• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
  • 线上多人联机玩法,每局最多可有12名中国区玩家同场竞技(原始的Wii版游戏已不再支持线上多人联机功能)
    This bulletpoint from this website says this version has online.
    "Online multiplayer, with a maximum of 12 Chinese players in each game (the original Wii version game no longer supports online multiplayer features)."

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
So, China has Galaxy, Twilight Princess, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart on the Shield. The rest of the world gets some NES games in a month on the Switch.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
So, China has Galaxy, Twilight Princess, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart on the Shield. The rest of the world gets some NES games in a month on the Switch.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

I'm afraid I'm not getting the correlation in your statement.

The Nvidia Shield is assuredly a spiritual successor to Nintendo's iQue hardware but featuring Wii software. What does that have to do with NES games on the Switch?

Uncleslappy

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I'm continually fascinated by the Chinese gaming market. I would love a documentary about how that all works. So interesting.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I'm afraid I'm not getting the correlation in your statement.

The Nvidia Shield is assuredly a spiritual successor to Nintendo's iQue hardware but featuring Wii software. What does that have to do with NES games on the Switch?

The Shield is getting better back catalog support than the Switch... I think you get the correlation just fine.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Is the Mario Kart series even popular for speedrunning? I know it is for individual races, but I don't believe complete runs are as popular. The Shield's improved loading times are not important for the former.

complete runs have been gaining traction nowadays and this version would be beneficial.

Whys does everything has to be on the switch?
With MK8D available, how many people would even buy MKWii? Come on, now.

the meat of Mario Kart games is the track selection and there's only 3 tracks in the Wii game that also appear in MK8. you'd get vastly different games. also, these are priced at the equivalent of $20 iirc. that price point would swing a lot of people even if the game had no online play (Switch is very good for local multi)
this isn't like Splatoon 1 and 2 where 2 has made 1 irrelevant due to almost all of the multiplayer maps from 1 returning in 2.

Last edited:

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Nvidoes what nintendon't

Should have been first post.

Are you kidding me? Mario Kart Wii is an amazing game.

the meat of Mario Kart games is the track selection and there's only 3 tracks in the Wii game that also appear in MK8. you'd get vastly different games.

This right here. MK8 was released in 2014 and those tracks don't last forever. It's great to have options. (Make that, it would be great to have options)

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whys does everything has to be on the switch?
Because the Switch is built on standardised architecture, which means future consoles will almost certainly be able to play the games.

Get everything on Switch, and you'll get it on the Super Switch, the Switch 128 and the Switchcube.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe one day Nintendo will bring Wii/Gamecube over to the Switch. I am so thirsty for Thousand Year Door.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
How many Shields have sold in China? Any figures/estimates/etc...? I assume this is a way for Nintendo to introduce their IP in China with low risk while they continue to look for a way to fully enter the market officially?