• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
So, out of curiosity.
Has anyone seen DK or Luigi show up in the shop this entire tour?

I legit wonder if characters that show up in the "bundles" are removed from the shop pool. Can't say I remember seeing Diddy in the last tour either but saw him the microsecond the tour ended
Why the gold glider is worth to buy? Serious question
Gold Glider's item boost is the Coin, which by extnesnion increases chance of the Coin frenzy which is probably the best frenzy in the game.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Why the gold glider is worth to buy? Serious question
It gives you a greater chance to get coins (and therefore coin frenzies) and is a Tier 3 glider for 10 courses, the most of any glider in the game so far. It's also Tier 2 for a good chunk of them as well.
So, out of curiosity.

I legit wonder if characters that show up in the "bundles" are removed from the shop pool. Can't say I remember seeing Diddy in the last tour either but saw him the microsecond the tour ended
I bought Rosalina from the shop last tour.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in a weird spot on gliders:

- I have no high end gliders at all
- I have EVERY non-high end glider
- I have them all maxed out on EXP
- I don't really need to pull from the pipe again until Paris starts
- I have 5k+ gold, but nowhere near 10k (which is what a high end glider would cost if it showed up in the shop, which never happens anyway)

T15VJBP.jpg

soooooo... that means that every day as I play through my available EXP, it's definitely wasted on the glider slot. I literally can't gain any EXP on gliders at all, for at least 5 days (it's been three like this, and two more to go). 🤷‍♂️

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
So, out of curiosity.

I had Luigi in my shop this tour.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
The main appeal of the Gold Glider is that it has the largest amount of favored courses of any glider currently. Ten 3x courses and six 2x courses.
xpo6Smf.jpg

Edit: Beaten. Swooper has been pretty reliable, too. Just have to save up for Cloud Glider now.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Did they fix the bug for resubbing to the Gold Pass? I'm planning on subscribing again after tonight's reset.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Did they fix the bug for resubbing to the Gold Pass? I'm planning on subscribing again after tonight's reset.
I was able to sub just fine right now.

Fortunately, that sub gave me just enough rubies to get me LM King Boo and the spotlight glider (I got the spotlight kart a while back)! I'm glad they weren't at the very bottom, but 80 pulls is kinda unlucky. Thankfully, I highly doubt there will be any characters that I desperately want (GIVE ME E. GADD NINTENDO) that will show up again as spotlight ones in the near future, so I can start saving rubies again.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Probably for coin frenzy
Gold Glider's item boost is the Coin, which by extnesnion increases chance of the Coin frenzy which is probably the best frenzy in the game.
It gives you a greater chance to get coins (and therefore coin frenzies) and is a Tier 3 glider for 10 courses, the most of any glider in the game so far. It's also Tier 2 for a good chunk of them as well.
The main appeal of the Gold Glider is that it has the largest amount of favored courses of any glider currently. Ten 3x courses and six 2x courses.

Oh that's cool, thank you so much for your replies. Thay glider would be really helpful. I'll try to save some coins to get it in the future, it was available to buy in my shop like two days ago so I think I won't see that glider again too soon...

And another day without Donkey Kong in my shop... but I just need one grand star more to get the last gift so I'm ok, it's not worth. I'd rather save those 3000 coins for a character I really want in the next tour or some gear that would be helpful in future ranked cups or challenges. I can't wait to for Paris, I hope we got some newcomers or veterans like Honey Queen Bee and Wiggler.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I was able to sub just fine right now.

Fortunately, that sub gave me just enough rubies to get me LM King Boo and the spotlight glider (I got the spotlight kart a while back)! I'm glad they weren't at the very bottom, but 80 pulls is kinda unlucky. Thankfully, I highly doubt there will be any characters that I desperately want (GIVE ME E. GADD NINTENDO) that will show up again as spotlight ones in the near future, so I can start saving rubies again.
Thanks. It worked for me too.

Side note: I can't do the ultra boost challenge at all. I'm only able to squeeze out 7-8 at the most. :/

Edit: Finally got it.

Last edited:

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Dammit!! Two days to go and I've been pushed into 2nd place on my rankings. 1st place is ahead by over 4,000 points!!! Where did he find that from??? That's 5 Ruby's I'm missing out on.

Also I was highly expecting the Paris Tour to feature Painter Outfit Mario!!

DNUjAxxVoAAFI8x.jpg

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, rushed to get to skill level 4 adter getting thw final box, got my rubies aaaaand did not get king boo. Got his kart instead. Also mario and thw shell glider so not like...a loss....but man I wanted king boo so bad.
I might do two singlw pulls since I have some spare rubies. Knowing my luck I'll get halloween rosalina though

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
After thinking about it a bit, I decided that if I can't get DK by Tuesday, that I won't get that $40 deal. The only thing I'll get from completing that challenge board would be a Quick Ticket, a DK badge, and 300 coins (2 rows completed for 50 coins each + 200 coins from surplus Grand stars). DK is basically the only valuable thing from that purchase and is absolutely not worth that much lol.
This has me thinking that your problem is similar to mine. Luigi has not been in the shop but he is available in a pack as well. Maybe a driver's chance of showing up in the shop gets nerfed when they're in a pack?
I had Luigi in my shop this tour.
He's the only non high-end I've been waiting for to show up in my shop.
CIaUCcq.png

Dammit!! Two days to go and I've been pushed into 2nd place on my rankings. 1st place is ahead by over 4,000 points!!! Where did he find that from??? That's 5 Ruby's I'm missing out on.
I'm in the same situation. If I don't improve it'll be the first time I don't rank first 🙁

Any suggestions from anyone here on where I have the most room to improve and any tips how, haha. Thanks!

BR1nLqH.png
dyR7BTv.png

I caved and decided to do a ten pull on each pipe in an attempt to hit on anything to help with improving my ranked cup score. This is one of those pulls:
3dCopkp.png

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Think about it this way, jadedpony : you will still move up 3 tiers at the end of it. After that, you'll only be 1 away from tier 20, where the prize pool will likely increase again.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
How do you guys get almost 10K in Neo Bowser City? I couldn't even hit 7K
I got 12k. You just need a couple of frenzies (preferably coin) and some luck to have them trigger over the more barren parts of the track. Bowser is a freebie for this tour so you have that covered.

Obviously, a tier 3 kart and glider are also important. Fortunately, there are Super options for both (and I think one of the Tier 3 High-Ends was available with a Gold Pass from a previous tour).

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
35k is....annoying. I was so happy for finally breaking 30.
Yeah I think the group RNG finally caught up to me, lol.
Think about it this way, jadedpony : you will still move up 3 tiers at the end of it. After that, you'll only be 1 away from tier 20, where the prize pool will likely increase again.
That's a good way to look at it. I guess I'll have to adopt that mindset. I probably have a couple hundred left on the table but not 5k, hahaha:
sOkOcjw.png

How do you guys get almost 10K in Neo Bowser City? I couldn't even hit 7K
I have Boweser [630], Black Circuit [400] & Wario Wing [330]. I know that I got two frenzies. One coin and probably one banana. I just try to pick up every coin on the course along my normal line and then turbo in between items, jumps or coins. What's most frustrating is waiting to luck into a frenzy and hopefully a good one at that.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same situation. If I don't improve it'll be the first time I don't rank first 🙁

Any suggestions from anyone here on where I have the most room to improve and any tips how, haha. Thanks!
I have 9k at ghost valley, 15k at daisy, 11k at neo. Idk where I can get an extra 2k from lol.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of Twitter news has me pretty bummed that Paris won't bring much new. Only expecting the spotlight content to be what's new instead of more going into the regular pipe.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
The lack of Twitter news has me pretty bummed that Paris won't bring much new. Only expecting the spotlight content to be what's new instead of more going into the regular pipe.
If we dont get new 3 and 4 star racers, I'm really going to have less incentive to do my daily grind. Saving for new characters is much more motivating than karts and gliders, and I really don't want to depend on RNG to get excitement out of the game.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If we dont get new 3 and 4 star racers, I'm really going to have less incentive to do my daily grind. Saving for new characters is much more motivating than karts and gliders, and I really don't want to depend on RNG to get excitement out of the game.

Same, the draw of new content is necessary to keep interest in the game going. I worry that once we start getting return tours like New York and Tokyo that the game will become less interesting to check in on.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I have Boweser [630], Black Circuit [400] & Wario Wing [330]. I know that I got two frenzies. One coin and probably one banana. I just try to pick up every coin on the course along my normal line and then turbo in between items, jumps or coins. What's most frustrating is waiting to luck into a frenzy and hopefully a good one at that.
Do you have any skill level up tickets you could use? The bonus points boost makes a big difference. Another tip is to use item tickets for an extra chance at a frenzy, or just to extend your combo. If the run isn't looking good, you can close the app before the race finishes to get the item ticket back. This comes at the expense of player level exp., so it's best to do this when you're at 0%.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Same, the draw of new content is necessary to keep interest in the game going. I worry that once we start getting return tours like New York and Tokyo that the game will become less interesting to check in on.
I at least hope by the time we get reruns that there are:
A. New awards for those who already played them
B. A New tier of harder "expert" races that we can play if we've been in it since the beginning

Another thing I would like them to take from other gacha games are the free characters you can earn once a month if you get enough points in a certain mode (maybe multiplayer?). I just agree that I am also worried it's gonna dry up quick.

edit: Even if like once a month there was a challenge and if you hit enough cumulative points you get a different color Yoshi, or Shy Guy, or something.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Did the last 10 pull I'm going to be able to do on the Halloween pipes, saw a gold one and thought I might finally get lucky...

screenshot_20191104-1yyjtu.png

This game tests my patience at every turn.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really pay much attention to the time of the posts for the last tour but I thought most of the twitter updates regarding the upcoming tours were done within the last 24hrs of the current one?
The paris tour only having the spotlights and a handful of other additions would kind of be a bummer in terms of content amount but having a tour to stock up on gems and have a greater chance of leveling up some current gear wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for me.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
I have 9k at ghost valley, 15k at daisy, 11k at neo. Idk where I can get an extra 2k from lol.
At least I know I might have a couple of grand left on each course 😕
Do you have any skill level up tickets you could use? The bonus points boost makes a big difference. Another tip is to use item tickets for an extra chance at a frenzy, or just to extend your combo. If the run isn't looking good, you can close the app before the race finishes to get the item ticket back. This comes at the expense of player level exp., so it's best to do this when you're at 0%.
All good suggestions. I've used all of the ones that I have on hand but I didn't sub to gold pass so I've left a handful on the table because of that. I used up all those item tickets too early trying to get frenzies. I've stayed away from closing the app at all to bail from races but maybe I should start to in certain instances. Thank you for the tips!
Did the last 10 pull I'm going to be able to do on the Halloween pipes, saw a gold one and thought I might finally get lucky...
That is a cruel joke 🤨

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be pretty surprised if Paris only had Peach's alt and Chef Shy Guy, with their respective karts/gliders and Paris Prominade. I think they're just trying out different methods of reveals.
Like Tokyo started with Wario w/ Kalimari Desert, then Rosalina w/ Star Road SNES, then suddenly they drop a "newspaper" showing off all the koopalings and Bowser Jr then the trailer itself with the alts, the course and bab yroslaina and lakitu.
Then with Halloween they showed off Luigi & Waluigi but saved almost everything for a "mario kart tour channel" update with the other characters and spotlights.
Now we're in Paris and they spaced out talking about the course, Peach and shy guy (who i assume will be the focus tonight), but extraneous stuff not shown off.

anyway I managed to get to 21 gems off the 4th challenge board and got nothing of note. I knew it was a long shot but I just...really...wanted....lm king boo.....
Actually low key hope Paris & whatever is next doesnt have a lot I want so I can just save up the gems again. I think Christmas will have some cool stuff

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Got my boy, Roy, in the shop today and had to buy him. I'm trying to strategically buy characters with unique attributes or items, and I just know one day there'll be a a challenge requiring someone with shades. Meanwhile, I have baby Mario and baby Daisy, so I figure I can safely ignore the other babies. Similarly, I have metal Mario so I'm hoping I never need regular Mario for a challenge.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Racer Toad is cute. Feels like a new permanent high end/ Maybe the gold pass bonus too?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I am a little shocked we don't seem to be getting any of Birdo, Honey queen or Nabbit honestly. Still kind of wonder if the full force Tokyo Tour additions were meant to be spread out but they wanted to address the summoning pool concerns sooner than later

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
That's a disappointing trailer.

If the content rollout is going to wind down I wonder how much the player base will drop.

If we're not getting many more characters I'm about ready to categorise this game as 'finished' and drop it.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

That's a disappointing trailer.

If the content rollout is going to wind down I wonder how much the player base will drop.

If we're not getting many more characters I'm about ready to categorise this game as 'finished' and drop it.
I think you're getting way ahead of yourself there. Most gacha games introduce 3-5 new characters per event. That's how they make money.

The Tokyo Tour was an anomaly.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
So the first week pipe with Peach in it will go for the entire tour again then huh? That's nice since it means I won't have to struggle pulling together a bunch of gems to try and get the high end need to do good in the weekly cups.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird to see waifuism from Nintendo when it comes to Mario Kart.
I feel like it comes with the territory of being a gacha, but yeah a kart game, especially Mario Kart, seems like the oddest place for it.

I'm just more happy that with a single pipe lasting the whole tour I can do all my pulls on that specific one rather than like 3 10 pulls the first week, then 1-2 on the second. Increases the odds of getting at least one of the tour highends while f2p to an extent.