• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
It's really hard to keep playing with such a bad AI, everyone is super aggressive and always close to you. Everytime I want to restart a track, that stupid button gest covered by my android system.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Did 2 pulls on the new banner with every last ruby I had, only high-end thing I got was the Quickshaw but I got a nice spread of the new common characters so I'm not disappointed.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
lmao jesus christ the AI is out for blood all of a sudden

I'm on 3DS Mario Circuit and get item spammed all the way back to 7th. Use an item ticket because why not, I'm sitting on 36 of them, get back up to 1st... and immediately get item spammed back to 7th the second my Bullet Biil is gone. Then at the very end of the course before the big pipe, I get a red shell frenzy... and the second it ends, RIGHT before the finish line, Toadette does some big brain calculations to swoop directly front of me and smack me with the green shell she's dragging behind her. 7th place.

I still got 5 stars because lol the early cups but it was so absurdly cheap that I just had to laugh.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
GedRzsWIV2Lq6Cq-UzAQkyHs1MMaw3q0XRzAmVjoFwyjBdSGFk8wrpAIRm5EPoCQ5DR6yahoXimH5zMAz_nL8vWbmjxdiri8r0ThjvJidTChHuWOIVEHpGi1umrC60wSX71BBuMpnZcFc_JSZr5mQNgzSuYY3T0iAA7I1OtZQsNmUyUckVi3n4AkU0S9LYJtDAMQpum_bKIYys_WgMnUHtXPCoTvJX5eYEfFR-dTJ41mm43-aUD173zQAf4GAL7lg6pw5iIwks_9LzIK13fOMaL1KGp7M_kaDJyrNdizOBYFEhJfYXXcBHN8w17ofWhYEJI3EwaOPNtLyS506jgRDH7IjElEWNb-sPSciyDmKBfCM3DpXXXBb47C-hcO7ht7BBC-bA5_NSYEX8U8egS_CCVegJKvHHKWIR8nXivziwMaHNDVFs5aWHt4knNKxs42qUygrpweGttnf8uSDahm8AulykTfLSnEOqugkl4T5wid0KOs6oG_TyAzESHglwwS8d5jp-K26M-_EIUK5mtTlvnN9InEoiHH95zz_2Nulj3ezYyKB9oNcefe2Shaql2xTTST5XstbKUBemnyGsOZ9IEe1OlRGvg65Uu4lGbPeDHCLu27sRh7cBpJb9UuM2zH6ZiYbIhXxjWk3OarKSJKj9VtyGHtxaoXLy2tgA4puATd0IxWrcOiBgc=w296-h608-no

I was surprised I got Mario Hakama lol. Well this will make the the second week easier, I hope.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
cups 2 and 3 already hitting me with repeat courses from the last tour is a major bummer. Kind of sick of shy guys bazaar at this point

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
When/How can I use the quick ticket? Never saw the option to use and it's the only challenge left.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm done with the game. All it took was picking up MK8 and realizing how much more of a proper game with (good!) controls it is. Drifting into walls constantly and losing if any of the npcs hit you with a single item just sucks. It'd be better if the races were 3 laps

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
It's grown on me more than I expected - but the issues are still showing.
  • Controls aren't... great. They're fine. I've got used to the drifting off + smart steering off. Tried drifting again but it's not feeling great. The all or nothing just seems weird.
  • The incentive to go back in daily towards the end of a cup isn't there enough. I spent the last few days trying to grind up my scores on the ranking, and I managed to a bit, but you're replaying for minor gains or a bit of luck when you've hit the practical cap your current roster + a couple of frenzies can do. The fact they stopped doing login bonuses just seems crazy for a mobile game.
  • The AI frustrations. Things like how if one's in first place, it can somehow get half way round the course ahead, but if you're in first and get hit with one shell, everything else mysteriously catches up considerably to pass you in one go.

A few things I do like more...
  • The idea of the combo system. I don't know if I'd want it in main Mario Kart - or just in a mode of it's own, probably. But it gives it a single player feel the series hasn't had before. (yes yes mission mode, bring it back, but it's different to that)
  • The re-versioning of tracks. Both the reverse versions and the 'adding ramps' versions. I think it's a really clever way of getting more out of them and finding new ways to enjoy those environments.

I am ultimately left hoping that they just do more DLC for MK8D though. Hell - do it as a tie-in to promote MK Tour! Do a 'Tour' cup with NY, Tokyo, Paris, London, and you get a redeemable code for a handful of gems or whatever the currency is.

cups 2 and 3 already hitting me with repeat courses from the last tour is a major bummer. Kind of sick of shy guys bazaar at this point

I'm fine with Shy Guys Bazaar as I can score highly on it with the metal Mario and silver kart. But some of the other repeats, naaaaaaaahh bye Yoshi

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Tier 7 is gonna suck, right? lol
The way pipes work right now is this:
-each pipe has a spotlight focus on one high-end driver, kart & glider. If you were to do 100 pulls, you would be guaranteed to get them, but there is only 1 of each in the pipe
-separate from that, you can get 1 high-end driver, kart & glider from the non-spot-light High-End pool. You got Peachette, so you cannot get Pauline (or Dry Bowser, Metal Mario) out of the pipe.
-You can reset the pipe, which will refresh all the numbers and you could try for another high-end. But you still won't have control over which of the 4 it can be
This is the best explanation I've seen, thank you!
Great pull! Had a similar 10 pull myself. I can't complain :-D

yfDwqsB.png

U24Oqmu.png

rq6SJj6.png

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
OK the AI got super buffed, they're mega aggresive this time.
You literally get mudered, they take all the shortcut and manage to appear behind you all of a sudden despite being well ahead of them 10 sec before.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got Kimono Peach and a bunch of dupes from what might be my final 10 pull. (The previous one was all low-end dupes.)

Let's see if I can get Dry Bowser before my Gold Pass trial expires.

Deleted member 25140

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You all massively overhyped how bad the Mushroom Cannon is, just use it on a straight and it's an instant free combo + mega boost

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
I did 10 pulls with my daughter this morning and only got 1 new kart. My daughter is super bummed :(

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I've done 3 10 pulls total since the beginning of the game. 1 on the Pauline pipe, one on the musician Mario, and now one on Kimono Peach. I haven't gotten 1 high-end. But hey eh, I've got a lot of the super stuff. Just bought Wario in the shop too so that's cool. Just gonna try to keep saving. I'll probably give the Mario one a shot when he comes through, but then more saving for Waluigi. Hope I can get Dry Bowser before my pass goes away. Should have been buying quick tickets in the shop, only have 3.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Yikes. SNES Rainbow Road loses all of its appeal if you can't fall off the edge, lol.
I really wish they'd stop using the wobbly floor version from MK7 but i guess we've canonized it as this now

I also wish they'd stop using tracks from 7 in general, but I imagine it's the easiest for them to touch up and repackage for mobile.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's awful. :(

They added a ton of new common characters too, so it's really stupid that at least some of the new content isn't guaranteed.
Yeah. I feel like you should at least be guaranteed a Koopaling on your first pull, possibly a Biddybuggy as well for your second pull/as part of a 10 pull.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got 2 Wendys, two gold drivers I already had (Bowser and Diddy), and the rest were commons. :(

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
How have Nintendo still not added multiplayer yet? It is bad from a business and player perspective...

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
My favorite part of the game is how I can hit another racer with a shell (red or green) when they clearly have no items, the shell disintegrates and they keep trucking along without spinning out. If you're going to make the AI cheat, at least try to hide it from the player. Don't let them see it clear as day.

I saw the same shit happen in the console/handheld games, but it's way more infuriating now because I feel like I am battling the controls on top of hostile AI.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that the AI's prime meta is just holding shit behind them and just running into you with it. Going as far as swerving out of their way to do so. With the tracks being so tight in this game generally it works like way too well.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you see that star popping when you do a pull, hoping it's Kimono Peach but it's just fucking Dry Bowser.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't pulling until there's a character I like featured, even if it takes month. I'm used to hoard in other gacha games anyway.
203 rubies so far, I'll just look daily at the shop to complete the challenges.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I really wish they'd stop using the wobbly floor version from MK7 but i guess we've canonized it as this now

I also wish they'd stop using tracks from 7 in general, but I imagine it's the easiest for them to touch up and repackage for mobile.
Wobbly floor version allows you to do manual jumps on the wobbles to help increase the length of your combo.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Damn they got super stingy with the daily rewards. Get whale or get out.
Yup its pretty bad. They dont even offer a free daily pipe pull like all other gacha games do. And once the golden pass trial ends, its even a big hit for the coins and gems income.

Only good thing for F2P Players i see in the game, is that you can farm 300 coins every day, and any character (except feautured) can appear in the daily shop where u can buy them using the coins.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Yup its pretty bad. They dont even offer a free daily pipe pull like all other gacha games do. And once the golden pass trial ends, its even a big hit for the coins and gems income.

Only good thing for F2P Players i see in the game, is that you can farm 300 coins every day, and any character (except feautured) can appear in the daily shop where u can buy them using the coins.
None of Nintendo's games with gacha monetization offer daily free pulls. Just a slow trickle of currency.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels good to be at the top of my weekly pool again, but I know that's going to change once people are actually playing again lol.

Had some real bad luck with my first pull earlier. Not sure if I should wait for next week or even for Paris instead if rubies are going to be harder to come by so soon.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Four 10 pulls and no Peach in sight, but I got Dry Bowser and Swooper. Yay.... Oh well. Got more than enough time to save up for one last 10 pull before her spotlight is done.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Four 10 pulls and no Peach in sight, but I got Dry Bowser and Swooper. Yay.... Oh well. Got more than enough time to save up for one last 10 pull before her spotlight is done.
My second 10 pull was pretty poor but at least I hit on Ludwig which'll help me with the ranked cup. Now to wait for Bowser Jr. to show up in the shop...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I didn't realize every two weeks they do ALL new courses and cups, I thought we'd just get a handful of new ones and that would be it!

Also, I forgot to cancel the gold subscription, Soni guess I have a whole month now,but I canceled it so it shouldn't auto-pay for it again.