianti
- Nabbit
- Tostarone
- Whittle
- Glydon

- Boom Boom
- Pom Pom

Super

Vets

- Birdo
- Wiggler
- Waluigi
- King Boo
- Honey Queen

Newcomers
- Madame Broode
- Cappy
- Tiara
- Dixie Kong
- Professor E. Gadd
- Kamek
- Cranky Kong

High End/Spotlight

Vets

- Funky Kong
- Petey Piranha
- ROB
- Pink Gold Peach
- Toadsworth
- Cat Peach
- Tanooki Mario

Newcomers

- Any New alt costume I guess
- King Bob-omb
- Gooigi
- Cosmic Spirit (That Rosalina looking guide from Galaxy 2)
- any other Metal variant they add
- Meowser
- Shadow Mario

Im assuming they want to pad out the lower stuff. So I put less unique newcomers at high end despite Pauline so idk. Bumped King Boo down given what they did with Rosalina, so I made some other unconfirmed vets follow suit. Funky though I could see being Dry Bowser tier as they were the two hardest unlocks in MKW.

Petey im 50/50 on
I think that's overall really good. Although I'm not sure how heavy they will lean into Odyssey. They may as well bring back all vets including Toadsworth from DD, whom tends to get overlooked. I threw out a ton of suggestions in bold that I dont see happening but I could see some of my suggestions possibly making it.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is likely we could get more veterans next wave than just Luigi, Baby Luigi, Waluigi, and King Boo. Pink Gold Peach in particular feels plausible to me. Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach I can see them waiting on though just to space out the high ends and Mario/Peach variants. It makes sense to put them out as we get to Tours that don't have Mario and Peach as spotlight characters. lol

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Wondering if they are gonna reduce the number of characters added in the next tours, I can't see them keep adding 10 new characters every two weeks, they will have all the veterans in like 3 months... The good thing is that they will have models and animations ready to be added into the next console Mario Kart <3

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm done playing until the next tour (Paris? London?), and even then I'm probably just going to cash in my gems for a 10 pull and just go through the regular races without any concern for stars or challenges.

Edit: Going back to MK7 on 3DS is a massive step back, and not just graphically. There are so many QoL improvements in 8D/Tour.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I've saved enough rubies for a ten-pull, but I think I'm gonna wait until the Japan-themed outfit Mario is in the mix. Don't really care about pulling Peach of any style.

Oct 25, 2017
Crap! I forgot to cancel the gold pass sub after the free trial.

Well at least it'll last for the next two tours. I'll be sure to cancel then.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
The lightning challenge is grinding my gears now to the point where I'm only surprised there's no MTX to buy lightning. I've never gone this long without getting any.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'm curious how multiplayer will factor into this and if that will be another mode where you can grind for coins, rubies and experience points for the driver, kart, and glider. That would certainly help alleviate some of the issues with Tour if they used the multiplayer as another avenue for grinding.

I think that's overall really good. Although I'm not sure how heavy they will lean into Odyssey. They may as well bring back all vets including Toadsworth from DD, whom tends to get overlooked. I threw out a ton of suggestions in bold that I dont see happening but I could see some of my suggestions possibly making it.
Toadsworth wasn't playable in DD.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the last two cups and nabbed a ton of tour gifts. Now I wait for the next challenge board to pop up to grab the last three gifts, since there's no way I'm earning the 5th stars in the Peachette cup.

Not sure if this is just a case of my characters having higher stats this go around, but getting the 4th stars was far less painful than in the NY Tour for me.

Last edited:

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Before they add any new tours, Nintendo needs to add a report/block function for usernames. Getting ridiculous now.

Looking at you, LaterBitch.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Not much of a surprise given Luigi's absence, but there is a Halloween event coming. Question is if this will be an actual "tour" or just new content added to normal rotation.

I'm leaning towards this being the next tour after Tokyo, then Paris coming in November after the Halloween event ends.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Before they add any new tours, Nintendo needs to add a report/block function for usernames. Getting ridiculous now.

Looking at you, LaterBitch.
For real. I saw "Fetus Puncher" last week. I mean look, I can take bad language or inappropriate phrases. I swear all the time and say things with friends I would never say in public. But seriously, why do people feel the need to be such assholes/creeps when it comes to handles in online games?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Halloween event should be fun. If it's an entire tour then I'm guessing one of the spotlights will be Zombie Mario from Odyssey.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Halloween event should be fun. If it's an entire tour then I'm guessing one of the spotlights will be Zombie Mario from Odyssey.

I hope Mario being a spotlight character every tour doesn't become a pattern. lol

Halloween has a lot of potential for new drivers too. Gooigi and E. Gadd for LM3 promotion, or even Cappy and Tiara.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Mario being a spotlight character every tour doesn't become a pattern. lol
Same, but you gotta admit it'd be a perfect fit for a Halloween tour spotlight. I'd go with him and Gooigi as spotlights, with Boo (normal), Luigi (Super), E. Gadd (Super), and King Boo (high end) being added to the regular pool. That'd be a good amount of characters while also not being too difficult to keep up with IMO.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
If E. Gadd or LM King Boy or Gooigi isn't the spotlight for a Halloween event ill be upset. I fear Mario will constantly be in the spotlight with a new set of cloths which would be unfortunate.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The lightning challenge is grinding my gears now to the point where I'm only surprised there's no MTX to buy lightning. I've never gone this long without getting any.
I got it using Bowser Jr on Neo Bowser City since it's easy to stay in 8th on that track. Got lucky and got a Lightning Frenzy on one of my first attempts. Didn't have any of the Lightning boosting gear either.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Might pull a bit next tour, I didn't do a single pipe since the tutorial ones, coins help a lot but I need a diverse roster. Just bought Lakitu for the last gold challenge, I'm at 1.4k coins left.
Hopefully they're not going to add another 10+ characters haha.

maddieJ

Oct 27, 2017
South Portland, ME
All current tours complete and in first on 5th tier ranking (despite only having 3 item characters in 1 of 3 courses). Finding this tour easier than New York, though I don't expect it to last. Except for the Tokyo course. I was struggling getting good combos going there. I'm sure next week I'll be struggling even more to complete the tours and keep a decent ranking.

ID: 7305-6307-9976

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
All current tours complete and in first on 5th tier ranking (despite only having 3 item characters in 1 of 3 courses). Finding this tour easier than New York, though I don't expect it to last. Except for the Tokyo course. I was struggling getting good combos going there. I'm sure next week I'll be struggling even more to complete the tours and keep a decent ranking.

ID: 7305-6307-9976
Just added you.

My ID for other ERA-members: 8251 3399 6932
Looking forward to race you when online play drops.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Might pull a bit next tour, I didn't do a single pipe since the tutorial ones, coins help a lot but I need a diverse roster. Just bought Lakitu for the last gold challenge, I'm at 1.4k coins left.
Hopefully they're not going to add another 10+ characters haha.
Tokyo Blur is kinda BS since most of the stuff that's favored for the track is high end.

Fortunately that's made the ranking on it pretty easy to stay on top of, since you're unlikely to end up in a bracket with a bunch of those.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Blur is kinda BS since most of the stuff that's favored for the track is high end.

Fortunately that's made the ranking on it pretty easy to stay on top of, since you're unlikely to end up in a bracket with a bunch of those.
Yeah I agree, Tokyo Blur are the hardest tracks to get all 5 stars, but at least I did complete everything, only the last 2 cup unlocking tomorrow to do, I won't have problems to get all rewards.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah Tokyo Blur is a pain because it's so short that there's little time to get a combo going, and it favors high ends.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
I was going to pass on Wendy in the shop. Then I remembered they could make a challenge requiring a character with a bow on their head in the the future and only two of those exists. That's a full set of koopalings now, too.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So about Super Horns... I dunno if this is actually true or not but I think you're actually more likely to get those if you remain in 1st place with a 2-item character. I literally just got 3 in two races as Yoshi on Yoshi Circuit R, and this after trying to get those for like 3 hours straight (to no avail, I must add) using 3-item characters while trying to remain in 2nd/3rd place.

It seems to me that you are likelier to get rare items the fewer item slots you have. Maybe that's Nintendo's way of balancing the different item counts each character can have on a given course?

I think it also helps to choose a character that cannot get their unique item in 1st, with a glider that boosts an item that you also cannot get in 1st.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Managed to get a 4th star on the Tokyo track in the Peachette cup for one more gift. Still trying to figure out how to break 10k on Rainbow Road. Even with Lemmy that seems near impossible.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The game is still pissing me off, but keeping manual drift on for the majority of the track is working. All the new stuff mandates its usage for long combo strings and coasting by to gain a positive position and the new trick versions of last weeks courses are really good with manual drift. Still too fucking hard but at least I'm raking in the grand stars.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really get this game. Are we racing against real people? The usernames seem to indicate so. But I usually end up in 1st or 2nd at 150cc. It seems too easy? Many racers hold onto items far longer than human players would. I have finished 12 cups so far and have never not gotten 5 grand stars at the end of a race. I've seen a lot of complaining about the game online and feel like I am either missing something or am going to soon hit some impossible difficulty spike to trap me into spending real money.