• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Cheep Cheep Lagoon is the worst with RNG because it determines whether or not you get 4 item boxes vs. 6 item boxes (+ some jump boosts).

I have no idea how I cracked 10k on that.
I'm stuck at a 9.5k that I just can't seem to get past. Mario Circuit 1 is at an 8.8k, and Dino Dino at 12k (GIANT BANANAS EVERYWHERE)

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Here's my friend code and junk.
  • ResetERA Username: Mr. Pointy
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: MrPointy
  • Friend-Code: 4464-0930-1548

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
150 or 200 CC? I learned from last tour that always do the challenge at 150 as it is much easier.
Wow, I didn't knew that. I was doing it at 200cc but I made it anyways since I got Roy to get stuck on a loop with the first dinosaur somehow.

Also, does anybody know how to clear the challenge about crashing at the finish line? I don't know what that means. 😣

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't knew that. I was doing it at 200cc but I made it anyways since I got Roy to get stuck on a loop with the first dinosaur somehow.

Also, does anybody know how to clear the challenge about crashing at the finish line? I don't know what that means. 😣

Throw a banana right before the finish line on lap 1, then hit it on lap 2 so you spin out over the finish line. Put it off to the side so that the CPUs don't hit it first.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Throw a banana right before the finish line on lap 1, then hit it on lap 2 so you spin out over the finish line. Put it off to the side so that the CPUs don't hit it first.
Wow, thanks!

Just cleared it, I kept getting frenzy time before the finishing line or COM crashing on the bananas. Even with DK (as I found easier to do the challenge as him) it was:

S9mobGR.jpg

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
And of course the next ranked cup is Yoshi Cup with Paris and Mario Circuit races where most of the recommended items are High-End introduced in this tour... Oh well, I will try a 10 pull but I'll wait for the next Pipe, I hope I'm lucky enough to score high *fingers crossed*
I did two pulls in hopes that I would get a frenzy driver for Mario Circuit 3 and...
Pit Crew Toad showed up! 🍄
I've done all the current tour challenges so far, and I just want to say the challenges that require the player to gimp themselves to actually complete them are unfun and a horrible experience. I'm looking at you lightning and bullet bill challenges. Basically trying to fight the CPUs to actually stay in 6th - 8th place as much as possible for the items to actually appear.
I don't mind the jockeying for position as much as I hate that the auto steer doesn't let you drive backwards so you have to repeatedly turn into walls and hope the terrain around you is rough enough to slow you down 😩

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017

In the last tour against mega Wario on Waluigi's Pinball, I couldn't beat Wario in 200CC since I had to fight with mega Wario AND Waluigi at the same time. I figured I would give 150 CC a try then to my surprise, there is no Waluigi and I beat mega Wario with my first try. That's when I start doing all the challenge at 150CC. :)

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
In the last tour against mega Wario on Waluigi's Pinball, I couldn't beat Wario in 200CC since I had to fight with mega Wario AND Waluigi at the same time. I figured I would give 150 CC a try then to my surprise, there is no Waluigi and I beat mega Wario with my first try. That's when I start doing all the challenge at 150CC. :)
Wow, I didn't unlock all the courses on the last tour and that sounds even harder than my time with Roy, thanks for the tip!

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
It is just me or the game server crashed? I'm stuck in this loading screen for about 10 minutes going into coin rush and I don't want to lose my rubies if I close it. Restarting mobile data and WiFi don't do anything.
EubdC5B.png

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
This is looking up to be the second time I won't move up three tiers in the rankings (or get first place in my cup, now that I think about it), which means no tier 20 me yet. That's too bad - I was hoping to get better rewards again next time.

I'm currently in tier 17 at level 19. Never have subscribed to the Gold Pass. Current Ranked cup score is about 25.4k and I'm at 5th place. I'd need about 1.5k to make it back to top 3, and 2.5k if I wanted to be #1. I could probably get up to somewhere in the low 26ks, but it doesn't seem worth it right now. Hopefully two more people won't catch up to me so I'll at least still get some rubies.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The MKT sub-reddit is mostly dire, but I did find one, single helpful post. I did not grasp what was going on with player EXP in any way.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioKartT...formation_on_player_exp_how_courses_actually/

I accidentally figured this out when I maxed out the exp from a track so it wasn't giving me any, then did tons of races on different courses before playing the same course again on a different tour, and didn't receive any exp. It really needs to be explained better in game. I thought it was a glitch at first.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
I accidentally figured this out when I maxed out the exp from a track so it wasn't giving me any, then did tons of races on different courses before playing the same course again on a different tour, and didn't receive any exp. It really needs to be explained better in game. I thought it was a glitch at first.
I guess one take away is we should be grinding on the tour specific courses first because we will lose those until they rotate back

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, no way I'm getting better than 5th place this ranking.

Did well in the Jungle course, but my scores suck on the Mario and Lagoon courses. I have 3 star racers/glider/karts, and I've gotten plenty of Frenzies on them but I can't get over 7.5K/8.5K.

I could probably get to 2/3 place eventually, I'm just sick of doing these tracks over and over.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that tier 20 seems to be the last one for now since there seems to only be a one rank bump up for the top 3 in tier 19 or two if you're in 18 so how this affects anything will be interesting to see I guess.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I just noticed that tier 20 seems to be the last one for now since there seems to only be a one rank bump up for the top 3 in tier 19 or two if you're in 18 so how this affects anything will be interesting to see I guess.
You're right, I haven't noticed that, I hope league 20 gave us more rewards... I'm wondering if challenge board 2-4 will unlock at all when we reach League 20 and clear 2-3.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot-20191112-200704-Chrome.jpg

So just got this survey and it said this about the Multiplayer. Thought it was interesting.

Edit:
Screenshot-20191112-200928-Chrome.jpg

Hope that isn't a thing.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got the survey too, as did a friend of mine.

I thought the multiplayer questions were interesting. Hope they make it fair for players, the game already has a lot of monetization stuff already.

I asked for Captain Toad as my most wanted. Also said Cappy and Wart. Picked Luigi, DK, Daisy, and Toadette for costumes. (I regret checking Mario and Peach as characters I like in hindsight, they got so much!)

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't get any, maybe because I'm not from the US. If you got the survey, don't forget my round boi Lubba! Vote for him, he deserves more love.

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
Anyone struggling with the crappy "crash over the finish line" challenge, I found the easiest way to do it was to turn off auto item, have a banana as you're coming to the finish line and throw it in front of you, then hit it as you cross. I kept having the computer hit it on the first lap if I dropped it, even if I put it on the corner of the line. I also used cheep cheep lagoon, take a wide final turn and you have a straight shot to the finish line which makes the throw easier!

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Interesting, even though the Chef Shy Guy Spotlight pipe is now available, they still kept the Vacation Peach Spotlight pipe. This is the first time that both Spotlight pipes have been available together.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, even though the Chef Shy Guy Spotlight pipe is now available, they still kept the Vacation Peach Spotlight pipe. This is the first time that both Spotlight pipes have been available together.
They had both for Halloween, IIRC.
It wasn't that bad... I think.
EJPRzyZXkAEebE8.jpg:large
Two spotlights, randon High-end, some supers and filler for the challenges. I'd say that's solid yes, Grats!

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
It was like that too last tour, with the Halloween Rosalina one being around for both weeks as well. I guess they're changing it to somewhat make it easier to snag whoevers in the first pipe.

Interesting that Tier 20 seems to be the end since anyone who placed top 3 in tiers 17-19 all got funneled in there but there's no promotions this week on the rank list despite the final challenge on board 2-4 being "Reach tier 30."

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Two spotlights, randon High-end, some supers and filler for the challenges. I'd say that's solid yes, Grats!
Thank You! I was more than happy to see the Flower Glider (even more than the duplicate Metal Mario) because I just need another one to upgrade it at Level 5 and finally clear the 1-4 board.
Interesting that Tier 20 seems to be the end since anyone who placed top 3 in tiers 17-19 all got funneled in there but there's no promotions this week on the rank list despite the final challenge on board 2-4 being "Reach tier 30."

I hate this, now we need to wait a lot more to clear the 2-4 board, I was expecting to be at league 22 after this cup... And at level 20 the biggest reward is still 25 rubies ):

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Using the link to the survey seems to work even if you didn't receive the email. Here it is if anyone here wants to take it. :)

Poltergust
Hours Left
Trrzs

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

maddieJ

Oct 27, 2017
South Portland, ME
Anyone struggling with the crappy "crash over the finish line" challenge, I found the easiest way to do it was to turn off auto item, have a banana as you're coming to the finish line and throw it in front of you, then hit it as you cross. I kept having the computer hit it on the first lap if I dropped it, even if I put it on the corner of the line. I also used cheep cheep lagoon, take a wide final turn and you have a straight shot to the finish line which makes the throw easier!

I was struggling too, but found that Dino Dino Jungle made it easier. The straight stretch before the finish line is long enough that you can throw a banana peel in front of you, then run over it. It's still tricky to do, but you get 2 chances to do it per race.

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
did 2 10x pipe pull for Chef Shy Guy pipe... my daughter was disappointed since neither got a golden pipe :(

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
We wait for an update I guess...

This one is going to be a bottleneck challenge. I'm still stuck on Skill Level 5 for my other set of challenges.
Yeah it's gonna be another month for me to get a level 5 WITH the gold pass. The challenges are only going to continuously get worse and we'll have to skip more pipes if we want to save.

So you can't go up now, so wait for an update. Seems easy enough.
Bonkers to think a game which already includes an active achievement for getting to level 30 would also include a way to progress to level 30.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
did 2 10x pipe pull for Chef Shy Guy pipe... my daughter was disappointed since neither got a golden pipe :(
I did that too and I got mostly nothing.

Only got one new item in each pull and niether were anything impressive, just a low level Kart and a glider

I've got 30 gems, so I should be able to do one more pull to try and get him.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I think I'm screwed this week. I didn't get lucky with all the character and kart choices. I'm really going to have to work hard to get top 3 ranking. And I'm not counting on good pulls to help me. My last several have been complete shite.