• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Annoying question with some annoying logic - I having been saving up coins to get to 12k on the off-chance one of the high-end characters I still need (Dry Bowser, Peachette) pop up in the shop. But if we assume the cups will follow a pattern moving forward, then I guess each new cup will have a High-End character in the Gold Pass presents like we did last time with Metal Mario and this time with Dry Bowser. And since we know spotlight characters aren't obtainable off-focus, then next cup will probably have Peachette. AND since spotlight characters can't appear in the shop, does it even make sense to save up anymore? Should I just buy Gold characters who I would be less likely to roll in the pipes anyway?

Basically, what are y'all doing with your coins and should I buy Rosalina who is staring at me intently today?

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Annoying question with some annoying logic - I having been saving up coins to get to 12k on the off-chance one of the high-end characters I still need (Dry Bowser, Peachette) pop up in the shop. But if we assume the cups will follow a pattern moving forward, then I guess each new cup will have a High-End character in the Gold Pass presents like we did last time with Metal Mario and this time with Dry Bowser. And since we know spotlight characters aren't obtainable off-focus, then next cup will probably have Peachette. AND since spotlight characters can't appear in the shop, does it even make sense to save up anymore? Should I just buy Gold characters who I would be less likely to roll in the pipes anyway?

Basically, what are y'all doing with your coins and should I buy Rosalina who is staring at me intently today?
If you want to keep the sub to gold pass, spending the coins in gold characters seem the better option. For someone like me that will let the gold pass expire, im saving coins for the high-end characters.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Does it bother anyone else that "quick ticket" lacks capitalization for either word unlike all the other items in the game? It bugs the absolute crap outta me for some reason here.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
This game was so much fun to play in the last Tour and I played a few cups of this one, and it feels like the CPU was switched to 'Very Hard' from 'Medium'

I was actively getting annoyed playing so I had to put it down. Seeing other people feeling the same makes me feel a bit better.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the 3 hairs challenge, are the only two characters for that Morton and Lakitu? Does Iggy count?

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Two 10 pulls. Got the glider at first and the kart on the second.... I want peach lol

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Just wanted to add I've seen two separate people on Reddit say they've seen Spotlight characters in the shop for 16,000.

I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's something to keep an eye out for at least.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if I should pull individual pipe pulls or wait for 10's? You only get one extra per nine.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly I wouldn't waste 12,000 coins in a single High End Character when I could buy 4 Supers with that money, or even cheap vehicles to level up them and help me to raise my score...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I literally cleared out the entire pipe of all High-End stuff. Ended up with Peach (Kimono), Mario (Hakama), Quickshaw, Badwagon, Purple Oilpaper Umbrella, Cloud Glider, and a bunch of new Normal and Super stuff I needed.

Of course this completely drained me of every single ruby I had, and required a lot of grinding and use of Quick Tickets to earn even more rubies, all of which were spent on the pipe. I went big and I scored big, but it will take awhile before I can do that again.

Thankfully I won't need to pull on the second Tokyo pipe now. I hope Shy Guy (Chef) is the second featured character of the next tour so I can save up again.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Wow... Are they kidding with the new 150cc difficulty?

Think of a way you can get fucked in the final turn and it will happen.

Dreading getting off to a terrible start? Worry not, they've got your back; they'll blow you so far out of the water, the blast actually vaporizes the whole lake. Un-fucking-real.

I feel terrible for people paying $5 a month for 200cc, which is probably even worse.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
I literally cleared out the entire pipe of all High-End stuff. Ended up with Peach (Kimono), Mario (Hakama), Quickshaw, Badwagon, Purple Oilpaper Umbrella, Cloud Glider, and a bunch of new Normal and Super stuff I needed.

Of course this completely drained me of every single ruby I had, and required a lot of grinding and use of Quick Tickets to earn even more rubies, all of which were spent on the pipe. I went big and I scored big, but it will take awhile before I can do that again.

Thankfully I won't need to pull on the second Tokyo pipe now. I hope Shy Guy (Chef) is the second featured character of the next tour so I can save up again.

Quit hacking! /s

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FWIW, the difficulty appears tied to your player level. The 150cc races on my kid's account are still super easy.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 17 and like I mentioned earlier have not noticed an increased difficulty
It could also be the rank group you've been placed in. I'm having zero doubts about the AI being player ghost data because i've seen bad item usage that i'm 99% sure is from the poor controls. Like unintentionally using items while trying to make slight adjustments to steering or throwing items outside the map while drifting. I've also seen AI immediately try to "snake" at the start of a race like a player trying to start a combo and I just saw the AI in 1st place in Kalimari desert drift into the sand.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Only hacking away my sanity and stash of rubies. I basically played for almost the entire day, squeezing every single spare ruby I could get.

Of course Peach (Kimono) was the only pull I really wanted, and guess who popped up last. (Second last technically, but the last kart came in the same pull.) I would of stopped if I got her early on, but by then I had already committed myself.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I just realized that there are literally 5 playable versions of Mario in this game right now, but Luigi is still not playable.

He's on the title screen ffs.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
They really need to add a control option to regular steer and do proper drifting at the same time. I can't play with the motion controls, turning the screen is disorienting on top of trying to drift. I don't know make it so sliding turns and double tap sliding drifts.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rocket start abilities seem to be the worst right? Like it benefits you once the entire race, not even that significantly, and if you can't manage to get and hold a combo off of it which is tough on a lot of tracks it's like a non-factor.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Currently sitting pretty in first on my leaderboard with 21k point. I'm sure that won't last though as only 5 people on my board have started the ranked cup so far.

Hopefully Bowser Jr and/or the lightning oilpaper show up in my shop this week.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
how in the heck are we supposed to get the lightening one.... I think I only ever got it once out of 5 billion races. Also, the AI seems to be really cheap this tour. Seems like i am getting screwed near the end constantly and never had any issues prior tour or in the beta.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
how in the heck are we supposed to get the lightening one.... I think I only ever got it once out of 5 billion races. Also, the AI seems to be really cheap this tour. Seems like i am getting screwed near the end constantly and never had any issues prior tour or in the beta.
I've gotten one this whole tour so...

...cross fingers and hope for the best?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Try to hang out around 6th place constantly. The new lightning oilpaper glider increases your chances of getting one.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say slip stream. At least a rocket start bonus is guaranteed.

At least you can potentially use that more than once though and it's decent for keeping combos going. Is one of the weaker ones though.

Seems like the divide between certain abilities though is pretty huge. Like the mini boost karts/jump boost/dash panel karts seem sooooo much better than those other options.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten one this whole tour so...

...cross fingers and hope for the best?
Do a track where you have a driver that can get 3 items and fuck up the rocket start and then just drift into walls the wrong way. That's what I did at least and it only took about 20 races, though I backed out of some if I got a bullet bill.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I picked Kalimari Desert with Morton (who gets 3 items), equipped the new lightning glider, and also kept veering off into the off-road areas whenever I could to slow myself down to 7 or 8th place. After a couple tries I had gotten enough lightning bolts to complete the challenge.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Currently sitting pretty in first on my leaderboard with 21k point. I'm sure that won't last though as only 5 people on my board have started the ranked cup so far.

Hopefully Bowser Jr and/or the lightning oilpaper show up in my shop this week.

Only 8 people have started in mine and I'm somehow in first with my first run 15.7k. I can probably win if no one has The high ends.
I just played Rainbow Road T and stayed in 8th for a few races. Took much less effort than hunting for super horns.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I just have 5.7k coins and I'm tempted to buy Lakitu and the Koopa Clown Car but I'm sacred Bowser Jr or Rosalina would appear in the shop and I wanted them too (the first for the ranked cup and the second cause she's the best character) Idk what to do guys!

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Do a track where you have a driver that can get 3 items and fuck up the rocket start and then just drift into walls the wrong way. That's what I did at least and it only took about 20 races, though I backed out of some if I got a bullet bill.
I picked Kalimari Desert with Morton (who gets 3 items), equipped the new lightning glider, and also kept veering off into the off-road areas whenever I could to slow myself down to 7 or 8th place. After a couple tries I had gotten enough lightning bolts to complete the challenge.
Only 8 people have started in mine and I'm somehow in first with my first run 15.7k. I can probably win if no one has The high ends.

I just played Rainbow Road T and stayed in 8th for a few races. Took much less effort than hunting for super horns.

Appreciate all the responses, I'll look into doing all these tonight and hopefully get it out the way asap.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I'm desperate for Hakama Mario. I think I'm gonna save my Ruby's until next week when he's the Spotlight. I've already got Kimono Peach.

His appearance when he's Spotlight rises to 1.35% from 0.34%. Thing is, when he's Spotlight, if you get him once then you can't get him again. Whereas if he's not Spotlight, you can get him multiple times (0.34% each time).

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'm desperate for Hakama Mario. I think I'm gonna save my Ruby's until next week when he's the Spotlight. I've already got Kimono Peach.

His appearance when he's Spotlight rises to 1.35% from 0.34%. Thing is, when he's Spotlight, if you get him once then you can't get him again. Whereas if he's not Spotlight, you can get him multiple times (0.34% each time).
That's not how that works. There's only one non-spotlight High-End character in the pipe. It doesn't matter if you got Dry Bowser or Hakama Mario: you're not getting any other non-spotlight High-End character out of that pipe unless you reset it.
If you want multiples to fill out his skill guage, you should still wait for the spotlight.

e:
basicall this is how pipes work, i think this is everything relevant
-There is a spotlight character, kart & glider. These are set in stone based on the pipe ie: Kimono Peach, Quick Shaw and Purple Oilpaper Umbrella. They have a little over 1% chance of showing up on a given pull. There is only one of these, per category, in the pipe so if you pull Kimono Peach then you'll never get another Kimono Peach out of the pipe unless you reset. They are guaranteed to be somewhere in that pipe if you keep pulling, it just no guaranteed when in those 100 pulls you'll get them. Resetting after pulling will let you get them again, following the same rules.
-There is 1 non-spotlight high end character, kart & glider you can pull at about .3% chance. While you are guaranteed to get your character, kart & glider if you keep pulling on the pipe, you cannot guarantee which one in each category you will get. If you pull Dry Bowser, then that's it, you cannot get Metal Mario, Peachette, Hakama Mario or another Dry Bowser without resetting the pipe.
-In contrast, the Super rarity has 9 characters, 7 karts and 4 gliders you can get. If you get Bowser, then you can keep getting Bowser up to 8 more times or you could get 8 different other characters. But once you pull 9 Super characters, that's it, you're not getting any more Super characters until you reset the pipe.
-The same applies to the 32 Normal characters, 26 normal karts and 16 normal gliders

Last edited:

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'm starting to think saving 450 rubies and doing the full 100 pipe is the best way to go.

Doing random pulls here and there will mostly get you trash, whereas having some willpower and saving will guarantee you 2 each of high end characters, karts and gliders.

Like I'm at 0 high ends off 180 rubies spent so far.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I just got Bowser Jr. in the shop, I'm broke with 900 coins but at least I have more possiblities in the ranked cup. I just need the thunderbolt glide and Peach Kimono or Mario Hakama to have all recommended, but I won't waste another pull this tour /:

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I managed to snag dry bowser, one or 2 days before the expiracy of my gold pass, phew... Now Let's see if i can grab that fancy ultra rare car...

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoo, the lightning oilpaper was in my shop today. With it I managed to break 11k on Kalimari Desert.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I'm desperate for Hakama Mario. I think I'm gonna save my Ruby's until next week when he's the Spotlight. His appearance when he's Spotlight rises to 1.35% from 0.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
That's not how that works. There's only one non-spotlight High-End character in the pipe. It doesn't matter if you got Dry Bowser or Hakama Mario: you're not getting any other non-spotlight High-End character out of that pipe unless you reset it.
If you want multiples to fill out his skill guage, you should still wait for the spotlight.

e:
basicall this is how pipes work, i think this is everything relevant
-There is a spotlight character, kart & glider. These are set in stone based on the pipe ie: Kimono Peach, Quick Shaw and Purple Oilpaper Umbrella. They have a little over 1% chance of showing up on a given pull. There is only one of these, per category, in the pipe so if you pull Kimono Peach then you'll never get another Kimono Peach out of the pipe unless you reset. They are guaranteed to be somewhere in that pipe if you keep pulling, it just no guaranteed when in those 100 pulls you'll get them. Resetting after pulling will let you get them again, following the same rules.
-There is 1 non-spotlight high end character, kart & glider you can pull at about .3% chance. While you are guaranteed to get your character, kart & glider if you keep pulling on the pipe, you cannot guarantee which one in each category you will get. If you pull Dry Bowser, then that's it, you cannot get Metal Mario, Peachette, Hakama Mario or another Dry Bowser without resetting the pipe.
-In contrast, the Super rarity has 9 characters, 7 karts and 4 gliders you can get. If you get Bowser, then you can keep getting Bowser up to 8 more times or you could get 8 different other characters. But once you pull 9 Super characters, that's it, you're not getting any more Super characters until you reset the pipe.
-The same applies to the 32 Normal characters, 26 normal karts and 16 normal gliders

Okay, so you're saying there's only TWO High-End characters in the pipe? The Spotlight plus one other. The Spotlight has a 1.3% chance and the other has a 0.3% chance. If you draw both of them then there's no more High-End until next week with the new Spotlight?

As I've already drawn Kimono Peach, I've still got one more High-End character left in the pipe, but it's only a 0.3% chance of drawing it. As I want Hakama Mario, my odds of drawing him slightly increase next week as he becomes the Spotlight character.

EDIT: In addition, if I empty my pipe of all Super and Normal items, then can I ONLY get High-End items with my remaining pulls, regardless of the appearance rate?? Does that 0.3% chance now increase as the remaining alternatives are gone?

So looking at my 'Quantity By Rarity' section, I've still got a total of 70 Super & Normal items that can come out of the pipe. Once I've drawn all of them then I can only draw High-Ends next. I've got 74 pulls left on the pipe.

Last edited:

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Was able to get Dry Bowser from the gold gifts before my free sub expired. Whoop!