• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't resub to the gold pass which sucks cause I'm gonna miss out on a high end kart cause of the issue with resubbing.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I still can't resub to the gold pass which sucks cause I'm gonna miss out on a high end kart cause of the issue with resubbing.
I haven't tried it myself but was planning on subbing the last day of the event. I cancelled the 2 week freebie awhile ago and am assuming you did the same? What kind of error are you being hit with?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't tried it myself but was planning on subbing the last day of the event. I cancelled the 2 week freebie awhile ago and am assuming you did the same? What kind of error are you being hit with?
yQEjeUyl.jpg

And when it happens I can't back out of it without closing the whole app

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Luigi was intentionally left out from day 1, I am guessing the Halloween tour was always in the cards. There may/may not be a new course to go with it but I think that's fine. The focus for new courses seems to be real world major cities, so spacing those out with other general themed Tours makes sense.

And I would be shocked if we didn't get halloween costume variants of characters as spotlights.

Yeah it was obvious the Halloween event was planned for a while since Luigi has been missing. I just mean that it may feel last minute if the developers didn't create any Halloween-related content exclusive to this game and are instead using series' past content for it. It would be madness though to put Luigi as a spotlight driver given how he "should" be in normal rotation and probably isn't high-end in rarity.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

King Boo confirmed, alongside a new spooky landship kart and one of the SNES ghost house tracks

Why do they always use that generic ass King Boo when they could be using this?

Considering King Boo is the main antagonist of Luigi's Mansion they should really stop using the more generic King Boo that they use for all the spin-off titles.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
King Boo (Luigi's Mansion) should be a spotlight driver while King Boo (Vanilla) is the super permanent option

Mar 26, 2018
I'm just disappointed in this game. I can barely feel the care to play it with how it's geared to the point and need certain carts and so much luck system. All in the name to hope and get more loot to buy more of it. What's the fun in this system

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was obvious the Halloween event was planned for a while since Luigi has been missing. I just mean that it may feel last minute if the developers didn't create any Halloween-related content exclusive to this game and are instead using series' past content for it. It would be madness though to put Luigi as a spotlight driver given how he "should" be in normal rotation and probably isn't high-end in rarity.
I mean given how lackluster the tour courses have been so far I don't think a last minute Halloween course would feel all that different.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean given how lackluster the tour courses have been so far I don't think a last minute Halloween course would feel all that different.

I'd prefer one to just not having them at all though. Even a new course that serves as cheap LM3 fanservice would be better since it could come back better as a Retro course in MK9.

I think the problem with the city courses has been a matter of the devs making a bad call rather than them not getting enough development time, particularly because the art assets that went into them are so detailed. If they would've combined the different paths into a single lap they would be a lot better, but as it is the layouts are way too short and basic all in the name of having something "new" on repeat tours.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Poltergust is great and all but give me my Dry Bomber god damnit. They have all the favorites in already, just that last one and they can move on to the later games for all I care.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i wish they'd revert the change from MK7 and put the portrait ghosts back in the track

it's so incredibly minor and doesn't matter at all but damnit i want that back.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
That's the big question. You'd think it's DK but nope.

Edit. Just remembered Wiggler use the brown colors in 7 so maybe it's him.
Based on past games only Wiggler and Miis in the DK suit used brown. Wiggler would be pretty cool, and I believe data miners have found files that point to potential Mii characters.

Of course anything could change, and we have to take into account new characters/alts too.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Kimono Peach's special is by far the worst of the game. I effectively am just helping everyone else in front of me.
Eh, Boost Ring is probably worse just because they affect more people than the mushrooms do.

You can hypothetically pick up all the mushrooms and prevent other people from getting the boosts themselves, but the ring sticks around regardless of if you hit it or not.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still no Wendy in shop, I don't think I'll be able to complete that challenge.
Same with Hakama Mario, stay behind one and get your combos rolling!

Oh for sure. I've only seen that a couple times though.
Also you don't have Kimono Peach or Peachette? The challenges work with them as well. I also am pretty sure Wendy was on the shop yesterday or the day before, unless everyone gets different ones.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for sure. I've only seen that a couple times though.
Also you don't have Kimono Peach or Peachette? The challenges work with them as well. I also am pretty sure Wendy was on the shop yesterday or the day before, unless everyone gets different ones.
Nah they're both high-end and I don't pull for now.
Everyone has indeed different shops, this is my current one

f15eccb9-3c1a-421b-a0o0kmr.png

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
Wario is in my shop today... Should I get him? I'm leaning toward no since tracks for him are pretty limited.

And Wendy showed up today too! I can finally complete tbe ribbon driver challenge.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
The problem with Spotlight characters is this.

They're too difficult to level up. They can only be levelled up via High End tickets once they've left the Spotlight. They don't appear in the shop and they're taken away from any pipe pulls once their Spotlight ends.

So for me, I need 2 Kimono Peach's to upgrade her to Level 4. I won't be able to get additionals out of the pipe after her Spotlight finishes, she won't appear in the Shop and High End Driver upgrade tickets are almost as rare. So she'll be stuck on Level 3 for the foreseeable future.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
This is my current score, there is F2P players and no ruby spent players like me :p

Will have to use some next Tour I feel like, plus I kinda want King Boo.
I'm F2P too but definitely not no rubies spent. 23,443 is impressive.

I'm currently sitting at 24,817 because someone suddenly jumped up 4k to take 1st over the weekend and I had to fight back.

I've been working on the 1-4 challenge card requirements even though I still need to meet the skill level 4 requirement but, someone's also posted the 1-5 card. I think these have distracted me from focusing on the ranked cup but I should be better prepared for the coming tour(s) because of it. At least that's what I keep telling myself ;-P

Standard Challenges 1-5 list
  • Use 50 level-boost tickets.
  • Get 100 items from the Daily Selects section of the Shop.
  • Raise 20 drivers' points to 600 or more.
  • Raise 20 karts' points to 300 or more.
  • Raise 15 gliders' points to 300 or more.
  • Raise 1 kart, driver, or glider to skill level 6.
  • Raise 3 kart, driver, or glider to skill level 5.
  • Raise 5 karts, drivers, or gliders to skill level 4.
  • Raise 10 karts, driver, or gliders to skill level 3.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Standard Challenges 1-5 list
  • Use 50 level-boost tickets.
  • Get 100 items from the Daily Selects section of the Shop.
  • Raise 20 drivers' points to 600 or more.
  • Raise 20 karts' points to 300 or more.
  • Raise 15 gliders' points to 300 or more.
  • Raise 1 kart, driver, or glider to skill level 6.
  • Raise 3 kart, driver, or glider to skill level 5.
  • Raise 5 karts, drivers, or gliders to skill level 4.
  • Raise 10 karts, driver, or gliders to skill level 3.
In 1 year i have that challenge card complete :P

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
What else does the gold pass include besides 200 CC and extra awards in the bonus boxes?

I got the free trial, but not sure I will renew it when the two weeks are up.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
What else does the gold pass include besides 200 CC and extra awards in the bonus boxes?

That's it, but the gold tour gifts include stuff like High-End racers and karts.

Edit: Oh, and the Gold Pass Challenges/Badges.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

The chance to win gold badges and make it easier to open more bonus boxes. They really should have the Gold Pass boost the pull chances or give us free stuff every week like carts and gliders.