• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Wait, Pink Gold Peach isn't a spotlight character?

Well, that's actually very good, isn't it? That means there is now a commonly available character with the Coin Box item.

Seems like the trade off for her having common access to coin box is that she only has three frenzy tracks compared to Spotlight Mario's and Peach's nine.

If Pink Gold Peach isn't Spotlight then who's the other Spotlight to go alongside Santa Mario? And she's not High-End either?

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Pink Gold Peach isn't Spotlight then who's the other Spotlight to go alongside Santa Mario? And she's not High-End either?

The way Lakitu worded it in the update, there will be 3 "festive" drivers in the pipe for 3 consecutive tours.

Santa Mario is tomorrow (start of Winter tour)
Mystery #1 is December 4th (start of the next new tour)
Mystery #2 is December 18th (start of another new tour)

Pink Gold Peach and Black Shy Guy seem like regular additions we are getting tomorrow. Since it was phrased to "stay tuned" for the mystery drivers, and PGP and BSG aren't really festive.

I think this all means that Santa Mario will be the only spotlight for the next 2 weeks.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Tempted to just blow my 200 rubies now seeing I definitely don't care about Santa Mario, and likely whatever other Christmas themed characters we get for the tours after that.

On the other hand, if I save another 6 weeks I'll definitely have 450+ to guarantee whatever the next cool spotlight is.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know what their plan is here. Just redo winter tour 3 times but with different featured courses each time? (Maybe Vanilla Lake, Rosalina's Ice World?)

It now all makes sense though why they did a winter tour in November if they plan for it to cover the next 6 weeks.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I'm tempted to pull for Vacation Peach but the pipe is 100/100 right now, I won't be lucky enough...

And yeah, looks like we are going to get another two spotlight characters to be announced, looks like PGP y BSG won't be tied to the tour. I don't like the characters but their abilities are really good. There's still hope to see a Shiverian as a newcomer!

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
This has been the most boring ranked cup for me since I started playing, not that I'm complaining.

I had about 24,000 points coming into the week, and then I got up to about 26,000 around last Friday. Meanwhile, there was basically 0 activity from the other competitors. I made a final push yesterday and got to 27,137.

I kept expecting the competitors to get more aggressive in the final day/hours but it never happened. The #2 & #3 scores have been sitting at 24k since yesterday and there was only a tiny bit of movement today.

Baring some last minute surprise, it looks like I will be coasting into first without much trouble. This will have been both my least-played ranked cup and my easiest win.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
This was the hardest ranking for me. Only managed to hit first today thanks to two coin frenzies, coin box frenzy, and coin boxes filling in the combo gaps on Mario Circuit 3. Coin Box is so good.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
IIQblgU.png

First week at tier 20 and it's my worst cup since launch :/
Dropped from 6th to 10th in the past few days and now I'm not even getting a reward

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
Was ranked 7th this morning with about 1000 points behind 6th place. Tried for an hour and moved into 6th place with only 7 points ahead. Worried for 2 hours then got my 6th place finish and 10 rubies!

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Got Santa mario... never got one of those ultra characters.. also how do we get higher than rank 20... finished 1st last like 2 events and still stuck at 20. One of the challenges says reach 30..

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused by how the pipes are gonna go these next few tours aside from Santa Mario being present in all of them I guess? Honestly I'm finding it hilarious that the $40 package for this one is a kart. Sure, it's not worth it when it's a driver either but a kart just makes it feel like even more of a rip off.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Alright. I spent 275 Ruby's I had saved up. 6 x 10 pulls and one individual single pull. Managed to get new unlocks:
Lakitu
Racer Toad
Black Shy Guy
Cheermellow Kart (High-End Spotlight).

And on the final single pull...Santa Mario. Phew!!

Also Pink Gold Peach is High-End.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It feels good to play on DK Pass again, pretty good pick for a Christmas event. Also thought the trees that got added to the old courses may have been tacky at first, but the giant one on Rock Rock Mountain got a chuckle from me.

Alright. I spent 275 Ruby's I had saved up. 6 x 10 pulls and one individual single pull. Managed to get new unlocks:
Lakitu
Racer Toad
Black Shy Guy
Cheermellow Kart (High-End Spotlight).

And on the final single pull...Santa Mario. Phew!!

Also Pink Gold Peach is High-End.
I DID IT GUYS! ALL THE SUFFERING HAS BEEN WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!
A6q6aJN.jpg

The full haul!:::
zcsQpB0.jpg

Congrats you two!! :)

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
This has been the most boring ranked cup for me since I started playing, not that I'm complaining.

I had about 24,000 points coming into the week, and then I got up to about 26,000 around last Friday. Meanwhile, there was basically 0 activity from the other competitors. I made a final push yesterday and got to 27,137.

I kept expecting the competitors to get more aggressive in the final day/hours but it never happened. The #2 & #3 scores have been sitting at 24k since yesterday and there was only a tiny bit of movement today.

Baring some last minute surprise, it looks like I will be coasting into first without much trouble. This will have been both my least-played ranked cup and my easiest win.
Consider yourself lucky, lol. My Tier 20 was the most competitive ranked cup yet.

Only my second time not placing first. I use everyone I've added to my friends list from here as a barometer where I'm usually around 10th.
Shop this tour still can't have Rosalina, Luigi, Bowser Jr, Lakitu etc lol
I'm only missing Luigi and Black Shy Guy out of all of the non high-ends. I was bummed to see Luigi's still not available in the shop this tour.

I pulled down to 51/100 on the Vacation Peach pipe and got zero spotlights last tour which is the worst luck I've had so far.

Nadam23

Oct 8, 2019
Consider yourself lucky, lol. My Tier 20 was the most competitive ranked cup yet.

Only my second time not placing first. I use everyone I've added to my friends list from here as a barometer where I'm usually around 10th.

I'm only missing Luigi and Black Shy Guy out of all of the non high-ends. I was bummed to see Luigi's still not available in the shop this tour.

I pulled down to 51/100 on the Vacation Peach pipe and got zero spotlights last tour which is the worst luck I've had so far.

I scored over 33,000 and still couldn't manage 1st. Some dude got 36,000+.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Despite saying I didn't want anything to do with these pipes, I got jealous of everyone's successful pulls and immediately did a 10-pull. Luckily I got the Star Glider and the winter mushroom kart (and two other new gliders), which is probably the best case scenario.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Got Santa Mario, but man, my glider luck is the WORST.

I don't have a single Super Rare glider. I have nearly ever basic and gold glider (just missing three), but not one single sparkly purple glider. :(

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, did a 10 pull and my heart sank when I saw the green pipe. And then I got Pink Gold Peach and the spotlight kart and glider from it o_O Kinda want Santa Mario, but his skill isn't great and I think I have drivers to cover his favored tracks already.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This week's tier 20 is already hell for me. I'm at 35.8k holding the lead, but there are already two others at 35k and one more at 34k. lol

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I had someone come out of nowhere and bump me to third (from first) in the last cup, but made a hard push in the final hours and managed to get back into 1st by about 1k. They never bothered to usurp me.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot-20191120-181314-Mario-Kart.jpg

This week is so insane! I thought I was safe when I hit 32k, but several people have been jumping up over the day.

Finally got a lead, but I'm going to have to keep it up since I don't think this gap will last very long.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
man what the
I definitely got 3 slipstreams in one race as diddy on rock rock mountain but...I didn't get the challenge? I definitely saw the three full boosts and even got bonus points for them

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Pink Gold Peach being a Christmas spotlight sure is something.

I guess Metal Mario, Dry Bowser and Peachette are the only regular high ends we're getting and will cycle in the gold pass for all eternity.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got Santa Mario on the first pull! Still not a single high-end glider since day one though.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
FYI: There's a typo in one of the tour missions. It says you have to take out three pipes in a single race. It doesn't actually have to be in a single race though, just three cumulatively.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Swooper appeared in my shop today. I had to do coin rush but, I think that it was worth it. High-end gliders have been hard to come by for me and this makes three.

I also bought a Super Glider which brought it to level five completing challenge card 1-4. Getting one DKG to level six is going to take a while and three to level five too.

Eventually I'll have to get back to focusing on the ranked cup. Haven't started grinding through those courses yet...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got the last Bullet Blaster I needed in the shop to hit skill level 5!!!

I got over 40 rubies finishing challenge board 1-4 and then clearing plenty of them on 1-5.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
All I need for level 5 is either Parafoil or Peach since both of them need two more points. Dry Bowser's an option, too but Vacation Peach needs that 4% frenzy chance.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I made my Metal Mario my first level 5, since I pulled one during the Halloween tour. He's featured a lot so it's been a good decision so far. (Got almost 20,000 points with him during a race yesterday, without even really trying.)