• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I think this survey basically hints at a lot of upcoming features, like the "borrow a friend's gear" mechanic a lot of mobile games have.

And yes, for the love of god don't encourage them to add P2W to multiplayer. It's so easy to not mess up Mario Kart multiplayer but you can tell they're just itching to do it if they think they can get away with it.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I spent my rubies to do 60 pulls on the Waluigi pipe.

Got Santa Mario and the Double Decker bus.

I figured with 4 high ends left it'd be a waste not to try a bit more, so despite my best judgement I went and bought the Cloud Glider and Lakitu packs, and did another 30 pulls.

Got the Glitter Glider, Soaring Jack, Bumble V.

And Waluigi is still sitting there in the final 10 lol.

I'm not upset, all I can do is laugh. Got Luigi, Freerunning Koopa, and the Poltergust 4000 that were all new as well. Feel a bit dirty though.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I figured with 4 high ends left it'd be a waste not to try a bit more, so despite my best judgement I went and bought the Cloud Glider and Lakitu packs, and did another 30 pulls.
Nooooooooo

I wish you asked here first if you should do that. It is absolutely not worth spending $60 all at once for a game like this.

At the very least you could've waited until the next ranking period ended.

In any case, try to resist the urge to make such purchases if you find yourself in that kind of situation again. Gacha games will always try to tempt you and rule #1 when you're playing them is to not fall for it, even if you miss out on things.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Nooooooooo

I wish you asked here first if you should do that. It is absolutely not worth spending $60 all at once for a game like this.

At the very least you could've waited until the next ranking period ended.

In any case, try to resist the urge to make such purchases if you find yourself in that kind of situation again. Gacha games will always try to tempt you and rule #1 when you're playing them is to not fall for it, even if you miss out on things.
Haha don't worry I know it was a dumb purchase, but this game is fun and it's not going to hurt me financially so it's whatever.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Nother quick ticket for this weeks card. Guess we might just never seen coin rush tickets again huh?

Also rankings have changed so tier 23 gets another 5 ruby bump in bonuses but only 1st place goes up 3 tiers, 2nd place two, and then anyone below 10th drops down 1 which is kinda interesting. Not sure how to feel about that one really.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Had enough for 40 pulls, got Bus Driver Waluigi 20 pulls into his pipe. Switched over to Santa Daisys, and after a bunch of duplicates on my very last pipe I unlocked Santa...Mario

cant rlly complain tho im hooked for at least another tour so i have an excuse to play as the ABSOLUTE mad lad Bus Driver Waluigi

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I checked 3 hours before the end of the ranked cup, person below me was 2000 points away. When I checked now I still got 1st, but see that 2nd place tried to do a last minute snipe and was 500 points away. lol

Anyways the new tier rankings once you get past tier 20 are cutthroat. Only 1st gets to go up 3 tiers, 2nd goes up 2 tiers, everyone else until 8th place goes up 1 tier, and anyone in the bottom 10 goes down a tier. That reach tier 30 challenge will be pretty difficult for a lot of players.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
These new rankings are terrifying. Thank Rosalina I never get put in the same group with unbeatable monsters like ffdgh and Gartooth. I've basically done the best I can possibly do with what I have (Metal Mario put in WORK on Rainbow Road T) and there's nearly 4000 points between me and second place BUT IT COULD CHANGE AT ANY TIME

I like that you can see everyone's gear now though. I also briefly got excited upon seeing the Multiplayer button is active... but it's undergoing maintenance.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Thanks!

Yeah I also made sure to select keeping all d/k/g's on an even playing field for multiplayer.

I went ahead and did another 10 pull and got a gold pipe... but, I was hoping for HoliDaisy and all I got was the Gold Glider, ugh. I guess I can't really complain though because it pushed it up to level 5, yay!

With that high-end level up ticket in the last gift box, my Metal Mario will be level 5 and that get three d/k/g's to level five challenge will be complete. I'll only need to get something up to level 6 to finish the 1-5 card.

I'm at 50/100 on the Daisy pipe and I have the spotlight kart and glider. This is the most I've emptied a pipe since trying for Vacation Peach where I was at 51/100. Maybe I'll do some single pulls before the end of this tour unless I pull out first in the ranked cup but, I'm not sure how I'll fair in that just yet.

Edit:
Nice little update, now you can check the driver, kart and glider your opponents and friends use.
This whole spying on everyone's loadout is weird. I thought that you could just see your own, haha. It's great and horrible at the same time. If I see someone with a shittier load out than myself above me I'm going to feel pretty inadequate, haha. On the other hand, if I'm having trouble gaining points I can more quickly see where I'm lacking and what gear to use. Or if I just don't have the gear maybe sit back and relax a bit instead of stressing myself out with unobtainable goals, lol.

Overall I love it. It just needs to show the levels for each d/k/g and then it's good. Maybe what cc as I've seen someone else request as well.

Last edited:

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
This update would've been even better if they showed the Character/Kart/Glider level too. Can't complain though.

These new rankings are terrifying. Thank Rosalina I never get put in the same group with unbeatable monsters like ffdgh and Gartooth. I've basically done the best I can possibly do with what I have (Metal Mario put in WORK on Rainbow Road T) and there's nearly 4000 points between me and second place BUT IT COULD CHANGE AT ANY TIME

I like that you can see everyone's gear now though. I also briefly got excited upon seeing the Multiplayer button is active... but it's undergoing maintenance.

In my defense the only reason my score is so inflated is because I unintentionally got multiple coin frenzies on Rainbow Road and 2nd is at 43k. I'm trying to keep my scores low to avoided being paired with big buyers lol.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
In my defense the only reason my score is so inflated is because I unintentionally got multiple coin frenzies on Rainbow Road and 2nd is at 43k. I'm trying to keep my scores low to avoid being paired with big buyers lol.
1st in my ranked cup is at 48.3k. I just took a few runs on Rainbow Road and hit 21.1k with one coin frenzy. This cup is already more fun for me than last week's, lol.

My loadout is stacked for that course though:
Lv5 MM, Lv3 Royale, Lv5 GG

The other courses I've only accidentally hit high scores while completing the new challenges but it still looks daunting to eclipse 48.3k...

Edit: ffdgh what are your d/k/g levels for Rainbow Road?

Last edited:

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Some future spotlight character images were datamined. I'm saving up after this tour.
1st in my ranked cup is at 48.3k. I just took a few runs on Rainbow Road and hit 21.1k with one coin frenzy. This cup is already more fun for me than last week's, lol.

My loadout is stacked for that course though:
Lv5 MM, Lv3 Royale, Lv5 GG

The other courses I've only accidentally hit high scores while completing the new challenges but it still looks daunting to eclipse 48.3k...

Edit: ffdgh what are your d/k/g levels for Rainbow Road?
Lv3 Metal Mario, Lv4 Royale, and Lv5 Gold Glider. Played on 150cc for more combo chances.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit I do three 10x pulls today and then the datamine happens.

Loving the Pauline and Toad alts. Yoshi's was completely expected. Sigh at the Mario alt.

So I'm guessing next tour is Tokyo #2 with the new Mario alt and Reindeer Yoshi. Then after that is New York #2(for New Year's) with Pauline and Toad.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Easy access to the datamined images:

ELh3EEwWsAUzMq2
ELh3EUPXUAEFhaK

ELh3El-WsAEbQCd
ELh3E3fX0AAMNQv

Definitely seems like we'll be getting reruns of Tokyo and New York for the next two tours. New Year's Pauline and Toad are neat, might go for them.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
A second Japanese costume for Mario. I shudder to think what the character roster is going to look like when this game is at the end of its life.

Anyway none of those are must have to me, so I don't regret emptying the Waluigi pipe. Pauline is neat though.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Some future spotlight character images were datamined. I'm saving up after this tour.

Lv3 Metal Mario, Lv4 Royale, and Lv5 Gold Glider. Played on 150cc for more combo chances.
I may save my next pulls for New Year's Pauline or Reindeer Yoshi now 🤞

Thanks for your level info. I hit on two coin frenzies and a full combo on RRT, did a run on both DHR and LLT and I'm sitting at 49.4k and... I'm still in second in my ranked cup 😐 Gonna need to beat at least 50.1k to overtake first place 🙃

I apologize to anyone who has me in their ranked cup but Aymeric_MK made me do it 😛

Last edited:

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Gold Glider in the shop yet again. If I didn't have to save up my coins to finish that Level 6 challenge I'd have snagged it. Hoping multiplayer comes with some new challenges to complete.

Last edited:

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Gold Glider in the shop yet again. If I did have to save up my coins to finish that Level 6 challenge I'd have snagged it. Hoping multiplayer comes with some new challenges to complete.

If you don't have the gold glider go for it! Is really worth, that challenge can wait, there isn't a new board after you clear that one sadly :/

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Gold Glider in the shop yet again. If I did have to save up my coins to finish that Level 6 challenge I'd have snagged it. Hoping multiplayer comes with some new challenges to complete.
It's very likely to. My guess for multiplayer is that it will introduce a new way to earn gems, since what we have now is a drip feed.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
If you don't have the gold glider go for it! Is really worth, that challenge can wait, there isn't a new board after you clear that one sadly :/
Mine is already at level 5 so It's not a big loss. Just need Peach to show up in the shop 2 more times to snag those 35 rubies.
It's very likely to. My guess for multiplayer is that it will introduce a new way to earn gems, since what we have now is a drip feed.
Here's hoping since I need to stock up again. I would have avoided spending rubies on this tour if I knew New Year's Pauline was coming.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So wait, Halloween and Christmas stuff will surely come back next year. But how are they ever going to re-release New Years Pauline when her kart literally says 2020? Or is this a limited edition character?

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit Birdo is in the next tour! Guess they didn't bother holding back the announcement after the leak.

Damn, I'm gonna need to pull on this one. Those alts look amazing!

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Wait the tournament rankings are against people's actual tournament scores?

I figured it was just more bots. I'm currently third with a bunch of level 1 or level 2 drivers and gear.

Also I really want Daisy (Holiday Cheer) but I only have 25 rubies. I've completed all of the cups and cleared all of the challenges so I have no way of gaining any more (this game is staying Free to Play). I've got 79/100 pulls left

Is it worth it to do a bunch of single pulls?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting Birdo to show up in the next tour, good to see they're still adding actual new characters.

Also I really want Daisy (Holiday Cheer) but I only have 25 rubies. I've completed all of the cups and cleared all of the challenges so I have no way of gaining any more (this game is staying Free to Play). I've got 79/100 pulls left

Is it worth it to do a bunch of single pulls?

It's really down to complete luck but I wouldn't bother, especially if you're going 100% F2P. Better to get the most use out of your gems possible by only doing 10 pulls at a time.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot-20191214-212804-Mario-Kart.jpg

These scores I'm going up against are legitimately insane. I was considering settling for 2nd when I saw someone get 47k, but now 3rd is coming in hot too. Don't know how much higher I can get that score since for the life of me I can't break 20k on Rainbow Road T.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Screenshot-20191214-212804-Mario-Kart.jpg

These scores I'm going up against are legitimately insane. I was considering settling for 2nd when I saw someone get 47k, but now 3rd is coming in hot too. Don't know how much higher I can get that score since for the life of me I can't break 20k on Rainbow Road T.
Those scores are madness.

I spent my last 45 Ruby's. I was contemplating saving them for Disco Pauline. But I also still don't have Bus Driver Waluigi. Anyway, I took the gamble and I got him!!! Yes!!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Woo! First place in Rank 21's rankings.

Now to see how quickly I'm bumped down to 3rd or 4th place, haha.

Leveling up the 3 tier Kart I had to level 2 almost immediately got me 2k higher score on the rainbow road level.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I only just started playing through this tour. Being late sucks. Grinding is awful. I don't even want to finish.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I only just started playing through this tour. Being late sucks. Grinding is awful. I don't even want to finish.
Just be glad you didn't start last tour or the tour before that. The scores they were asking for even on the early courses were insane.

This one is actually much more like the first few tours the game had in terms of what scores you need to 5-star. Only issue is that a lot more courses have been added since the beginning, so you need a wider breadth of characters to choose from to compensate.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
It'll definitely be disappointing if they just give us New York Minute 2 considering we've known it existed since before the game even came out. I'm hoping they pull from more SMK and Super Circuit tracks, their flat nature makes them a little dull when they show up in the mainline games but with Tour's simpler controls and combo system they're a lot more entertaining.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Back in the states! Pauline and Birdo make this the most exciting tour for me in a whole long while.

Unrelated, jadedpony your Rainbow Road score....how you do?
Welcome back from your London tour! lol

My level 5 Metal Mario and Gold Glider, hahaha. Also, two coin frenzies and a full combo.

And even with all of this, I'm still about 700 points out of first in my group. I think I might be able to get them from Daisy Hills but it's not going to be easy...

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. I have 42.3, in second. 1st has 43.3, and I just can't seem to squeeze 1k more out of anywhere. I'm rolling with:

DHR 13,916 - Lv3 Kimono Peach, Lv4 Birthday Girl, Lv6 (but tier 2) Peach Parasol
RRT 18,266 - Lv3 Metal Mario, Lv2 Ribbon Rider, Lv5 Gold Glider
LLR 10,162 - Lv3 Lakitu, Lv1 Swift Jack, Lv2 (tier 2) Bob-omb Parafoil

and I have just a couple of item tickets left.

I feel like I should be able to find another thousand somewhere by tomorrow night, I hope.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ugh. I have 42.3, in second. 1st has 43.3, and I just can't seem to squeeze 1k more out of anywhere. I'm rolling with:

DHR 13,916 - Lv3 Kimono Peach, Lv4 Birthday Girl, Lv6 (but tier 2) Peach Parasol
RRT 18,266 - Lv3 Metal Mario, Lv2 Ribbon Rider, Lv5 Gold Glider
LLR 10,162 - Lv3 Lakitu, Lv1 Swift Jack, Lv2 (tier 2) Bob-omb Parafoil

and I have just a couple of item tickets left.

I feel like I should be able to find another thousand somewhere by tomorrow night, I hope.
If you used an item ticket and the run turns out bad, close out of the app before the race ends and you retain your item ticket.

I haven't needed to do that since the game hands them out like candy and I'm at 100+, but yeah.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Second jumped to nearly 51k on my end. I wanted to avoid using my kart skill tickets for this but I might have to spend them.
It's impressive that you haven't already.

I was finally able to break into 50k+ territory and muscle my way into first in my group. Got three frenzies (coin, mushroom & banana) on Daisy Hills with a decently long, but not full, combo. Full comboing Daisy Hills is damn near impossible trying to avoid getting hit by all of the other racers even though I have a tier three glider.
Now I just have to wait and hope that second doesn't snipe me out of first. I have some left on DH if I full combo but, I doubt I'll luck into three decent frenzies again.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
It's impressive that you haven't already.

I was finally able to break into 50k+ territory and muscle my way into first in my group. Got three frenzies (coin, mushroom & banana) on Daisy Hills with a decently long, but not full, combo. Full comboing Daisy Hills is damn near impossible trying to avoid getting hit by all of the other racers even though I have a tier three glider.

Now I just have to wait and hope that second doesn't snipe me out of first. I have some left on DH if I full combo but, I doubt I'll luck into three decent frenzies again.

It was either upgrade Queen Bee to 3 or Swift Jack to 2. Went with the former since it's easier to maintain combos on Daisy Hills and 7 favored courses compared to 3 ignoring tour specific tracks.