• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Ewww mushroom cannon... Idk if I want Chef Shy Guy anymore. Paris looks like a pretty barebones tour compared with the others, I hope we have some surprises, if not, it's our perfect opportunity to farm coins and fill the gaps in our kart and characters collections.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Welp, no DK means I can't complete that last tour challenge. Shame.

I did learn something today, though. I knew before that the game tracks if you destroy a Blue Shell with a Super Horn, and you get like 100+ points from that. However, the game also tracks if you dodge a Blue Shell with a Mushroom, and it gives you a lot of points for that as well.

Which means... since the game explicitly tracks these actions, it is entirely possible that they could one day show up as a challenge that you need to complete. ._.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Welp, no DK means I can't complete that last tour challenge. Shame.

I did learn something today, though. I knew before that the game tracks if you destroy a Blue Shell with a Super Horn, and you get like 100+ points from that. However, the game also tracks if you dodge a Blue Shell with a Mushroom, and it gives you a lot of points for that as well.

Which means... since the game explicitly tracks these actions, it is entirely possible that they could one day show up as a challenge that you need to complete. ._.
Please don't will things like that into the universe. I'm still reeling in my ptsd from the squash three drivers challenge

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
No Donkey Kong for me... but I was able to redeem all the gifts already without spend any star ticket. Oh well, I''ll try to save some coins for the next tour and buy the characters I still need (Luigi, Waluigi, Donkey Kong and Baby Peach) cause I don't want to have another unfinish challenge board... Also, I need to buy more Koopa Troopa Karts to raise the level to 5 and complete another board ):

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a good tour to save currency. They're both ok, but unneeded in my currrent pool I think.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, Pit Crew Toad is a pretty cool surprise. Will try to get him eventually. I am a bit sad this could imply Captain Toad isn't happening for a while though since that's my most wanted character.

Also no new tracks aside from Paris... I'm wondering if DK Pass will actually be the Christmas Tour track since it's the only one revealed not in the game yet.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The Gold Pass was nothing special, but those 2 free weeks of owning it were so good it ruined my experience with the game. Somehow. Right now not even bothering with making 1st place in the rankings, badges seem to recycle so I'm not too worried I'll miss out on exclusives, and honestly until I buy a gold pass again I'm just gonna go with the flow on cruise control doing the bare minimum and just enjoy the game. Otherwise I'm gonna drop it fast, kinda like how I barely bother with PM now after a strong first month.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
On one hand, Pit Crew Toad is a pretty cool surprise. Will try to get him eventually. I am a bit sad this could imply Captain Toad isn't happening for a while though since that's my most wanted character.

Also no new tracks aside from Paris... I'm wondering if DK Pass will actually be the Christmas Tour track since it's the only one revealed not in the game yet.
How is DK Pass's special item box going to work in this game, do you think? It can't give out Stars anymore.

Nov 26, 2017
Welp, I wasted my last 25 rubies in a desparate attempt to get halloween Rosalina... and nothing. I have literally not obtained a single new worthwhile part/racer in any of my pulls for this tour. FML

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Welp, I wasted my last 25 rubies in a desparate attempt to get halloween Rosalina... and nothing. I have literally not obtained a single new worthwhile part/racer in any of my pulls for this tour. FML
Bad! I am torn. I also haven't gotten a single high-end racer this tour and the Rosalina pipe is currently sitting at 43/100. I could do five more pulls tonight after we get the ranked rubies, but maybe I should just save. I guess at this point I don't need any halloween guys because the tour is over, and finally getting a coin block character next tour would be nice, but I would have much higher chance with Rosalina. I'm sure whatever I choose will be the wrong choice!

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot-20191105-124813-Mario-Kart.jpg

I was at 35k for at least 4 days, then 2nd place did a last minute snipe and took top spot. Glad I had room to improve on my Neo Bowser City record. They better not do it again tonight. lol

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, what's the difference between 150 and 200? I didn't feel like it was a huge spike in difficulty like it was on MK8.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
First tour I won't beat all the expiring challenges.

I probably COULD if I really wanted to, but the flatten drivers one I just don't want to go through the bother of doing it, of the hit 5 people with one bomb. I know there's a specific place to do it easily, but neither of the rewards are worth it to me (a cup unlock token and a gold coin race, yawn)

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, how good is Mario Hakama for combos, using his Coin Block in a race where he's not a 3 item character? Maybe I should pull for Vacation Peach if the item is good for combos...

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe i went 14 days without seeing DK in the shop

i' glad there's probably no other chararcters coming outside of the 3 i know about so i have another shot at filling in the holes

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Someone beat my 1st place score, but I managed to get back in forget place... by only 6 points, haha.

1st: 28,715 (me)
2nd: 28,709

I'm trying to get it higher just to be safe.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
With only hours to go I managed to get 30,580 on this weeks Tour Cup. Putting me in first place. Yes!! Let's hope my nearest rival doesn't improve.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I was in first until a few days ago and then someone put 3k between me and them. I have tried and tried and cannot seem to up my scores any higher. I am also without 3x gliders for two races, so that doesn't help.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I was in first until a few days ago and then someone put 3k between me and them. I have tried and tried and cannot seem to up my scores any higher. I am also without 3x gliders for two races, so that doesn't help.
Yeah I'm without a 3x glider for one of the races. Just improved my score to 31,831. It really is all about Coin Frenzy's.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's infuriating.
I had the best run on Daisy Cup I've ever had. two coin frenzies AND a shell frenzy except on the final lap i just barely hit the blue balloon wrong, i cant get onto the roof and the time it takes me to correct i fall to third and come 400 points of my best score when it should have been an EASY 14000+

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
feel like the cpus have picked up enough good tricks from players, ghost valley is really cut throat. If enough of them get a mushroom to take the start of lap shortcut it is over, you are in 5th and you are not recovering in the like 10 seconds of track left over

e: Remember in the beta when gliders didn't just increase the rate of items it let you start with it

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I've only gotten ONE rare pipe in all of my time playing since launch. I only reset the pipe once :(

Super big sad.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My final 5 rubies before the turn over got me Luigi's Mansion King Boo!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nov 26, 2017
I'm going to use my winnings from the ranked cup to try one more time at getting halloween rosa, wish me luck everyone

EDIT: And it was all junk commons that I already own. gfdi

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Metal Mario is (again) the reward for Gold Pass members /:

Edit: But the new Toad is a Super character! Yay!

And of course FREAKING DONKEY KONG is available today in my shop.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
"Finish a race by crashing over the finish line 3 times."

Wow, this is actually the dumbest challenge yet in terms of what it's asking the player to do. Fortunately, there's a way to do this without needing to rely on sheer dumb luck: lay a banana peel on the side of the road just before the finish line (so the CPUs don't run into it) on lap 1, then run into it at lap 2.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so I'm not the only one with DK in the shop. Hhhhmmmmm 🤔

EDIT: Pulled the pipe 20 times, no high ends but I got Wario at least so that clears one of this tour's character challenge I guess

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Was this always a thing they showed? Also noticed that Wario is mysteriously missing from the driver list the moment a short sleeve challenge shows up lol.
1IziwFkg.jpg
That was definitely not there before. That's some grade-A bullshit for making it impossible to get characters needed for challenges unless you do a pipe pull (which is now the only way to get Wario because there's not even a purchasable option for him).

And, of course, I don't have him unlocked. Same with Waluigi. The only character I actually can unlock through the shop now is DK. Guess I'm going another tour without completing a challenge, so thanks for the heads up I guess, Nintendo.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong that I blew through all the races As fast as I could to be the first one in my ranked cup? I'm sitting at 1st with 7,930 and it's a 19 way tie for 2nd with 0. 😁