• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MKTOT.jpg

About the Game

Mario Kart Tour marks the first appearance of the long-running series on mobile devices, with the core Mario Kart gameplay being controllable with just a single hand. This entry marks a first in the series by introducing brand new courses based on famous real-world locations such as Tokyo, New York City, and Paris.

Release Information
  • Global Release Date: September 25th, 2019 (Around 1am PT / 10am CEST)
  • Developer: Nintendo EPD and DeNA Co.,Ltd.
  • Publisher: Nintendo
  • Platform(s): iOS and Android
  • Price: "Free-to-Start", contains Microtransactions and Gacha mechanics, also has Gold Subscription ($5 per month)
  • Genre: Kart Racing
  • Players: 1 (Multiplayer to be added in a future update)
Before You Play

EE-DrC6VUAA1IdV.png:large

In order to play Mario Kart Tour, Nintendo is requiring that users first link a Nintendo Account.

If you do not yet have a Nintendo Account, you can sign up for one now by following this link: Nintendo Account Registration

Trailer and Commercials

Mario Kart Tour News Volume 1

Links

Mario Kart Tour Official Website

Mario Kart Tour Official Twitter Account

Apple App Store Page

Google Play Page

FAQ

• What changed from the beta? The energy timers have been removed.
  • Does this have multiplayer? At launch this is a single player game. Multiplayer will be added in a future update.
  • Who are the new characters? Diddy Kong has made his long-awaited return, and Peachette joins the series for the first time! Additionally, Musician Mario and Pauline will be unlockable during the in-game New York Tour event.
  • What are the new race courses? New courses themed around Tokyo, New York, and Paris make their debut in this game. Additional future courses are teased as well, such as one inspired by London.

I would like to give a special thanks to vestan and Luminaire for encouraging me on making this OT. This is the first time I have ever made an OT, so I am a little nervous about how this turns out! I am happy to hear any suggestions you may have to help me improve this OT. Happy racing!

EFTHjZkUUAAyHFF

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Great job my man, looks great.

Interested in giving this a go. I really like the look of the New York and Paris courses.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... there's no multiplayer? Yeesh, I haven't been paying attention; wonder how it's going to be a success now.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will this come to Apple TV (I guess not since it seems to be portrait oriented) and have controller support on IOS?

Those under construction videos are great.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
No multiplayer.... Well, I'll try it for a bit. Would be fun to play with humans however.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I feel like the entire point of a mobile Mario Kart would be the fact you can just play local multiplayer with anyone. It'd be a mega hit.

Yet here we are.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will this come to Apple TV (I guess not since it seems to be portrait oriented) and have controller support on IOS?

Those under construction videos are great.

I haven't seen any confirmation on Apple TV or IOS controller support to my knowledge, but if it is confirmed tomorrow I will add it to the OT. :)

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome OT Gartooth!! Stoked to play this. I really enjoyed the beta, so I'm excited to see the new content in the final!

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy to me how they decided to make it single player only. Hopefully they're saving it for an update later on?

Either way, the beta was uh...not good.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
No multiplayer is baffling. Who the hell wants to play a Mario Kart game where you can only race against the cheating AI.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Echoing popular opinion, no multiplayer component is a huge shocker. Isn't that like the entire essence of what Mario Kart is and why it's so popular to begin with? lol

I'm guessing this is just Nintendo being super careful not to risk cannibalizing 8 Deluxe's and (eventually) 9's sales, but c'mon. Could've at least made it 1-on-1.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
No local multi sends this game to the bottom of the ocean.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Apple Arcade kind of killed my interest in this game. The idea of a gacha or microtransactions in a game that really shouldn't have them is enough where I'm out.

Controller support and Apple TV support and this game could have been great for the family as maybe an introduction to mario kart (idea being to funnel people to the switch, etc).

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic first OT, OP!

There was an overview trailer of sorts with a voiced Lakitu that was posted to the Nintendo Mobile YouTube channel earlier today (the 24th):

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
Really hope it has multiplayer once the game officially launches. That's one of the main issues I had with the beta. If not, what's the point of playing this watered-down version of Mario Kart?

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
OT turned out nice!

I'll have to give this a look. I do hope it has/gets multiplayer as it'd be nice to race against faceless jerks while on my lunch break.

Natec

Oct 25, 2017
No multiplayer is crazy to me, will still try it out since it's free but I probably won't stick with it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting a huge backlash given like all of the top tweets on twitter are casuals saying they can't wait to whoops their friends asses...

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Like influential people on twitter really think it's multiplayer, I'm scared for the backlash 😭

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Hm, not too sure about this, but will give it a try. Nice that they got rid of energy timers, but too bad there isn't any MP.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
a single player only Mario Kart sounds like hell tbh

combine that with the fact it's a mobile title with in-app currency purchases and I have to wonder if this will keep my attention for very long. guess we'll see soon enough?