• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
EGas7veUEAA74SL

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled the 10 pipe 3 times with hoarded gems and got an army of Iggy and Roy's along side both Rosalinas and Bowser Jr. so a small victory I guess.

I could be wrong but looking at the tour's gift contents alongside the reduced login bonuses but they seemed to have really reduced the amount of free gems for this one.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
This game is amazing. With more variety of characters and cars is a bit more difficult to pull the thing you want but the cups are much easier to deal with.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
How does this game expect me to use lightning 5 times when all I get in the lower places are mushrooms?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
So I downloaded the game and finished the first cup....and the game is actually quite good ? I really don't get all the hate it was getting from traditional gaming outlets.

Was expecting a mess but it looks, runs and controls great for a MK mobile game. Def. exceeded my expectations.

I would assume most casual players are very happy with this game. Good looking free MK in your phone ...what more do you need ?

My first pull after the initial cup win was Baby Peach though....guess you can't have it all lol.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Screenshot-2019-10-09-10-16-30-0844608578.png

Its something I guess? Total bullshit though, so many new pulls the RNG has to choose from, there is no way collecting them all will be feasible with free rubies. I have 10 3x rubies gifts and only 2 rubies left after this 10 pull, and challenge rubies are looking to be getting far more sparse as you play. Good lord Nintendo, its like you learned nothing from FEH.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Not even going to try this week's cup, got 0 spotlight racers so there's really no point.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well I managed to get Kimono Peach already with a re-roll, not much along with it though. Not sure if she's any good (wish her item was different), but I'll play the game a bit and see how I like it. For all I know, it's not something I'll even want to invest in, so it seems strange to aim for the best possible start right now.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh f*ck it's really Dry Bowser for the free gold pass high-end, I rerolled 4 full day for him and they give it for free.
Oh well, he'll be level 2.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh f*ck it's really Dry Bowser for the free gold pass high-end, I rerolled 4 full day for him and they give it for free.
Oh well, he'll be level 2.

High end level 2s have crazy bonuses, not a bad thing.
Upgraded my musician Mario to level 2 with the ticket, got 3000 points more in one of the challenge races and went up rank 2.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
My high ends from the ten-pull were Peachette and the Quickshaw. Not the greatest. The 20 rubies and other rewards for coming first in last week's Tier 4 ranking were gratefully received, though. Up to Tier 7 now so that might be the last time I win without paying to.

The new tour only cements how much I like this Mario Kart. Those who handed in their reviews early only played a fraction of the game. It was always hoped that the series would go the Diddy Kong Racing route but this is just as good if not better a solo experience IMHO. If you took away the mobile concessions (not being able to fall off the sides on Rainbow Road is so wrong), it would be a strong GOTY candidate for me. Still might be.

Even though it's now easy to get maximum stars on these new cups without trying, the EXP and challenges still require you put the effort in to grab first spot which prevents it becoming a grinding chore.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I still don't understand how gacha works. You all seem to take prizes after prizes, in the meantime I'm playing and getting 5 gems every 3 hours or something.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I still don't understand how gacha works. You all seem to take prizes after prizes, in the meantime I'm playing and getting 5 gems every 3 hours or something.

The Gacha part is when you spend 45 and only get shit, then you grind another 45 and only gets shit.
Then you say, come on, I'll pay 20 bucks for the special offer, pull another 10 and gets shit. 😁

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Got the pink Badwagon from the new pipe, really wanted it last tour and it seems just as great this tour. My most wanted piece :D

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I'd get Dry Bowser from the pipe now that I can get him for free. Oh well, I can't be mad at a higher frenzy chance!

Some of us were saving up rubies for over a week in anticipation of the new tour.

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
My high ends from the ten-pull were Peachette and the Quickshaw. Not the greatest. The 20 rubies and other rewards for coming first in last week's Tier 4 ranking were gratefully received, though. Up to Tier 7 now so that might be the last time I win without paying to.

The new tour only cements how much I like this Mario Kart. Those who handed in their reviews early only played a fraction of the game. It was always hoped that the series would go the Diddy Kong Racing route but this is just as good if not better a solo experience IMHO. If you took away the mobile concessions (not being able to fall off the sides on Rainbow Road is so wrong), it would be a strong GOTY candidate for me. Still might be.

Even though it's now easy to get maximum stars on these new cups without trying, the EXP and challenges still require you put the effort in to grab first spot which prevents it becoming a grinding chore.

Yes that's all I can think about when I play this is I hope they incorporate some of the things from this in a single player story mode for the next Mario Kart. The combo score attack system is fun and addictive and the bonus modes are surprisingly well done, the courses having multiple versions with different ramps and stuff is neat too.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
The Gacha part is when you spend 45 and only get shit, then you grind another 45 and only gets shit.
Then you say, come on, I'll pay 20 bucks for the special offer, pull another 10 and gets shit. 😁
Of course I'd get Dry Bowser from the pipe now that I can get him for free. Oh well, I can't be mad at a higher frenzy chance!

Some of us were saving up rubies for over a week in anticipation of the new tour.
lol ok thanks

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The new tracks are definitely harder by themselves I would say, not the AI. Manual drift is a must on stuff like Tokyo or Neo Bowser City. I have also been thinking, why is the Pipe Pull 1 piece only? I mean after today's update everything just straight up doubled, would it be so harmful for the pipes to be a set of driver, kart and and glider?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
New courses are awesome, especially the choo choo level. Shame Yoshi's Island is still here though.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Is it me or the AI got harder? Haven't managed to get a win on 150cc yet
Yeah, seems harder.

These Tokyo style courses are fantastic. Visually they look superb. These definitely need to make an appearance in the next mainline Mario Kart.

Okay so I did 15 pulls on the pipe. What did I get? Only one High-End, the Quickshaw kart.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It took my entire savings of rubies, but I did get Kimono Peach! Also got a tooon of new stuff in general through the pipe which has been fun. A shame the Koopalings are used so sparingly in the tracks right now, but I guess that's the curse of being common. Also was happy to see Lakitu was a super! He deserves it for his long service as the flagman.

Also, I think I noticed the Senso-ji track was actually barricaded off from the rest of Tokyo Blur? So this might not even be a case of locations like New York and Tokyo having "2nd unique tracks", but instead they become expanded with new routes in later tours.

Is it me or the AI got harder? Haven't managed to get a win on 150cc yet

Same here. I think ranking up causes the AI to get harder, but also the points for finishing in 1st go higher.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So they even got more stingy with the daily login rubies. Seems like the daily shop with coins is the only decent place to get stuff now.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SNES Mario Circuit 2 and Neo Bowser City showing up was a surprise since we hadn't heard of them prior to this.

So after all of this, what's waiting for us in the next tour will be:

Baby Luigi
Luigi
Waluigi
King Boo
Chef Shy Guy

DS Luigi's Mansion
DS DK Pass
DS Waluigi Pinball
Paris Promenade

There's probably going to be a Luigi's Mansion 3 tie-in given how most of the missing content is Luigi related now. lol