• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Looks like I got knocked down to second in the last min. I've got some level up tickets, not sure if I should use them to try and claim back first.

Also, I feel I'm the only one that gets absolutely nothing in the pipes and the shop. Always the same koopling kids....

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Great, I played so much of this game I appear to have rubbed off the oleophobic coating on my screen protector.

There's a big spot where I stear/drift, haha.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
tfw i'm a mere 500 points behind 1st place but i don't want to spend my hoard of high-end kart tickets on spotlight karts that have barely any favored courses outside of this tour

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
I truly cannot get a higher score with my current gear. I'm stuck at 42,075 and while I am in first, it's by a mere 100 points....and we have 24 hours left

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Looks like I got knocked down to second in the last min. I've got some level up tickets, not sure if I should use them to try and claim back first.

Also, I feel I'm the only one that gets absolutely nothing in the pipes and the shop. Always the same koopling kids....
If you want stuff from the pipe save up at least 250 rubies before pulling so you can pool them into one pipe rather than pulling a little from each.

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Man, everyone posting about +40k scores and I've basically capped at 35k. No point in really trying when your missing the best gliders for 2 tracks.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I needed to spend A LOT high end tickets to upgrade my gear, I'm actually fighting to get that first place (at 52,092),I'm pretty sure I still have room to improve, I just need enough luck to get those sweet frenzies. I really hate the luck factor in this game but, oh well, it's a gacha at the end.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Just got to the top of my ranking with a score of 38,123. Second place has 36,651 so I'm not sure if I'm gonna be safe by Wednesday.

I got a score of 16,144 on Rainbow Road T with a x98 combo. That's the highest I've scored for any individual course.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I have the flower glider at max because it is in my shop everyday... I hope I get something new now in it daily lol

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Somehow managed to add 300 points to my already ridiculous Rainbow Road score. Coin, super horn & banana frenzy did the trick. I'm imagining three coin frenzies now 🤔
It was either upgrade Queen Bee to 3 or Swift Jack to 2. Went with the former since it's easier to maintain combos on Daisy Hills and 7 favored courses compared to 3 ignoring tour specific tracks.
Looks like you saw some pretty immediate results from the upgrade. Good decision, lol.
So I have the flower glider at max because it is in my shop everyday... I hope I get something new now in it daily lol
I probably should have done this but I'm committed to the Super Glider now. Only five more until it reaches level six, hahaha.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Finally got back into first with a PRETTY GREAT lead 🙃
EL_6w4KWsAETzyX.jpg

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to dump my high-end tickets into the Queen Bee near the very end, ended up being a good idea since I apparently just barely took 3rd. People are out for BLOOD now

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Came up 500 points short. Oh well, still got second. Getting to Tier 40 on the first possible week can still be done.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Hold up. What Rainbow Road is this?

edit: 7 was supposed to be in 8 or 9 dang it. Glad that past tour kart and glider spotlights are gold pass items.

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
YOOOO THEY ADDED MK7 RAINBOW ROAD

also that 2020 glider is looking tight, they just squeezed an extra $1.99 out of me ngl

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
So no freebie high end driver for gold pass subs but instead they'll get a kart and glider from the original NY tour pipe.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Rainbow Road 3DS is incredible! Wow, I can't wait to deep in the tour and play those amazing variations.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Literally just yesterday I was thinking to myself that they should add MK7 Rainbow Road and here it is, the slight makeover they gave it looks really great. I was wondering how they'd handle it since every other course has 2 laps, but it works the same as on 3DS so it's technically the only course in the game with 3 laps.

Edit: Also, I like that the Gold Pass rewards this time are Pauline's special kart/glider from the first tour for anybody who missed out. Definitely takes the sting out of tour reruns.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've been hoarding rubies for ~4 tours and dumped them on the Yoshi pipe.
Got the 3 spotlights, 2020 glider, platinum taxi, pauline, birdo, freerunning koopa and pit stop toad.
I guess I can be pretty satisfied with that.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
FYI: Regular Pauline has been added to the off-banner High-End Drivers. :)

There's also a Pauline Cup now too, so I'm thinking this will be permanent.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
The player who gave me trouble last week is back for this ranking and has all the spotlights and Birdo already. Not even going to try lmao. 😒
Edit: Seems like they lack King Boo though. That could even things out since he doesn't show up in the daily shop anymore.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, original Pauline isn't even a Frenzy character in all NY courses? What a joke.

Also where's the multiplayer? Ugh.

Last edited:

Mr. Blue Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, original Pauline isn't even a Frenzy character in all NY courses? What a joke.

Also where's the multiplayer? Ugh.
I don't think there's been a single pipe exclusive high end that was tier 3 on all their tour exclusive courses. They probably wanna divide it up between both tour specific drivers in order to encourage pulling both pipes and spending but I've always been content with just getting one of them if possible.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow MK7 RR is a cool surprise!!

Sad about no multiplayer. Thought it would be here since this is the last December tour unless they add it just randomly in here.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Datamining suggests the multiplayer beta starts December 25th, and they will give away some coins, yay! I can't believe it took 3 months for them to use the gift box lmao, Nintendo why u so greedy!?

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Datamining suggests the multiplayer beta starts December 25th, and they will give away some coins, yay! I can't believe it took 3 months for them to use the gift box lmao, Nintendo why u so greedy!?

For real. I see that New York Minute 2 on the ranked cup this week is all tier 3s from the pipe...

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
After playing a few more cups, I think they added the godlike Rainbow Road because New York Minute 2 is comically low effort. You take a different path than before but it still feels basically the same, and you don't even get to go through that tunnel by the Statue of Liberty that they teased ages ago... which means there's going to be a New York Minute 3?

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
MK7 Rainbow Road feels like a big boy track compared to most other courses they've used in Tour so far, lol.
Lmaooo my three point lead held and I kept 1st!
A win is a win!
I lost my streak this tour ):
My streak of first place finishes was ended a while ago. While the tiers weren't changing, I was getting punished by players with much better gear. I also put in less effort since there was no tier advancement incentive until last week's ranking. I got lucky with a favorable loadout and placed first when the chips were down, hahaha.

At the very least, I can say that I've never placed lower than third 🙃
The player who gave me trouble last week is back for this ranking and has all the spotlights and Birdo already. Not even going to try lmao. 😒
Edit: Seems like they lack King Boo though. That could even things out since he doesn't show up in the daily shop anymore.
The top three of us that were in my group last week are back for me as well 😔

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
I did three pulls and got:

- Reindeer Yoshi

- Jingle Bells
- Zuicchini
- Turbo Bird

- Piston Glider
- Pink Flower Glider

Which is not too shabby! Was really hoping to magically pull Pauline off-focus, and to get my girl Birdo finally, but the fates wouldn't allow it. Maybe I can do a christmas crowdfund on twitter and just buy her as a gift lmao.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Got first place last ranking and got Reindeer Yoshi on my second 10-pull.

This tour is off to a good start!

Edit: I just played the 3DS Rainbow Road and wow! That's one of the best Mario Kart tracks I've seen, very fun and impressive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blew all of my rubies, but it was worth it as I got the Reindeer Yoshi set in the pipe!! :D

Wish I would've been lucky to pull Birdo too but no such luck.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Wow quite happy with the direction of this tour.

Past spotlights in the gold pass, one of the new spotlights in a $2 pack, Pauline back in the pipe as a regular high end, nice additions with 3DS Rainbow Road and Birdo.

They just need to put a better selection in the shop and I'll be really happy.