• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
My best pull ever

k6R4LBN.png

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got snipe'd last minute out of 1st place on the last ranked cup. :(

Anyways London Loop is great, best city track so far. Music is also really good for it. Nice that the tier limit got increased from 20 to 40.

The content was... what I expected. Not the game balance changes I was hoping for, and continues the same as the winter tour with just what we got being more varied than the Mario/Peach drop of last time. Weird to go with a Red Cap Koopa Troopa and not add Paratroopa though. lol

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
London Loop is really underwhelming, honestly. It's the longest of the real world tracks, yes, but large portions of it just feel so barren. It also doesn't help that the tier 3 stuff for the normal version of it are pipe exclusives (and no, $20 for the new Koopa Troopa is not a legitimate option).

Paris Promenade is the best out of these sorts of tracks so far.

And... yet again we still don't see the likes of Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, or King Boo in the Daily Selects. What gives with that? Why limit what you can obtain from the shop if you're not even going to bother rotating it?

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I wanted to save all my rubies for British Waluigi in the next pipe since I don't care about Daisy, but I was weak and made a 10x pull and then a Christmas miracle happened...

EK7QL1rXkAU6h4x.jpg:large

I'm so happy! With Pauline, Chef Shy Guy, Witch Rosalina, the Star Glider and now British Waluigi I've been lucky with this game getting all the characters and gear I wanted every tour.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Three ten pulls and no Holiday Cheer Daisy but I nabbed the other spotlights so I guess I can't complain.

I forgot to screenshot so here's what I pulled:
Drivers:
Zero new
Karts:
Streamliner
Para-Wing
Bumble V
Ribbon Rider
Gliders:
Piston Glider
Glitter Glider

Was able to hit 24k on DK Pass T with 2x coin and 1x banana frenzies and 175x combo to solidify first last night by 6k+ points 😊

Edit: After playing London Loop, I think that I like it as a race course but as a track where chaining together actions to combo is required, it's probably gonna suck.

Last edited:

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Three pulls, the first two of which were dreadful, got me HoliDaisy, her kart, and Cool Koopa. Ranked doesn't seem like the absolute worst this week and god bless no Cheep Cheep 😍

NickHyde

Oct 26, 2017
Had the worst pull ever and now I just want to quit since I basically have to way to rank decently in this week's tournament :(

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess no multiplayer beta for the next 2 weeks. I'm guessing it will go live with the next tour.

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hitting a wall on Tier 19 since I can't finish in top 10 in the last 2 tries... I'm about to take a break from the game now since the new content hasn't been too exciting for me.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Despite doing 70 pulls and not getting Holiday freaking Daisy I've actually found this to be a pretty enjoyable tour. The new R/T versions of Yoshi Circuit and Bowser's Castle 1 are some of my favorite ones yet, the challenges so far have all been extremely doable and not annoying BS, and getting a ton of duplicates from the gacha actually proved to be really helpful since now I have a bunch of drivers/parts at Level 2-3 that get me solid scores even when they're not 3x favored.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Despite doing 70 pulls and not getting Holiday freaking Daisy I've actually found this to be a pretty enjoyable tour. The new R/T versions of Yoshi Circuit and Bowser's Castle 1 are some of my favorite ones yet, the challenges so far have all been extremely doable and not annoying BS, and getting a ton of duplicates from the gacha actually proved to be really helpful since now I have a bunch of drivers/parts at Level 2-3 that get me solid scores even when they're not 3x favored.

Yeah the new R/T Yoshi circuit felt incredibly cool with it criss-crossing over the track.

In terms of content I'd put London on par with Paris. DK Pass is a fun course but it isn't as fresh as getting something completely new, which was my same issue with the Halloween tour.

I also think it is unfortunate that London as a location doesn't get a second set of gear due to Christmas items. Hope we get something to look forward to on it should they reuse the tour in the new year.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
After getting British Waluigi in my first 10x pull this tour I reseted the pipe for a second pull and this is what I got...

ELGZuNMWkAAa93j.jpg:large

I'm having too much luck in this game... It worries me. Also, I finally cleared the challenge board 1-5 and surprise! There's not 1-6 ):

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first tour where I've actually managed to get 5 stars on every single track, I won't even need to use any star tickets this time. If people don't get too aggressive this week I might even manage to get a top spot in the rankings for the first time in a while (I kind of stopped putting in effort once I hit Tier 20).

Also, with the very last gems I got from this tour, I clicked that 10-pull button for the eighth time praying to see Holiday Daisy, saw a star leap into that twinkle of light, and... it was Peachette.

...and then Holiday Daisy right afterward! Ironically, despite wanting her so bad I didn't have any use for her in this tour whatsoever. The Starchute I randomly pulled ended up being way more helpful. But hey, the costume is cute!

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
This is the first tour where I've actually managed to get 5 stars on every single track, I won't even need to use any star tickets this time. If people don't get too aggressive this week I might even manage to get a top spot in the rankings for the first time in a while (I kind of stopped putting in effort once I hit Tier 20).

Also, with the very last gems I got from this tour, I clicked that 10-pull button for the eighth time praying to see Holiday Daisy, saw a star leap into that twinkle of light, and... it was Peachette.

...and then Holiday Daisy right afterward! Ironically, despite wanting her so bad I didn't have any use for her in this tour whatsoever. The Starchute I randomly pulled ended up being way more helpful. But hey, the costume is cute!
Haha, this is great. I'm four ten pulls in and still no HoliDaisy. I feel ya on the effort since 20 depending on what tier equipment I've had and if it's worth grinding for combos and frenzies.

I should be able to do another ten pull after this ranking ends and maybe a couple of singles after that.

I only have one star missing on London Loop T in DK Cup right now but I've got three cups waiting to unlock so the jury is still out on them. I think I've only five starred all cups in the Paris Tour so far.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Does the Shy Guy Cup mean we can already put scores on it, and those that we have on them will count towards this next ranked cup's rankings? Or will it reset? I see the news says we can practice, but I don't know if that means our scores beforehand will count.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Does the Shy Guy Cup mean we can already put scores on it, and those that we have on them will count towards this next ranked cup's rankings? Or will it reset? I see the news says we can practice, but I don't know if that means our scores beforehand will count.
Don't worry, your previous scores count when the ranked cup start.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Small observation. Character specific cups also bump up certain karts and gliders up one tier like Koopa Dasher and Shell Glider for Koopa Troopa and Poltergust for Luigi. Cool.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, I have 12,000 coins and the B Dasher is available in my shop today, would be worth to spend 10k coins in that single item? I would like to collect the most items I can but honestly, I don't need it, I have enough cars to make good scores, maybe save those coins to level up my other items would be better.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, I have 12,000 coins and the B Dasher is available in my shop today, would be worth to spend 10k coins in that single item? I would like to collect the most items I can but honestly, I don't need it, I have enough cars to make good scores, maybe save those coins to level up my other items would be better.
The only High-End worth buying is the Gold Glider IMO.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda bs all you get for duplicates in pulls after maxing it out is 250. I'm gonna guess rares are 500 and super rares are gonna be 1k but it should give a level up ticket of that rarity imo.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Kinda bs all you get for duplicates in pulls after maxing it out is 250. I'm gonna guess rares are 500 and super rares are gonna be 1k but it should give a level up ticket of that rarity imo.
It's half of what they're worth in the shop. So, Normals give you 250 or 400, Supers give you 1k or 2k, and High-Ends give you 5k or 6k.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I was happy. This morning I did one pull and got Rosalina added to my roster of drivers. Bowser was also in my shop yesterday, so I was able to add to my score in this week's tournament so now I'm 5th place. I had to use two Quick Tickets to get enough Grand Stars and complete challenges in the final hour so I could earn enough coins to acquire him on my roster.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Man, my rank has sucked the last few weeks.

I'm at 9th right now and having a hell of a time getting any higher.

I think at this point I either need to get REALLY lucky, or level up drivers more. But I have a lvl 4 Bowser on one of the tracks and I've still only gotten 2 frenzies.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
I have 41 rubies and it's killing me to wait for this ranked cup to end. I will not do single pulls, I will not do single pulls...

Strange that I didn't get the survey this time. Maybe it's because I let Gold Pass expire since I just planned to re-up sometime before this tour ended with my Google Play Rewards money.

I'm dying on this ranked cup though without Pauline or HoliDaisy 😔

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No survey on my end either and I'm also a gold pass subscriber. If anyone gets it mind sharing the link here?