• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I've just leveled Metal Mario, Dry Bowser and Vacation Peach all to level 3. Peachette and King Boo (LM) still at level 1.

Seems better to have a more well rounded team than putting all my tickets into one, but those other 2 haven't had much use so I've left them out of the fun for now.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
first place in ranked just hit 44K.
af6npe9u40z11.jpg

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
I've been putting all my HE tickets into Peachette since I pulled her twice from the pipe between the first two tours so it's the easiest way for me to cheese the Level 6 gear challenge at this point. I'm 1k short of 2nd for this cup and given that I'm lacking any good gliders for DK Pass my chances of catching up are nonexistant. Already at 15k on RRM and 12k CCL with nowhere to really improve.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I really wanted that star glider so I made a third 10x pull and dear God... I'M SO HAPPY GUYS!

EKVTCeHWoAQlUgY.jpg:large

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Does anyone have a suggestion for what track to use for the ultra mini turbo? Last two times I used the Waluigi Pinball Track and I'm at a loss. Thanks!

I got Metal Mario on the first pipe I did when the game came out. He's my MVP. Only level 3 though!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a suggestion for what track to use for the ultra mini turbo? Last two times I used the Waluigi Pinball Track and I'm at a loss. Thanks!

I got Metal Mario on the first pipe I did when the game came out. He's my MVP. Only level 3 though!
DK Pass. Lots of long easy turns

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Oh man, DK is a BOSS.

I somehow managed to get 15k on DK Pass and 17k on Rock Rock Mountain R with my level 3 DK. With my rather mediocre 9k on Cheep Cheep Lagoon, this actually put me at 1st place in my ranking at 41k. I never thought I could achieve a score that high, but DK is legitimately the best character in this game with his Giant Banana frenzies just racking up scores.

Moral of the story: invest all your Super Skill Up tickets on DK. My word.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
My group is lower scoring than a lot of others, so in a twist of fate I've gone from 8th to 1st on the last day. Didn't have a lot of time to play this week so I committed today.

Cheep Cheep went from 8.7k -> 10.1k, spent some tickets to level Baby Peach to 3 and that combined with a frenzy gave me a much better score.
DK Pass went from 9.7k -> 10.3k with a two frenzy run, with one being mega banana.
Rock Rock Mountain went from 10kish ->13.3k with back to back coin and green shell frenzies.

So now I'm just barely first on 33.8k, so hopefully the guy behind me is done for the week and it holds.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Yay! First place with 36.385 points, my 1° place streak since I started playing will be intact (I hope)

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. The week two tour challenges give you a QUICK TICKET this time instead of the usual coin rush ticket. 😡

tuta

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My luck has been terrible for a while. Last 4*10 pulls have been 1 gold + 9 silvers. I got Black Shyguy though, but that's all. And I really want that Gold Peach....

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
ILDcs2u.jpg

I skip the Santa Mario pipe just to get him anyway on the only 10 pull I'm making this tour for PGP. I'm not angry. Just...confused.

EdIt: I pushed my luck and did 10 single pulls. My luck after this can plummet for all I care lol.
asQp1FXg.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Landed in 1st in week 1 with 38.6k. It was definitely the hardest fought rankings for me so far, wasn't sure if I would make it!

Right now I'm over 41k on week 2 with 2nd place being at 34k. I expect that to change though since a lot of players probably didn't pay attention to the announcement of Baby Mario cup as the next ranked cup.

I did end up doing some 10x pulls on the Santa Mario pipe. Got him and the Cheermellow but no star glider.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Daisy Hills R/T is a poorly designed course for a T track. Usually those are the most fun since it's easier to keep your combos, but I feel like there's too many empty spots. The 5-star score is also pretty ridiculous.

Ugh. The week two tour challenges give you a QUICK TICKET this time instead of the usual coin rush ticket. 😡
It's not a good sign that they keep adjusting the rewards to be worse and worse with each week. The tour rewards were especially bad this tour, even for Gold Pass subscribers. Kinda scummy for them to push the gacha elements further when people are paying good money for subscriptions.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's stupid, mega mushroom frenzies dont count for the cuase 10 mega mushroom crashes. I ran into like 4 people in a single frenzy and it just doesnt count at all. I assume this is because frenzies also make you invincible and thats the real cause of the crash rather than the mega mushroom "smash" but its so awful

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA Username: DeuceGamer
Mario Kart Tour Username: SkullKid
Friend-Code: 8529-3010-8261

Gartooth I hope this is correct. If not please let me know.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Between the new challenge board giving a useless quick ticket instead of a coin rush one, the cups not increasing rank for the 3rd week in a row (with CCL involved somehow the 3rd time this month) and the new High End pipe kart being good on only on only ONE track it's like they're almost trying to slowly make the game more and more unappealing.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between the new challenge board giving a useless quick ticket instead of a coin rush one, the cups not increasing rank for the 3rd week in a row (with CCL involved somehow the 3rd time this month) and the new High End pipe kart being good on only on only ONE track it's like they're almost trying to slowly make the game more and more unappealing.

Wow, I didn't even realize the kart for the PGP pipe was only a 3* on one course. It's a joke to use a veteran like PGP, one who wasn't even someone missing from MK8D, to spotlight a pipe.

The winter tour absolutely seems to be killing the game. The shop is garbage now with nothing to get from it other than grinding skill points, rewards are getting worse like you said with skip tickets.

Honestly Nintendo better hope the multiplayer is something good. I can see a lot of people cancelling their subscriptions if they haven't already. Engagement from players here and on their Twitter account has gotten a lot slower. On the Play Store in the US I believe Tour was around #60 in top grossing during the Paris tour, and now it is down to #80.

Last edited:

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Fully didn't realize the challenge board gave a quick ticket. That makes this terrible tour even just slightly more annoying. Why would we need a quick ticket that isn't accessible until after all the cups are unlocked.....

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't even think coin rush matters anymore. When the game launched I considered it a viable way of spending rubies given how many new things were appearing in the shop daily. Now I wouldn't dream of spending rubies on coin rush because I will get no new gear from the shop.

Not being able to grind more coins doesn't hurt me, but it annoys me that the game is making greedy changes to an increasingly unhappy playerbase.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I thought my score was OK before this week's challenge started, but I'm 11 PLACE at the moment. D:

Doesn't help that I absolutely hate Cheep Cheep Lagoon, and the R varient is somehow even worse than the regular one.

Guess I'll just try getting 4000 more points on each of the other 2 tracks.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I didn't think something like this would happen to me on the second pipe I decide to spend gems on.

Very disheartening. There was a second non-spotlight High-End in the final 10 as well.

Oof, that really sucks. At least the day 10 login bonus of 5 rubies is coming up, so you should be able to get it before the pipe is over.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Oof, that really sucks. At least the day 10 login bonus of 5 rubies is coming up, so you should be able to get it before the pipe is over.
I already got it by completing the 1-4 challenge bingo card.

But yeah, that was just super bad luck. I even wasted 5 gems due to the last item being a High-End, meaning that I could've taken the 10-pipe instead.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Oof winter Daisy and Waluigi next two pipes. They really said fuck new racers, huh? At least London will be new.

My interest has been waning so much recently and it's really bummed me out.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Oof winter Daisy and Waluigi next two pipes. They really said fuck new racers, huh? At least London will be new.

My interest has been waning so much recently and it's really bummed me out.

I was hoping for a "London Mario" with traditional bowler hat and pinstripe suit. But maybe he'd be too similar to Musician Mario.

Anyway, I'm a Londoner so let's see how great this new Tour looks. Landmarks already in are The Shard, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, Napoleon's Column. And a traditional Routemaster London Bus.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London! That's awesome to see that finally get brought in!

Daisy very much looks like a Christmas alt. Waluigi I can't tell on? I'd guess he is a London alt but his clothes and silhouette look the same.

Then I suppose we get the 3rd and final Christmas character in the following tour.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
London! That's awesome to see that finally get brought in!

Daisy very much looks like a Christmas alt. Waluigi I can't tell on? I'd guess he is a London alt. Then we get the 3rd and final Christmas character in the following tour.
Yeah, that's what I think. Daisy is Holiday, while Waluigi is London themed. Though I think the final Holiday character will be New Years themed.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Winter Coat Daisy would be my guess, holding a present. Makes sense. For Waluigi, I'd have happily had Victorian or Scrooge Waluigi but they've not given him a top hat.

TOP. HAT. WALUIGI. TOP. HAT. WALUIGI.

Fingers crossed it's a good one so I know which of the two I go for on the pipes, I've been saving for a London one.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Finally broke 41k getting back to first place. I was really worried I was going to have to waste my high end tickets to get some points but somehow level 4 Baby Mario ended up doing it for me 🤢.

Gartooth I never added myself to the list!

• ResetERA Username: maxxatom
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: Maxxatom
  • Friend-Code: 9624-8603-2107