• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Damn y'all. I'm only sitting on 23K this cup since I lack anything for Tokyo Blur and don't wanna try pulling till the next tour. Had no motivation to try and improve my scores since I placed into 1st at the beginning and no one seems to be making an attempt to climb.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
How are you guys cranking out such high scores? I'm sitting at like 20k right now and see no way of getting it much higher. Doesn't help I don't have peach but still - on the other two I have tier 1 for everything and only have 7500 on each.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
How are you guys cranking out such high scores? I'm sitting at like 20k right now and see no way of getting it much higher. Doesn't help I don't have peach but still - on the other two I have tier 1 for everything and only have 7500 on each.
23,5k and I got it thanks to 2 frenzies on each track, of course not on the Tokyo Blur since it's gacha only.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
23,5k and I got it thanks to 2 frenzies on each track, of course not on the Tokyo Blur since it's gacha only.
Same happened to me on those other two tracks too - 2 frenzies on each. And when I get them I spam the crap out of them. Still only sitting at 7500 and 8000 respectively. Feel like I'm doing something wrong. Haha.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Same happened to me on those other two tracks too - 2 frenzies on each. And when I get them I spam the crap out of them. Still only sitting at 7500 and 8000 respectively. Feel like I'm doing something wrong. Haha.
Maybe, I'm not using manual control, I aim for the coins and try to finish 1st lap 1st.
It's really easy for the AI to screw you up though.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, I'm not using manual control, I aim for the coins and try to finish 1st lap 1st.
It's really easy for the AI to screw you up though.
Aim for combos. Getting a good chain up to like 70's to even the 90's is amazing and will help you get like 4600k of you finish in first. Best I have gotten Atlease

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Lv 3 Peach Kimono at 800, Lv2 cart at 400, Lv 3 Glider at 400. (burned tickets I had from last cup for this)

2 frenzies, and lots of combos at 200cc. Got Banana frenzy with AI tripping a lot and then Coin Frenzy at the end of 2nd lap.

I pulled Peach Kimono last spotlight, and this spotlight she was the High End I got, plus the ticket from the last gift box.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got the game two days ago, took some getting used to, but I like the game. Honestly I think its weird how much backlash it got, its Mario kart on phones and it works better than I expected it to do, its a fun little time waster and its engaging to go for highscores.

Have any of you guys spend any money on it? I got the golden pass (I am cancelling it before the two weeks are up), so I wonder if the golden thingy where you get more coins is worth it or I should just save the gems for pulls.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Halloween Tour confirmed!! I'm very excited now to see if we get a new track, perhaps based on LM3. Having DS Luigi's Mansion as the featured one would be a bit of a bummer.

The Paris Tour and its food themed spotlights should line up nicely around Thanksgiving time too.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I finally got the game two days ago, took some getting used to, but I like the game. Honestly I think its weird how much backlash it got, its Mario kart on phones and it works better than I expected it to do, its a fun little time waster and its engaging to go for highscores.

Have any of you guys spend any money on it? I got the golden pass (I am cancelling it before the two weeks are up), so I wonder if the golden thingy where you get more coins is worth it or I should just save the gems for pulls.
Save ur gems for the next tour, then spend them in pipe pulls to hopefully get a good amount of diferent characters, karts and gliders. If ur lucky u get some high-ends as well. Once you have a good collection, i think is better purchasing stuff in the daily shop with coins for selected items.

I hate the monetization in this game, but the game itself is quite enjoyable if ur not obcessed with getting everething in it. Gameplay is fun, good tracks and visuals.

I also let my gold pass trial expire and im now 100% F2P.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
I'm at 23.7k but I think I've got a little steam left. I was using my Lv 1 Yoshi until I realized that my Lv 2 Mario was accumulating points quite a bit better even without frenzying. My top Yoshi Circuit score using my Lv 1 Yoshi was at ~7.9k and I was struggling to hit or break 8k. With my Lv 2 Mario I've already hit ~8.5k and that's with one frenzy. I know that if I luck into at least a second frenzy with Mario, I can beat that.

What this has proved to me is that leveling up your drivers (and probably karts/gliders) if very important.

Now that the Halloween tour is confirmed, I'm definitely saving my rubies unless someone starts to nip at my heals in the rankings. I feel safe-ish with a 3k lead but, all of these much higher scores posted here make me nervous, lol.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Save ur gems for the next tour, then spend them in pipe pulls to hopefully get a good amount of diferent characters, karts and gliders. If ur lucky u get some high-ends as well. Once you have a good collection, i think is better purchasing stuff in the daily shop with coins for selected items.

I hate the monetization in this game, but the game itself is quite enjoyable if ur not obcessed with getting everething in it. Gameplay is fun, good tracks and visuals.

I also let my gold pass trial expire and im now 100% F2P.
Thanks! I love Luigi so I will.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Lv 3 Peach Kimono at 800, Lv2 cart at 400, Lv 3 Glider at 400. (burned tickets I had from last cup for this)

2 frenzies, and lots of combos at 200cc. Got Banana frenzy with AI tripping a lot and then Coin Frenzy at the end of 2nd lap.

I pulled Peach Kimono last spotlight, and this spotlight she was the High End I got, plus the ticket from the last gift box.
Level 3 Kimono Peach, wow that sounds like you got some good pulls besides using the high end skill tickets.

Looks like the next tour isn't paris after all

I wonder if its gonna actually have an Egyptian Pyramids track considering their is a pyramid on the title screen. You know, mummies and halloween and all that.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
So now that we know that it's a Halloween tour, I wonder how they're gonna handle spotlight racers and gear. Many gachas have holiday exclusive pulls that only appear during a certain time of year, but will that work for a game like this? Having characters in particular gone for that long seems like it could cause some issues.

And will there be tracks that are only available during holidays?

I basically just want to know everything right now.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Waluigi will be the highlighted character of the Paris season.
The French classe.

I could actually see this working for that

tumblr_p5am6ytFcy1rrftcdo1_500.gifv

Fucking dripping with class

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Probably missed the boat on the rush of friend-adding, but I'll need 3 just to get that challenge.
  • ResetERA Username: Oxx
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: Oxxoxx
  • Friend-Code: 1435-4478-1827
Gartooth

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
2 days left for my gold trial but I used my 7 tickets/8 to grab the last reward and cancel it.
Might resub in 2 weeks for maximum efficiency but I'll see.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I don't know how you guys are getting 25k+. I feel like I've squeezed all I can out of my current inventory and shit luck, and I'm still sitting at just under 20k.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I'm at 20 600, and I've been trying to improve my score for the last 2 days without success. Still 2nd though.
I can't do better than 5500 on Tokyo, I don't have the tier 1 driver, kart and glider and this course is so shitty and empty I can't combo anything...

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Content release is way too slow. Waiting for new cups is not good for my motivation to keep playing the game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I cannot believe some of the 25k+ numbers I'm reading on the cup rankings in this thread, nor can I believe some of the levels. Personally I'm at driver level 19 and about 20k on the cup ranking and I thought I played pretty frequently. At least a hour every night. Whoever is hitting those high of numbers must have repeated those cup races over and over again like mad. There's no way I have that determination to keep up on the leader boards for this.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Currently sitting at 27.4k struggling on Tokyo blur R with only 6.6k as I have no tier 1 gear for that. Got 9.1k and 11.6k on the others.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This is my current score, there is F2P players and no ruby spent players like me :p

375433af-5f44-4eb4-a4hzjms.png
399c1de6-ef12-46cf-a6w2kg1.png

Will have to use some next Tour I feel like, plus I kinda want King Boo.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Yo, Nintendo! So, about that username report/block patch...

I think we've reached the point where you need to go ahead and release that now.

Nothing personal there, "Viva Labias."

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Things are getting pretty lean for me at this point in the tour.

I'm 100% F2P and I'm waiting for the next tour to start my Gold Pass free trial. I also started late so I missed virtually everything from the first tour (I had downloaded the app but only turned it on once or twice).

I have about 10 stars left spread across an assortment of ranks but, AFAIK, I've basically done everything I can with my current drivers/equipment.

I have 43 rubies and a daily reward of rubies tomorrow, so I'm trying to decide if I should spend for the 10x pulls tomorrow. If I do it tomorrow, I should hopefully be able to complete the remaining stars on this tour. If I wait, I should be able to get a great start on the Halloween tour. I'm already doing the Gold Pass free trial once the new tour starts, so it might be overkill to save those rubies.

Much thanks if anyone has any advice for beginners that I might be missing.

This is my current score, there is F2P players and no ruby spent players like me :p

375433af-5f44-4eb4-a4hzjms.png
399c1de6-ef12-46cf-a6w2kg1.png

Will have to use some next Tour I feel like, plus I kinda want King Boo.

Man, I can't even conceive of how you got this far without spending rubies. If there any reason you are saving them? Or do you just want to have them on hand for future tours?

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Finally won the vs. dry bowser race. I kept getting taken over by everyone 2 seconds before i got to the finish line. Got "lucky" when I red shelled Bowser on the last turn. I ran a fair amount of the race pretty badly as well.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Things are getting pretty lean for me at this point in the tour.

I'm 100% F2P and I'm waiting for the next tour to start my Gold Pass free trial. I also started late so I missed virtually everything from the first tour (I had downloaded the app but only turned it on once or twice).

I have about 10 stars left spread across an assortment of ranks but, AFAIK, I've basically done everything I can with my current drivers/equipment.

I have 43 rubies and a daily reward of rubies tomorrow, so I'm trying to decide if I should spend for the 10x pulls tomorrow. If I do it tomorrow, I should hopefully be able to complete the remaining stars on this tour. If I wait, I should be able to get a great start on the Halloween tour. I'm already doing the Gold Pass free trial once the new tour starts, so it might be overkill to save those rubies.

Much thanks if anyone has any advice for beginners that I might be missing.

Man, I can't even conceive of how you got this far without spending rubies. If there any reason you are saving them? Or do you just want to have them on hand for future tours?
Wait until late in the next tour to start your gold pass so that you can use it across two tours rather than one.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just a hoarder and only looking for favorites, but it's nice to see how you can do with only relying on the coin shop.
I'll start to have a lot of trouble on leagues if I don't start to pull soon.
I hope Halloween week 1 spotlight will be a nice one.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to clear that Morton challenge right before my Gold trial ran out. Big Banana Frenzy racks up such a huge combo it's wild.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

King Boo confirmed, alongside a new spooky landship kart and one of the SNES ghost house tracks

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Must admit I'm feeling anxious about this next tour. I'm hoping we get all new characters, but their current info rollout makes this feel like the Halloween event was cobbled together last minute by assorting content from previous MK games. (Luigi and King Boo for main racers, DS Luigi's Mansion as featured track)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
King Boo has also been announced on Twitter for the Halloween tour.

Must admit I'm feeling anxious about this next tour. I'm hoping we get all new characters, but their current info rollout makes this feel like the Halloween event was cobbled together last minute by assorting content from previous MK games. (Luigi and King Boo for main racers, DS Luigi's Mansion as featured track)
Considering Luigi was intentionally left out from day 1, I am guessing the Halloween tour was always in the cards. There may/may not be a new course to go with it but I think that's fine. The focus for new courses seems to be real world major cities, so spacing those out with other general themed Tours makes sense.

And I would be shocked if we didn't get halloween costume variants of characters as spotlights.