• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Party Toad Pipe won't have old spotlight characters right? I really wanted the new Toad but his special is the useless mushroom cannon and this pipe is too good to not spend all my rubies on it...

Yeah I'm disappointed he got stuck with the mushroom cannon.

We aren't sure on his spotlights yet. It could be he gets the other half of the old high ends in his pipe. (Paris, London, Winter)

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to get the high-end kart and glider for this event in my one and only 10 pull, so I'm happy. Hopefully I can get some new characters as well with another pull whenever that time comes.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Did two tens, got nothing on my first and then got the luckiest pull I've ever had on the second! Happy New Year indeed!
s6jduEZ.jpg

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
So I fell off this game but I remember hearing about something and was wondering if it was true: did they really start selling the spotlight characters/items as like $2 packs?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Wow, I just barely managed to win my ranking. I got a great run on Shy Guy Bazaar R with 20k+ as my score, which boosted me over 4000 points from 2nd with less than 3 hours to go. Then I see the end result and the 2nd place person managed to finish less than 200 points below me.

I would've been so angry if I got sniped at the end.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Oh yes!! I got Happi Mario out of a single 5 Ruby pull. Thing was, it was a green pipe so I wasn't expecting anything, but the star came so I thought it could be something good.

I also got the Quickshaw on a single 5 Ruby pull too. Already had that from the Japan Tour.

Also my regular Mario is maxed out at Level 6 and 675 points. My first maxed character.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder since Vacation Peach and Pastry Chef Shy Guy are not part of the New Years draw, if the next tour will have the Paris tracks again.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Did 30 pulls and got the Kabuki Dasher and Bullet Bill Parachute which I didn't have. Should be able to do at least 20 more by the end of the tour.

I would normally save more rubies but the extra high ends in the pipe is too good a deal to pass up.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I used the pipe 40 times and didn't get the spotlight characters. I think I'm done with this game

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed that the Freerunner Koopas don't make a sound when you select them, like all the other characters do. 🤔

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Oof, I spent so many level up tickets to get better scores on Ghost Valley 1R and Daisy Hills, and in the end I still only got 10th and ranked down with a score of 32k. That really stings. =/
My experience was similar ranking 10th with 31.3k. Tier 25 was pretty easy though so we'll see what 28 brings, lol
Tier 42 isn't actually fun at all
Assuming you mean 32. That was me at Tier 26 😐

My only notable pulls so far this tour were the spotlight and minion gliders. I haven't pulled a high-end driver in quite a while 😕

The login bonus is finally pretty nice for New Year's and Gold Koopa is my first coin box driver, yay! lol. Once Badwagon appears in my shop there won't be anything new available for me...

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
My experience was similar ranking 10th with 31.3k. Tier 25 was pretty easy though so we'll see what 28 brings, lol

Assuming you mean 32. That was me at Tier 26 😐

My only notable pulls so far this tour were the spotlight and minion gliders. I haven't pulled a high-end driver in quite a while 😕

The login bonus is finally pretty nice for New Year's and Gold Koopa is my first coin box driver, yay! lol. Once Badwagon appears in my shop there won't be anything new available for me...
Yes 32! I am in 6th place and I can't seem to do any better. I need to watch someone talented play Shy Guy so I can copy their path.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Haven't made an effort in grinding rank this time only to lose in the end. On the bright side though is that I actually have 3 frenzy characters unlike the past 3 ranks and the person who beat me the last two times is finally gone.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
z0qfjGa.png

Really not sure how to improve this.

Levels are:
4, 3, 2
1, 2, 2
3, 3, 2

Need nearly 4k more for the top spot.

Last edited:

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Next rank is Diddy cup and none of the tier 3 character's is locked to Spotlights again. I'm legit shocked lol. I think I'll upgrade Gold Koopa to level 2 since he'll be useful next week too.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Next rank is Diddy cup and none of the tier 3 character's is locked to Spotlights again. I'm legit shocked lol. I think I'll upgrade Gold Koopa to level 2 since he'll be useful next week too.
Yeah I'll do the same for my Gold Koopa, have to use my quick/star tickets to get the last gift box this week.

Having him and Party Time Pauline at level 2 for next week should be interesting. Two seperate frenzy coin box characters could mean some crazy scores.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Literally cannot get above 10th place and am finally to the point that I just don't know if I actually enjoy doing it? It takes twenty minutes to figure out how to perfectly combo a course and then it takes 5 hours to get a lucky run. I don't know if it is bringing me joy any more.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I made it about 3 months of playing this game nearly every day before burning out on it, which isn't bad at all!

I saw family for the holidays and stopped playing the this for a whole week and haven't had too strong of an urge to return.

This was my go-to "bored at work and need something to play" game for those months so I wouldn't be surprised if I put dozens if not past a hundred hours in. Only spent 2-3 months of the gold subscription so I'd say that was a pretty good deal.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
One dud 10 pull and then this happens. Happy New Year to me.🎊
PI4JuhW.png

Now I'm tempted to reset the pipe. If I could get Party Pauline I'll have the whole coin box set. I should be able to save up one more 10 pull. Two if I'm lucky.🤔

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
One dud 10 pull and then this happens. Happy New Year to me.🎊
PI4JuhW.png

Now I'm tempted to reset the pipe. If I could get Party Pauline I'll have the whole coin box set. I should be able to save up one more 10 pull. Two if I'm lucky.🤔
Yay! Congrats buddy! I already did 30x pulls when the tour started, I got two high end karts and one glider, but any character yet, I'll keep the pipe like that so I have more chances to pull spotlight characters.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Literally cannot get above 10th place and am finally to the point that I just don't know if I actually enjoy doing it? It takes twenty minutes to figure out how to perfectly combo a course and then it takes 5 hours to get a lucky run. I don't know if it is bringing me joy any more.
The whole ranked system has to be re-evaluated. Most other mobile games I've played have percentile systems and give you decent rewards if you put the time in. But the way MKT's system works you can grind and grind, end up with absolutely nothing, AND get demoted. I'd be content just playing the courses and never bothering with ranked, but the problem is it's one of the only ways to get rubies.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Me repeatedly trying to get a high score on Shy Guy Bazaar with my Level 6 Metal Mario to escape 8th place in the rankings: 1 Mega Mushroom frenzy at best

Me casually playing Luigi's Mansion R in Peach Cup with Level 4 Peach: 3 coin frenzies on my first race

fuck you nintendo

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
This week's Rank battle has been absolutely brutal for me. I'm at tier 29, so I have been fighting to get "One Tier Up" so I can reach 30 and unlock Standard Challenges 2-5.

I thought I had solid equipment going in, but I ended up at something like 15th place as of last Friday. I used all of my appropriate Level-Boost tickets and grinded the levels and I was finally able to get into 6th place (the minimum required to move up one Tier) yesterday... But then I was dropped down to 7th this morning. I played through all of the remaining courses in the tour to unlock a few more Level-Boost tickets, focused on Luigi's Mansion, and I was able to increase my score by about 2,000 to slide up into 5th place. I have enough of a buffer that I should be okay at this point. Whew, too close for comfort.

I spent sooo much time on MKT this this week. Trying to grind for the frenzies needed to get high scores should only be done once Rank Battle. Doing it multiple times with different loadouts required way more time than I should be putting into this game. I really don't give a fuck about the next few weeks. I just wanted to get to 30 so I can start chipping away at the next batch of Challenges.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
At Tier 28 I finally managed to reach 1st with 49.6k.

I'm so scared 2nd or 3rd will overtake me in the next hour, because they are only a couple hundred points behind. I spent so many hours today trying to grind up that score...

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Got 1st!

Unfortunately, my luck is so bad that 40 pulls in I've only gotten one high-end from the pipe, and it's not even a spotlight. What are even the chances of that? The only new character I got was Pit Crew Toad.

I'm guaranteed to get one more 10-pull in, with another one up in the air depending on the next rankings, but sheesh. I'm getting flashbacks to that post I made a while ago on here where the last spotlight item was the very last thing in my pipe. Surely that can't be the case again, can it...?

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Whew. I held onto 5th place and got my one tier up. Level 30 has arrived and now I can start chipping away at the next set of challenges.

I entered the next ranking at #2, and I'm not going to fight to the death on this one. No level-boost tickets will be spent, etc. I'm in no rush to get to tier 40.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fought as hard as I could and got 2nd place with only 200 points behind 1st.

I did 60 pulls on the new pipe and managed to get Party Time Toad! I'll probably not fight so hard on the rankings this week now that I got it. lol

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
The MKT gods are shining upon me!

I started playing the new ranked courses a bit this morning and I got a triple coin frenzy on Dino Dino Jungle. That one run will almost certainly secure me 1st place in the ranked cup this week.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm only at tier 24 because I don't have the energy in me to score attack with the CPUs constantly fucking with me, but now people are already starting in the high 30 thousands and I just lose all interest in participating.

I just wanted more pulls on the happi pipe, but I guess that's not happening.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
I tried not to invest too much time and placed 6th at least earning rubies and moving up one tier. I'm still only at tier 29 now though so hopefully this week I can pull off moving up at least one more tier to hit 30.

Last week I focused too much on gaining base exp points and put little into the ranked cup. I'm changing my strategy to hit ranked first as I don't play enough during a day recently to grind base exp and spend time on the ranked cup.

I had a good run on Tokyo Blur and used an item ticket right at the end before finishing. I lucked upon a coin frenzy literally as I crossed the finish line. Such a waste, ugh.