• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Managed to get all the grand stars in all the cups for the first time thanks to King Boo and lucky 7 being so common. Guess I can hold off on buying new characters for a while.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I found this here https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioKartT..._friend_gave_me_some_screenshots_of_an_early/
And dataminer said those are actually in the game's code.
Regular high-end characters can be in the shop, yes. Only spotlights are pipe exclusive.
Will be interesting if they switch back to Metal Mario for the Gold Pass one or the new character.
Another dataminer there says they aren't
Nabbit's icon has been in the game since launch because he's on that badge (same with Honey Queen & Birdo) but so far as I know there's no indication that the item or other 2 characters are referenced

also MKT fakes are probably pretty easy to throw together relative to other games. Almost all artwork is stock art (I think Baby Rosalina & LM King Boo the only existing, non-alt characters with a new render?) and Paris Prominade already had its name known and plenty of clean shots of the stage to put a fake together. The grab bag is probably the hardest thing, but there's plenty of ways to get that (assets from NSMBU, DX, Smash Bros...)

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Been having a lot of fun with this game. Actually just got Halloween Rosalina, don't think I've gotten a spotlight character yet. Super happy about this one. Assuming Luigi will be available outside of the $20 purchase the next tour?

Feel free to add me!

8352-7006-7632

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
40 pulls on this banner and not a single super rare driver yet :(

should finish in first place for the tourney this week, so combine that with the rest of the bonus chests, login bonus and maybe a few challenges and I should have enough for one last 10 pull.

i don't even give a shit about rosalina, I'm just pulling more so I can get some super rare driver at this point since its more likely than the king boo banner now.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
24 hours to go until I unleash my 70 pulls for King Boo.

Bring it.

My current selection has definitely suffered from holding out this long for a spotlight I wanted haha. Though here's hoping I get him early and can hold onto some rubies for Chef Shy Guy in the Paris Tour. He was who I was initially saving for before the Halloween curveball.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Welp. Just spent the rest of my rubies and got jack shit.

Deleting this piece of crap cash grab. I can't believe I was foolish enough to spend money on yet another gatcha. I need to stay away from these gambling games.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Second place is really close to me in the ranking, time to grind that cup! I'm glad I bought another thunder umbrella to level up the item so would be easier to hit a higher score in Kalamari Desert, those Morton's big banana frenzies are soooo god for combos.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Second place is really close to me in the ranking, time to grind that cup! I'm glad I bought another thunder umbrella to level up the item so would be easier to hit a higher score in Kalamari Desert, those Morton's big banana frenzies are soooo god for combos.
It's been confirmed that everyone has different groups, so the person that is 'right behind you' for you might be in a comfortable first place in their game.

I'm in first by 17 points haha, but the guys behind me haven't really changed their score for the past few days so I'm not too concerned.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
It's been confirmed that everyone has different groups, so the person that is 'right behind you' for you might be in a comfortable first place in their game.

I'm in first by 17 points haha, but the guys behind me haven't really changed their score for the past few days so I'm not too concerned.

I know, but he has been grinding a lot and improving his score, maybe his group is hard and he wants to be in first place... so I need to be prepared cause I want to get the most rubies I cant get :P

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
I'm never gonna get the 5 Bob-ombs challenge...
This is how I feel right now. I'm pretty sure I get 2-3 total but have rarely if ever hit more than one opponent with the same bomb.

I also have to flatten one more opponent. That challenge has not been fun either.

Still waiting on Luigi to show up in my shop. Maybe I'll get him in one of my 10 pulls for King Boo LM on the next pipe.
Managed to get all the grand stars in all the cups for the first time thanks to King Boo and lucky 7 being so common. Guess I can hold off on buying new characters for a while.
I'm only missing one for Luigi's Mansion T. The last two cups seem less demanding point wise this tour.

I have the itch to sub to gold pass just to get Peachette but I've been first each week in the ranking without spending a dime thus far. I will be missing out on a lot of rubies and tickets too. I keep trying to decide if I really enjoy the game or if I'm just playing endlessly without any real goal. Or at least the same goal every week is the rankings and that's enough to keep bringing me back. I thought I liked this game but do I really? lol

I think the biggest pull for me is the fear of missing out if I leave. Everyone else would keep leveling up and I'd be stagnant. Then when multiplayer eventually comes around, I could be screwed...

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The last two cups feel doable to 100% this tour compared to the previous two. I was able to get all of the stars without as much trouble.

I was able to get Halloween Rosalina, but only have like 20 rubies left now. I'm kind of screwed on LM King Boo, so I'm hoping I can earn enough rubies to get to two 10 pulls for Paris.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
The last two cups feel doable to 100% this tour compared to the previous two. I was able to get all of the stars without as much trouble.

I was able to get Halloween Rosalina, but only have like 20 rubies left now. I'm kind of screwed on LM King Boo, so I'm hoping I can earn enough rubies to get to two 10 pulls for Paris.

You usually got the rewards, from the second week ranked cup, an hour before the tour ends, so maybe you can try some pulls on the King Boo Pipe before it ends :)

This is how I feel right now. I'm pretty sure I get 2-3 total but have rarely if ever hit more than one opponent with the same bomb.

I followed some advices here in the thread and it worked flawlessly for me. Play Dino Dino Jungle R, hit the first item box being in 5th place, you usually got a bomb, try to advance to 1st place and drop the bomb at the end of the wooden bridge, just keep trying doing this and you'll get it.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
What's the quickest way to grind our player levels? I've been doing Ghost Valley 1T which seems pretty quick, but I'm not sure if there is something better. Literally didn't know you can lose exp if you place badly until today.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's the quickest way to grind our player levels? I've been doing Ghost Valley 1T which seems pretty quick, but I'm not sure if there is something better. Literally didn't know you can lose exp if you place badly until today.

You want to switch up the tracks. Eventually diminishing returns will kick in if the game knows you're grinding on the same tracks.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
I followed some advices here in the thread and it worked flawlessly for me. Play Dino Dino Jungle R, hit the first item box being in 5th place, you usually got a bomb, try to advance to 1st place and drop the bomb at the end of the wooden bridge, just keep trying doing this and you'll get it.
I will try this, thanks! Using Yoshi I assume? I may have read it but started using King Boo on his favored tracks. I've even gotten Bob-omb frenzies and have still failed, lol.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
I missed that you stated the 'R' version of Dino Dino but staying around 5th helped tremendously. I ended up using King Boo on Luigi's Mansion and completed the challenge finally. Thanks for the tip, it was very helpful!
Really helps that most of the tracks are long enough or have enough ways to keep combos going. Couldn't do anything with tokyo blur in the last tour.
Yeah and on the Gold Pass trial, I didn't need coins or stars so I focused on the rankings and challenges more than eking out those last few stars. This tour I can see myself grinding for that last one I'm missing. If I pull King Boo LM, it probably won't even take a lot of effort, haha.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Got regular King Boo in the shop today and just had to buy it. Now I don't have to fear those Super Horn challengers anymore. Still waiting on DK, though. I really wish they'd make it so that the current tour rewards always give you the characters you need for the challenges. Or at the very least, outright say which characters can be used.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I pretty much only play until I get the (achievable) challenges, all the stars in the cup, and as high of a rank as I feel satisfied with (currently first by a good bit which is great).

If Nintendo didnt have the daily cap on coins and kart/racer/glider experience I'd probably play a lot more.

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
My daughter was asking me this morning how is Goomba gonna drive a kart without arms/hands.... I'm only at lv 16 :(

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
would really like to hit 30 so I have enough for a 10 pipe draw tomorrow!!! I pulled three times on Rosalina and got not one single high-end. I feel like 30 pulls in I should just stick with it now, my chances are slightly better :/
I'm at 110 rubies so if I hold 1st 🤞 I'll have three 10 pulls ready for King Boo LM. I got lucky and landed Halloween Rosalina on my first 10 pull this spotlight. That does suck though, good luck man!

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
25. I think I saw someone on reddit is in the 60s which is crazy.
A few managed to hit the new limit for the tour.
53czxrbh9dv31.png

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I got super lucky with the ranking this week: I've had a 4,500 point lead over 2nd place since Saturday. I think everyone just gave up on challenging me, lol.

It's going to feel great to bank those rewards tomorrow. I was like 8th in the last ranking (but I was also still new to the game and lacking in drivers/equipment).

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I am really, really hoping that Metal Mario isn't the reward next cup - it would be a huge bummer.

What player level are all y'all on?
32 going on 33 soon. I figured maxing out exp on the Tokyo Blur courses last tour before they were removed would be a good investment, plus I wanted those 8 gems for level 30.

Also, for anyone worried about not being able to scrap a few last minute gems together for one final pull on the Rosalina pipe don't forget that it will actually continue into next week alongside the King Boo one.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The real reward is the position points increase. Makes the latter cups and Rankings easier.
It really makes these tours easier to the point where I wonder if the "round 2" tours, when stuff like New York comes back, might actually be two tours. The original so al lthe new players can get the rewards (or old players get the rewards they missed) and a new set of cups gauged towards veteran players.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
40 pulls on this banner and not a single super rare driver yet :(

should finish in first place for the tourney this week, so combine that with the rest of the bonus chests, login bonus and maybe a few challenges and I should have enough for one last 10 pull.

i don't even give a shit about rosalina, I'm just pulling more so I can get some super rare driver at this point since its more likely than the king boo banner now.

Don't feel bad dude. I must've had about 40 pulls in the last week and I didn't get shit either. It's frustrating but you're not alone. Our luck will come one day.

But like you it looks like I'll finish in 1st with a little over 30,000 points.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'll be 3rd this week, I actually was 3rd this morning but the 4th starting gaining points again. Hopefully he won't pass me again in the last hours.
First place is unreachable at 30k points, also I never got a big banana frenzy on Dino Jungle with DK.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
So I had a max of three pulls budgeted for King Boo (Luigi's Mansion), I could squeeze out a fourth, but I want to save some for Shy Guy (Chef) too, soooooo...

HjZE7tz.jpg

Ugh.

Pull #2...

tBZA9JM.jpg

BLEH.

Pull #3...

ok3Y6uw.jpg

🤩🤩🤩

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finally got Halloween Rosalina... only took 60 pipes...

Edit: Challenge: "Land 10 hits with Boomerangs." Good luck everyone

Last edited:

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
1° Pull: Just trash.
2° Pull: No King Boo but at least I got two new High-end gliders, so not bad at all.

I think, I'm going to end the tour saving 100 rubies for the Paris one, I'm tempted to do a last pull for King Boo but I don't know guys... time will tell.