• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
I've had it happen a lot.
Just realized it is to make up for all the times you get a frenzy on your last item box and then immiedately finish and get none of the points you should have.

edit: weird that we haven't even gotten a tease of new additions for Wednesday. Probably smart to keep my expectations at zero. Santa Mario and Reindeer Yoshi here we come 😔.

Last edited:

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
"You can now earn bonus points for finishing a race in frenzy mode"

Seems hard to consciously do.
Can't wait to see this one on the next challenge card x5.

Tonight seems to usually be when we got some sort of peak at what's to come. Not expecting much but it'd be nice to see maybe more than 3 drivers this time, even if two will probably just be alts.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I feel sorry for the people having problems with the game after the update but I'm glad this happened cause they are probably give away some free rubies for the incoveniences, muahaha.

I remember once I got a frenzy mode with coins in the last item box at the end of a race, it was very annoying not being able to get all the points because the end of the race interrupted the streak so this new bonus is very welcome.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sat on 43 gems with no chance of earning more this tour. Is it worth buying 3 more and trying to pull Vacation Peach or should I keep them for the next tour?

I'm enjoying playing, but I'm telling people not to start unless they want to pay for gold. You cannot be competitive without it due to the additional items and challenges. Also, Gatcha at its finest. The system of changing the tiers for every race has added a requirement for items beyond ascetics, added with the progression of the challenges makes for an addictive grind.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes at the patch being broken on Android. Guess I'm waiting on this one until Wednesday.

I'm sat on 43 gems with no chance of earning more this tour. Is it worth buying 3 more and trying to pull Vacation Peach or should I keep them for the next tour?

I'm enjoying playing, but I'm telling people not to start unless they want to pay for gold. You cannot be competitive without it due to the additional items and challenges. Also, Gatcha at its finest. The system of changing the tiers for every race has added a requirement for items beyond ascetics, added with the progression of the challenges makes for an addictive grind.

Wait until tomorrow if you can. Once we get info on what's coming in the winter tour you can make a decision whether to save for the next tour or do a pull for Vacation Peach.

Ossom

Oct 31, 2017
Yikes at the patch being broken on Android. Guess I'm waiting on this one until Wednesday.

Wait until tomorrow if you can. Once we get info on what's coming in the winter tour you can make a decision whether to save for the next tour or do a pull for Vacation Peach.

Thanks. That coin box looks great and so I wouldn't want to miss out on that. I've had 30 pulls this tour and had no high end items.

NickHyde

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh. This is the second tour I have played and I managed to pull nothing good from the tubes :(
I regret not spending those rubies on gold rush. Also anybody wanna help ne with the 3x friend achievement?

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK

Wait for the next Tour. I know they got that £1.99 special. 3 Ruby's and 5 tickets. But I wouldn't bother so close to the next tour.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a surprise but Paris Promenade has officially been renamed Paris Promenade 1 in the tour.

Yeah, expected since we know the tracks are built with alternate versions in mind. Although I'm curious if this could mean that they run "Paris Promenade 1" alongside "Paris Promenade 2" in the same tour in the future.

Nadam23

Oct 8, 2019
Nobody's commenting on the control changes? There's now a button at the bottom that either says drift or steer depending on which control style you have turned on. I'm still playing like I always do with manual drift, but now I'm accidentally hitting the steer button sometimes. Maybe this will fix the complaint that newcomers had that you couldn't steer and drift separately.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody's commenting on the control changes? There's now a button at the bottom that either says drift or steer depending on which control style you have turned on. I'm still playing like I always do with manual drift, but now I'm accidentally hitting the steer button sometimes. Maybe this will fix the complaint that newcomers had that you couldn't steer and drift separately.

I haven't downloaded the update yet. So is the button a toggle that lets you switch between both styles?

This sounds mixed to me. On one hand it's cool you can do both, but it may lead to accidental button presses when using items. Actually, frenzies sound awful with this setup if you don't have auto item turned on...

Last edited:

Nadam23

Oct 8, 2019
I haven't downloaded the update yet. So is the button a toggle that lets you switch between both styles?

This sounds mixed to me. On one hand it's cool you can do both, but it may lead to accidental button presses when using items.

No not a toggle, it is just the opposite of which ever control style you have turned on. So if you have manual drift turned off the button says drift so you can steer and then click it to hop and start drifting. If you have manual drift turned on it says steer so you can steer a little better on straightaways when you don't want to be drifting.

I'm so used to the way it used to be that I don't bother pressing it, but I could see how it could help.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
For me it take some time to getting used to. Because I actually use the back camera a lot. But it's nice to have this. Also I feel like this change make me using manual drift a little bit better.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
No not a toggle, it is just the opposite of which ever control style you have turned on. So if you have manual drift turned off the button says drift so you can steer and then click it to hop and start drifting. If you have manual drift turned on it says steer so you can steer a little better on straightaways when you don't want to be drifting.

I'm so used to the way it used to be that I don't bother pressing it, but I could see how it could help.
I am really good at drifting manually, hitting people with shells, getting the coins, etc, but I am weirdly bad at staying straight on the road in order to run over dry bones or get all the coins in coin rush. I could see myself using the button in those instances.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am really good at drifting manually, hitting people with shells, getting the coins, etc, but I am weirdly bad at staying straight on the road in order to run over dry bones or get all the coins in coin rush. I could see myself using the button in those instances.

Same here. Drifting is second nature but straight lines are really tough for some reason.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
FINALLY got Shy Guy (Pastry Chef). He made me practically drain the entire pipe, being the last of the six High-Ends to appear. My ruby stash is absolutely decimated, so hopefully the Winter tour doesn't have anything tempting.

Luckily (comparatively), I got the Gold Glider for my off banner glider, and I got the Macharon as my off banner kart, both of which I wanted. No off banner Peach (Vacation) though.

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
Get bonus point for cross the finish line with Frenzy mode which helped me to get the high score for 5th star. I like this change!

However, I still haven't got 50 coins in one course though... Which course do you guys use to complete that challenge?

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Get bonus point for cross the finish line with Frenzy mode which helped me to get the high score for 5th star. I like this change!

However, I still haven't got 50 coins in one course though... Which course do you guys use to complete that challenge?

How many points you got with the new bonus?
Try with Paris Promenade R using a Frenzy character, this is the one I'm using this tour to farm coins, is pretty easy to got more than 40 coins and with the bonus you can easily reach 50.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017

Santa Mario, Pink Gold Peach and Black Shy Guy are the new drivers. Looks to be the same amount of karts and gliders as the Paris Tour too with only DK Pass being the new track.

Dry Bowser is also the gold pass driver again so it seems like they are just gonna rotate those 3.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
San

Santa Mario, Pink Gold Peach and Black Shy Guy are the new drivers. Looks to be the same amount of karts and gliders as the Paris Tour too with only DK Pass being the new track.

Dry Bowser is also the gold pass driver again so it seems like they are just gonna rotate those 3.

This all feels like an even bigger bummer than the amount of content in Paris. One recolor one existing character and another Mario alt no one asked for.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Another Peach! Yay! The less boring character is Santa Mario but his special sucks lol. I'm gonna save my rubies again.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK

Oh shit! I got 250 Ruby's saved up. Santa Mario is predictable...but I gotta have him!!

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling the Shy Guy/Yoshi alts were inevitable since even the first tour.

This is the second tour now though where the only new drivers have been alts (With Shy Guy getting two in a row) while former series characters like Birdo, Petey, and ParaKoopa have continued to be skipped which is making me really wonder if alts are gonna it from here on out. Especially since both new drivers to the series, Peachette and Pauline, were introduced at launch.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad that I don't want any of the High-Ends this time, I really need to save rubies. I'll grab Black Shy Guy when he eventually appears in the shop. (I know it won't be during this tour.)

Pink Gold Peach should definitely be a common High-End driver though. There's no reason for her to be tour specific.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
I'm glad that I don't want any of the High-Ends this time, I really need to save rubies. I'll grab Black Shy Guy when he eventually appears in the shop. (I know it won't be during this tour.)

Pink Gold Peach should definitely be a common High-End driver though. There's no reason for her to be tour specific.
I was so confused about the part where they said there were two more drivers to show off later? Were they saying there were more holiday people to show or we're they talking about PGP and BSG?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I was so confused about the part where they said there were two more drivers to show off later? Were they saying there were more holiday people to show or we're they talking about PGP and BSG?
I think that means there will be two more holiday themed characters coming out, one in each of the next two tours.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, perfect tour to save rubies on I guess. A recolor, the most predictable spotlight, and the most predictable MK veteran. Santa Mario's trick jump is super cool though.

Yeah I'm confused too. They said they're being made available in December, so not Black Shy Guy or PGP.

What if they repeat the winter tour 3 times. lmao

Santa Mario seems like the only spotlight for the two week period. Guess they are running dry on new content.

Last edited:

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Also laughed when they showed the silver pass reward is a baby Mario. Not cute in the slightest. PGP should be a regular high-end. There's no reason at all for her to be locked behind the winter tour. (And also I want her as a gold pass reward)

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also laughed when they showed the silver pass reward is a baby Mario. Not cute in the slightest. PGP should be a regular high-end. There's no reason at all for her to be locked behind the winter tour. (And also I want her as a gold pass reward)

Yeah giving commons for the tour rewards is a joke.

God this game needs multiplayer stat.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Obligatory:

"And by the ninth entry?
BABY PINK GOLD PEACH"

Oh no, the prophecy may actually become true if this game goes on for long enough. D:

By the way, it seems we're finally getting R/T versions of the regular tracks. Up until now, those were exclusive to the tour location tracks.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
This is the second tour now though where the only new drivers have been alts (With Shy Guy getting two in a row) while former series characters like Birdo, Petey, and ParaKoopa have continued to be skipped which is making me really wonder if alts are gonna it from here on out. Especially since both new drivers to the series, Peachette and Pauline, were introduced at launch.
The character models seem to be heavily based on MK8 (if nothing else, the wireframes seem to be reusing animations), so I wouldn't hold out much hope for characters that weren't in 8 or derived from one of those. Peachette and even Pauline seem to be using some variation of Peach's animation set.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is pretty lame. I'll probably finish the tour, since I still have the pass, and uninstall. This seems like the holding pattern for the game moving forward

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they're going this long with dull/predictable alts, Black Shy Guy in particular is really scraping the bottom of the barrel (dear god they're going to pad out the roster with every color of Shy Guy and Yoshi aren't they). Just gives me more time to save up rubies I suppose. Hopefully the multiplayer in December is worth the wait or else this game will really feel like it's in a slump.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Winter is already an unexciting event. Them only having 1 spotlight character for the next 2 weeks sucks.

They also mentioned 2 additional winter characters coming after the tour ends... I am a bit worried that this means they repeat the winter tour for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully the winter characters just show up in new tours, but this game doesn't reward people with high expectations.

I wouldn't call the last two months perfect for the game, but the content updates made it worth coming back when so many characters, tracks, and karts got added. This is the low point in terms of quality and quantity of new content. Like goddamn if you need to do costumes because brand new characters are too much effort, there's a gigantic cast to pick from. Getting Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Daisy and so on would be such an incredible improvement in excitement to what we have now.

Last edited:

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Winter is already an unexciting event. Them only having 1 spotlight character for the next 2 weeks sucks.

They also mentioned 2 additional winter characters coming after the tour ends... I am a bit worried that this means they repeat the winter tour for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully the winter characters just show up in new tours, but this game doesn't reward people with high expectations.
Wait, Pink Gold Peach isn't a spotlight character?

Well, that's actually very good, isn't it? That means there is now a commonly available character with the Coin Box item.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they had to divert more resources to developing the multiplayer rather than content for the tours. We got multiple new maps and characters at first, but now for the last few and this one the amount of new content is much lower. With the multiplayer beta coming soon, I can see that being prioritized.

That's all speculating of course. Do we have an idea how big the team is?

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably going to be the first time I save up and don't pull. There's not much here that interests me.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
vApdxNG.png

I really wanted Vacation Peach for the Coin Box special so I ended up dumping way more rubies into pulling for it this tour than I had intended. I figured since I'm not interested in the next tour's items, and the The Peach spotlight pipe was down to 40/100 with all three spotlight items left, I'd do a couple single pulls with what rubies I have left to see if I could net something good. The first pull was very kind and I stopped there.