• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, they're blowing all 7 Koopalings, Rosalina, Wario and two costumes on the next tour?

I feel like after that they only have one more batch of characters this size for Paris. What happens next?

They still have a handful of characters and tracks for Paris. After that though, we are out of content that we've seen from the beta and trailers.

My guess is that we do a round of repeats since Nintendo has hinted that we will return to New York with "renovations". (Ex: New track) That may buy them some time before we get to a fourth wave of content.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
They still have a handful of characters and tracks for Paris. After that though, we are out of content that we've seen from the beta and trailers.

My guess is that we do a round of repeats since Nintendo has hinted that we will return to New York with "renovations". (Ex: New track) That may buy them some time before we get to a fourth wave of content.
Still that's pretty exciting. We should be breaking the 8DX barrier by the third tour

Returning vets and new characters should be cool

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Just a quick reminder, here's the list of remaining characters from the Beta and/or trailers that have yet to be added.

Luigi*
Baby Luigi
Baby Rosalina
Waluigi
Lakitu
King Boo
Shy Guy (Chef)
Gold Mario*

*Currently in the game, but not available for regular use.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick reminder, here's the list of remaining characters from the Beta and/or trailers that have yet to be added.

Luigi*
Baby Luigi
Baby Rosalina
Waluigi
Lakitu
King Boo
Shy Guy (Chef)
Gold Mario*

We should also expect a second event character to go with Chef Shy Guy. But yeah this should be our third wave! :)

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Looking through New York Minute one last time, it looks like they designed it to have a couple alternate routes. They were already pretty liberal about moving the doodads around on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it and the other tour specific courses get revamped heavily in repeat tours.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
It was hard but I did it guys! More rubies for my goddess Rosalina.
EGaGSk2XYAIOPqT.jpg:large

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Can't wait for them to have to bust out the big guns and add Chargin' Chuck.

Holy fuck what if the gacha money makes them finally add King Bob-Omb to Mario Kart??!!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
We should also expect a second event character to go with Chef Shy Guy. But yeah this should be our third wave! :)

I have a feeling Gooigi might be in our future. King Boo might also be the feature character if they want to capitalize on Halloween.

Looking through New York Minute one last time, it looks like they designed it to have a couple alternate routes. They were already pretty liberal about moving the doodads around on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it and the other tour specific courses get revamped heavily in repeat tours.
Plus, we know that there are at least two unique New York and Tokyo courses, so it'll be interesting to see how they rotate all the various tracks.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Luigi*
Baby Luigi
Baby Rosalina
Waluigi
Lakitu
King Boo
Shy Guy (Chef)
Gold Mario*

I guess we haven't seen Paris Tour's second spotlight?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
How should MK Tour courses be abbreviated in future games

MKT New York Minute
MBL (Mobile) New York Minute

matter of fact I wonder how they'll do 8 tracks. Ignore the Wii U entirely

NSW Mario Kart Stadium

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Let's just assume Laktiu, Baby Luigi, Baby Rosalina, Luigi, Waluigi & King Boo all get added next tour and that crossover characters (except DK characters) either aren't happening or are being saved for much later on

We still have Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Pink Gold Peach (everyone's favorite!) from 8. Honey Queen has her emblem in the game already so they're probably already working on her. Then for vets we still have Paratroopa, Birdo, Petey, Funky Kong, & Wiggler. And maybe DK JR for a deep pull?

Nabbit has an emblem so he'll definitely be in at some point. And after that sky's the limit on mario characters. Off the top of my head:
-E. Gadd
-Boom Boom
-Pom Pom
-Kamek
-Madame Broodal
-The other 4 broodals
-King Bob-omb
-Mary O (let me dream)
-Viruses

All of the Odyssey NPCs would also make great Normal fodder, as would Luma and all of the enemies featured in recent HD mario spinoffs (Spike, Monty Mole, Goomba, Hammer Bro, Blooper, Piranha Plant, Chain Chomp). If we dig a little deeper we can also pull on ill Piantissimo, Toadsworth (remember toadsworth? weird how he was just dropped out of the series), Lubba, the assorted NPCs from those games. Could extend to more pulls on the DK universe too, Dixie Kong would at least be a no brainer even if they didn't want to grab K Rool. Other popular enemies, like charging chuck, also seem plausible to me.

And there's a ton more costumes to grab too. Odyssey has an endless suplly and they can just make anything uo tp suit a tour.

The big ideal is they start dipping into the Wario subseries. Wario Ware characters, Captain Syrup.....r-rudy i guess....just really lean into fanservice because lord knows that's the most interesting aspect of this game to me. I'd say the RPG subseries too but...........not...holding my breath.

Oct 25, 2017
How should MK Tour courses be abbreviated in future games

MKT New York Minute
MBL (Mobile) New York Minute

matter of fact I wonder how they'll do 8 tracks. Ignore the Wii U entirely

NSW Mario Kart Stadium

MKT sounds like the better idea considering the kind of platform mobile is ( no mobile 2, mobile U)
And it would be easier to differentiate if another mobile MK game is released in the future.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, which means it could be another brand new character. Pauline also wasn't shown until right when New York was imminent despite Musician Mario being in the reveal trailer.
What Mario character would fit I wonder

isn't Lake Lamode in Odyssey supposed to be France inspired? One of those Mermaids maybe.

if we get a tour based on a tropical island hopefully that can be Pianta and Noki chance to get in. Or Petey to return

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Sweet, just managed to get the last of the expiring challenges with like 30 minutes to spare.

Only had a few easy ones I just hadn't gotten around to: 3 hits with Yoshi's egg, collect 100 coins as a baby, and the 30 mini-boosts in a race.

That last one seemed hard, but I just had to bump a race down to50cc and it was easy.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
I... can't... believe... after 1 hour of grinding on Yoshi Circuit I GOT THE HORN CHALLENGE!

Now I'm all set for the next tour, gonna casually play the rank tour to see if I can get 600 points to get a 2nd place.

I'm just sad kimono Peach is first, I needed more time to get more rubies to pull her. I just hope I get lucky and snatch her since I didn't get Pauline.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

New tour trailer! Baby Rosalina and Lakitu are debuting this time too~

Rosalina's item might be interesting.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia

Wow they're really not holding characters back. Feels like we're gonna get everything in these first few tours then it'll be a drip feed of new featured characters.

Rosalina's item looks fun, Mario's looks hilariously bad.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

OK now I am just wondering if they're adding another 9 characters (assuming Lakitu is Normal) to the Normal pool so soon specifically because of complaints about the current state of it. Baby Rosalina & Lakitu being added already is surprising to me.

ROSALINAS ABILITY 😍😍😍😍😍

(Never played beta so don't know if this was known lol)
Rosalina's ability is brand new, in the beta she had the Boomerang flower

Wow they're really not holding characters back. Feels like we're gonna get everything in these first few tours then it'll be a drip feed of new featured characters.

Rosalina's item looks fun, Mario's looks hilariously bad.
I actually like Mario's ability. Spawning a ton of coins is basically a go-to "do you want to easily grind out the 300 coins today" character and a bunch of coins is a good way to add to the combo.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Rosalina will be the gold pass high-end, and maybe Bowser Jr and Lakitu will be the tour gift supers?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the karts also in the montage:
-biddybuggy
-clown car
-landship (was in the beta)
-cloud 9 (also in the beta)
-flame flyer (I think? the one wario is riding here and in the tweet)
-rosalina's star kart, which I think is brand new but based on the shooting star bike?
-the 2 new karts to go with the new mario & peach, though those will probably leave after the tour

really fleshing out the pool here on all ends

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Lol at that Mario ability, will be useless in frenzy, it benefits other characters and with that 300 coins cap per day... Any way I'm excited for Rosalina, Baby Rosalina and Lakitu.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the karts also in the montage:
-biddybuggy
-clown car
-landship (was in the beta)
-cloud 9 (also in the beta)
-flame flyer (I think? the one wario is riding here and in the tweet)
-rosalina's star kart, which I think is brand new but based on the shooting star bike?
-the 2 new karts to go with the new mario & peach, though those will probably leave after the tour

really fleshing out the pool here on all ends
Flame Flyer has been in since launch.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Some fucker knocked me to 4th last minutes. Now am Tier 6, instead of 7. Also lost a bigger prize pool, I hope they're happy now. Those 2-2 standard challenges are yawnfuckingtascular, just the last challenges by double.