• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Current (October 30, 2018):

c3d4fp17x9v11.jpg

Previous (June 1, 2018):

BsRbGQw.png

Previous (February 1, 2018, because there is no March 1, 2018 archival):

rcPpj5c.png

Source:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/wii.html

Web archive:

February 1, 2018 (Q4 of 2017 FY):

https://web.archive.org/web/2018020...intendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/wii.html

June 1, 2018 (Q1 of 2018 FY):

https://web.archive.org/web/2018061...intendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/wii.html

October 30, 2018 (Q2 of 2018 FY):

https://web.archive.org/web/2018103...intendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/wii.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I did my best to preserve the data using Wayback Machine. In hindsight, maybe I should link those here? Let me know.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The best Mario Kart made. Until MK8 maybe.

Me and my friends played this for like 4 hours a day for 3 years solid at uni

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am responsible for one of those.

I played a lot of online. At least until every racer was Funky Kong on a bike.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lol the RoI on this must be absolutely bonkers. All the Wiimotes it pushed, those crappy wheel peripherals and such. Must be one of the lowest budget juggernauts of all time too, all-in-all it's just another MK game, not even in HD despite being released in 2008.

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
...how? Sorry but who's buying Wii games in 2018? I just can't believe these legs.

One of the worst MKs IMO

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I see shops are still selling copies of Mario Bros. Wii, Galxy 1, 2 and MK Wii so there are surely still people buying them.

What does it better than MK8D?
Some hinted it's because of universities and public libraries are buying old stocks, to make room for an entertainment lounge for kids. For my university, we have behavioral and psychology studies in the Humanities & Arts section, as well as the Common Room for those who just wanted to lounge after a binge-drinking Monster drinks.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MK Wii was the first home console online Mario Kart. For that alone it's a landmark. I played the shit out of it.

Also the motion controls were both casual friendly and fun to master. Also, bikes, jump trick boost. Fun game IMO.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Some hinted it's because of universities and public libraries are buying old stocks, to make room for an entertainment lounge for kids. For my university, we have behavioral and psychology studies in the Humanities & Arts section, as well as the Common Room for those who just wanted to lounge after a binge-drinking Monster drinks.
There a lot of Wii sold and I see a lot of them being sold second hand on forums, facebook groups etc so there are still people into Wii, I suppose people who look for some cheap gaming.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
These numbers are insane. I wonder if any 1st party games will ever hit the same highs they did on Wii?

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For such a hated entry (I consider it superior to Double Dash and one of my top5 Mario Kart) it sure sells like crazy

Gotta love the chaos and how it became the de facto Wii online game. It had some killer features.

Atta boy, MKWii!

Sorry Mario Kart DS fans, don't crucify me please :(

Meh, MKWii fans have to swallow stupid hyperbole like calling the game utter garbage

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
What is this blasphemy?MK Wii is fucking fire and the community is still popping with ctgpr.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These legs are ridiculous. I didn't even know there were that many new copies in the wild. Cool to see a console from over a decade ago can still post up numbers like this

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
Can we all agree that Mario Kart 64 has aged the worst? Also, people who didn't grow up on the original Super Mario Kart seem to be pretty against it.

Crazy how Wii games are still selling. This is one of the many reasons Nintendo hasn't given up on the 3DS yet. There are people who want to play Nintendo games, but don't have a Switch.

Also, I was in GameStop about a month ago where a family bought a used copy of New Super Mario Bros. for DS because they were nostalgic for it and lost their original copy.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can we all agree that Mario Kart 64 has aged the worst? Also, people who didn't grow up on the original Super Mario Kart seem to be pretty against it.

SMK is still justifiable. I don't like it though.

MK64 is the only VC game i didn't update on the Wii U Virtual Console. Is short, the framerate is all over the place and its only saving grace is not enough to justify spending money on it.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
That's just... wow. It's over 10 years old now. Wow.

Can't blame all the people still buying it tho, amazing game and holds up really well.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
64 is the second best one.

I love it, but it is awful. I play it as much as I can with my brother, but it is not a good game.

1.- MK8
2.- MK7
3.- DD
4.- SMK
5.- DS
6.- 64
7.- SC
8.- Wii

True. I love SMK, but I understand why people who didn´t played it back then, can hate it.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo should just jump ahead and do a Wii Classic Mini for $99 with 10 games.

But why would they sell Wii Classic for $99 when they're still selling Mario Kart Wii for $40?

Probably still seeing healthy sales for other evergreens like New Super Mario Bros Wii and the Wii Sports games too.

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Let me pull up my "has Funky Kong" list and determine which MK is the best one

☐ Super
☐ 64
☐ Super Circuit
☐ Double Dash!!
☐ DS
☑ Wii
☐ 7
☐ 8