• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little confused on the math: is a tier 2 glider at level five better than a tier 3 glider at level two?

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
So how has everyone been using their level up tickets? I've been holding onto common and rare ones and using them as needed to push things over but I've been funneling highend ones into a single thing to cheese the level challenges bit.

I'm a little confused on the math: is a tier 2 glider at level five better than a tier 3 glider at level two?
I think it would depend on the rarity of the glider too. Highend have better bonuses as a common at the same level but the tier 3 combo extender is super helpful in general.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
After pretty easily coming top in the weekly rankings(not on the resetera list) aside from 1 week were I came second, can't even crack the top 10 the past couple weeks. I think maybe my luck with having the relevant karts/gliders/drivers ran out

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of hard work to get to number 1 yesterday with 35k, thought I'd at least be able to sit there a little bit without worrying.

...so I woke up this morning and got pushed down by someone with 36.4k. Eeep. Managed to somehow luck to a 37.9k. And there's still days to go, this back and forth could be ugly and I don't really think I've got any more to push it, or any more level up tickets for the stuff I'm using...

Would still like if I could actually level up from 20 but hey

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of hard work to get to number 1 yesterday with 35k, thought I'd at least be able to sit there a little bit without worrying.

...so I woke up this morning and got pushed down by someone with 36.4k. Eeep. Managed to somehow luck to a 37.9k. And there's still days to go, this back and forth could be ugly and I don't really think I've got any more to push it, or any more level up tickets for the stuff I'm using...

Would still like if I could actually level up from 20 but hey
I'm glad I haven't encountered users like you in my rankings lol. Insane scores.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Got around to having a go at the ranked cup and did pretty decent but I'm still only in second at 35.3k with first sitting at 36k.

DK Pass is fun but I'm having a riot on Rock Rock Mountain R. It's a nice longish track with plenty going on to combo off of. I was around 9k once nearing the finish when I got obliterated and ended up in like fourth so I know that course still has potential. I'm at 13.9k on it as it stands now.
So how has everyone been using their level up tickets? I've been holding onto common and rare ones and using them as needed to push things over but I've been funneling highend ones into a single thing to cheese the level challenges bit.
I was first using mine on DKG's that I liked myself and wanted to be high which I'll admit was dumb. Then I was using them to satisfy challenges. Eventually I was using them towards stuff that helped with the ranked cups once I realized how much leveling helped with scoring higher runs.

My mindset is now to wait to use them until I need something in the ranked cup leveled when I get stuck and I can't advance my score. Since challenges help with rubies, I'm still using tickets to complete them as well.

I end up buying things in the shop that have one more slot left to get to the next level or at least somewhere close. Especially if it'll help satisfy a challenge or level up a DKG in the ranked cup.

Last edited:

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I think it would depend on the rarity of the glider too. Highend have better bonuses as a common at the same level but the tier 3 combo extender is super helpful in general.

Well, in this case the level 2, tier 3 glider is common/silver (parafoil), and the level 5, tier 2 is gold (Peach Parasol).

Like, does the tier bonus apply first, and then the level bonus? Or vice versa?

Actually, it's kinda tough to understand anyway - does "combo bonus x 2" for tier 2 mean that every combo move you pull off for the entire race is double? But then the level bonuses say "x2 bonus points boost"... what's the difference exactly?

And the level bonuses for combo time boost are straightforward enough: +0% to combo time, +5%, +10%, etc. But the tier bonuses to combo time just say "combo time boost" for tier 2 and "big combo time boost" for tier 3, who knows what that means. Say tier 2 = 5% and tier 3 = 10%... even assuming that, does that mean 10% + 5% = 15%? Or is one applied first and then the other?

lol.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Well, in this case the level 2, tier 3 glider is common/silver (parafoil), and the level 5, tier 2 is gold (Peach Parasol).

Like, does the tier bonus apply first, and then the level bonus? Or vice versa?

Actually, it's kinda tough to understand anyway - does "combo bonus x 2" for tier 2 mean that every combo move you pull off for the entire race is double? But then the level bonuses say "x2 bonus points boost"... what's the difference exactly?

And the level bonuses for combo time boost are straightforward enough: +0% to combo time, +5%, +10%, etc. But the tier bonuses to combo time just say "combo time boost" for tier 2 and "big combo time boost" for tier 3, who knows what that means. Say tier 2 = 5% and tier 3 = 10%... even assuming that, does that mean 10% + 5% = 15%? Or is one applied first and then the other?

lol.
I'm pretty sure the combo-time boosts for gliders are 1.5x for tier 2 and 2x for tier 3, same as it is for the points boost for karts.

The "x1" or "x4" bonus points boost are additional points added onto your actions, and these calculations are based off of the character's/kart's/glider's points level. For example, a kart that has 300 points on it with a "x1" bonus points boost will gain 3 extra points per action. You can essentially boil the bonus points formula down to this:

(character's/kart's/glider's points level / 100) x (bonus point boost) = bonus points gained per action

The actual formula is a bit more complex than that (it takes into account the cc you're playing at and some other things), but that's the gist of it. It's why high-end characters with 800 points can get so many points even at skill level 2, because you are gaining at least an additional 8 (or so) points per action performed.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
What are everyone's scores on each ranked course? I wanna know where I should focus on improving. I am at:

Cheep Cheep - 9642
DK Pass - 12,817
Rock Rock -11,522

(I know the answer is Cheep Cheep but I TRULY hate it)

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
What are everyone's scores on each ranked course? I wanna know where I should focus on improving. I am at:

Cheep Cheep - 9642
DK Pass - 12,817
Rock Rock -11,522

Cheep Cheep - 10,209
DK Pass - 11,186
Rock Rock - 13,867

And I think that I still have a fair amount of room on Rock Rock (Metal Mario Lv4, Barrel Train Lv3, Parachute Lv3).

Looks like I still have room on DK Pass, haha. Thanks!

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017

Cheep Cheep - 9642
DK Pass - 12,817
Rock Rock -11,522

Cheep Cheep - 10,276 (Level 1 Rosalina, Level 2 Blooper kart, Level 3 glider)
DK Pass - 13,396 (Level 3 DK, Lv2 flame kart, level 1 Start glider)
Rock Rock - 14,292 (Level 4 Metal Mario / Level 3 Barrel / Level 4 round rainbow flyer thingy)

All my equipment of them are in the top tier for them. Hope that helps.

Rock Rock, with the right luck on frenzies, looks to me the 'biggest' gain possible, even if Cheep Cheep is your lowest scoring atm.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 1k behind the first place in my ranked cup with 34k. I think I can make it up if I get Baby Peach since I lack a T3 driver on Cheep Cheep Lagoon. But knowing my luck she won't pop up in the store until next week.

Thanks guys! Back to Rock Rock! I keep flipping between my lvl 3 dk and my lvl 2 Metal Mario because I don't know who I can trust.
I'd go with Lv3 DK for sure. Giant Banana frenzy is insane, and easily better than a Fire Flower frenzy.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom

Cheep Cheep - 9642
DK Pass - 12,817
Rock Rock -11,522

11,097 Cheep Cheep
11,916 DK Pass
13,052 Rock Rock

Not the best but my tier is much more lax compared to the week before. Gotta hope for those Coin and Giant Banana frenzies.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Added! I just got 14,866 on Rock Rock bringing me up to 37,325 total....only to see that first place is now at 38,307 :')

11,097 Cheep Cheep
11,916 DK Pass
13,052 Rock Rock

Not the best but my tier is much more lax compared to the week before. Gotta hope for those Coin and Giant Banana frenzies.
Yes, I literally got a banana and coin frenzy my last race!

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
I have to stick with her now, because it's the quickest way for me to get multiple things to level 5 by pouring all of my level up tickets into them. But yes I am glad that they are getting more levels added to their roster as we go!

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
laC1ebn.png

Today was a good day.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Cheep Cheep Lagoon again? Enough Already. Going to ignore that and Choco Island 2 and focus mainly on DK Pass T. Already Sitting at 18,711 after a bad first attempt tying to get the grand stars.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
They should add a way to pop your own Bubble. It's honestly not a terrible item but sometimes you just absolutely do note want to use it and it sucks that it takes up an item slot and then if you have 2 of them it's a lot ot burn through.

NickHyde

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to the second guy who added me. I also unlocked some other challenges, so I need more friends D:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I was first place for ages until someone beat me by a little bit, and then someone else beat me by like 7,000 points. 0.0

Gonna need triple Frenzies and max kart, glider, drivers on every track to match that.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'll keep clawing away trying to get back into 1st, but it's an uphill battle. I'm about 9k out. Gonna need some serious RNG luck to close that gap in a few days.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 38.7k with only a gap of 700. I have no idea how to get my score higher so I hope people don't climb far enough in the next day and a half.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I saved my coins up for the first super rare glider I got in my store and I finally got one.

But then the next day an EVEN BETTER super rare glider was in the store (it was good for a ton of tracks), but I had no where near 10000 coins and I want about to waste all my gems on the coin rush.

:(

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I saved my coins up for the first super rare glider I got in my store and I finally got one.

But then the next day an EVEN BETTER super rare glider was in the store (it was good for a ton of tracks), but I had no where near 10000 coins and I want about to waste all my gems on the coin rush.

:(
It'll come back around. Don't worry about it.

I highly recommend not spending 50+ gems on Coin Rush just to get one glider. You're far more likely to get a better value with pipe pulls.