• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
a single player only Mario Kart sounds like hell tbh

combine that with the fact it's a mobile title with in-app currency purchases and I have to wonder if this will keep my attention for very long. guess we'll see soon enough?

My first thought was "Hmmmmm, maybe the grind won't be that bad without real PvP competitive competition".

My second thought 5 seconds later then was "Oh no, if they really want to, CPU can be worse than the biggest pro gamer, or just cheat".

😅

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I have a feeling this will be a disappointment, even though I really don't want it to be. The gameplay I saw didn't look particularly great (though it was from beta), it's locked to portrait mode, and I'm now finding out there's no multiplayer.

Hopefully it ends up being fun to play.

Gold Pass Subscription Service Revealed
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart Tour - Gold Pass Detailed
uKOAD0z.jpg

200cc is locked to this. Oh Nintendo...

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, I think that the backlash will be huge, launching a mario kart without online multiplayer is madness.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
"Your log in request will be processed in the order it was received" and no indication of whether clicking the only button available is necessary to get in or if that resets your place in line lol.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
So, any idea on how it will impact the stock price ? Cause I expect a tepid reception... I may be wrong, but if the game is a success with its predatory economic model, its lack of mp, it would be a bad bad signal...

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
That Gold Pass sounds dreadful, especially seeing as they've locked 200cc mode behind it. $5/£5 a month?! GTFO of here, Nintendo.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
So, any idea on how it will impact the stock price ? Cause I expect a tepid reception... I may be wrong, but if the game is a success with its predatory economic model, its lack of mp, it would be a bad bad signal...
i think the worry is that its going to be massive success, for like a day, and people start realizing it has no multilayer and will cause quite an uproar

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I'm not even gonna bother on download this. It seems is an absolute mess to try to play right now. Kinda reminds me of Pokémon Go when it launched. Besides, the lack of multiplayer and those damn microtransactions are a huge turn off. What a way to screw things up with your most succesful series, Nintendo. Hope it doesn't end up being a fad and everyone forgetting about the game in a week or two. Kinda how it happened with Miitomo.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like Nintendo plans to annoy the customer so much with it's mobile games, that they rather just go buy a Switch with the real Mario Kart game.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
The Gold Pass for this ONE Nintendo mobile game (without multiplayer) is more expensive than their Switch Online Subscription. I really don't know what is going on at Nintendo anymore.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Works now, performance seems great, but Jesus f'n Christ, the controls are awful, I thought you have a digital joystick and give gas with the other hand but this swiping control feels like ass.

Also, you can't get off track at all? It's invisible walls everywhere?

Oct 26, 2017
The game seems to be quite bad? I mean it looks ok, and the performance is fine, but the actual game and the controls? Yiiikes.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got in too. Pulled Toadette and Peach for my first characters.

The drifting and controls are pretty hard to get used to at first.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Handling is terrible. You have to choose between only turning or only drifting, if I'm not mistaken. Drifting has advantages, but it's difficult to adjust the kart after exiting a turn. I'll give it some more time tomorrow.