• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Just stick to hosting entertainment shows that no one with a social life would watch, okay there dollar-store Seacrest? Thanks.

Mario Lopez is remorseful over comments he made about transgender children in an interview with Candace Owens last month.

mario-lopez_sc_768x1024.png

Lopez appeared as a guest on "The Candace Owens Show" last month with the conservative host who said, "I'm trying to understand this new Hollywood mentality where they just think that their children now have the mental authority and clarity (to decide their gender)."

"I am trying to understand it myself, and, please, don't lump me into that whole …" Lopez, 45, responded. "I'm kind of blown away, too."

He went on: "Look, I'm never one to tell anyone how to parent their kids obviously… and I would say if you come from a place of love, you really can't go wrong, but at the same time – my God – if you're 3 years old, and you're saying you're feeling a certain way, or you think you're a boy or a girl, whatever the case may be, I just think it's dangerous as a parent to make that determination then, 'OK, well, then you're gonna be a boy or girl,' whatever the case may be, and it's sort of alarming and my gosh, I just think about the repercussions later on."

"I think parents need to allow their kids to be kids, but at the same time, you got to be the adult in the situation," he added later. "Pause with that, and I think the formative years is when you start having those discussions and really start making these declarations."

Ironically, Lopez, who said he was registered as an independent but considered himself conservative, spoke of political correctness earlier in his sitdown with Owens. The actor said Hollywood has become a place where "everyone's afraid to offend and incredibly politically correct. And for a creative community, I think that's very dangerous to do, and it limits you… as far as telling stories and having conversations, and it's sort of frustrating to see from the outside. So, that's why it's better to not even go there."

"It is interesting to see for a community that's supposed to be all about inclusivity and diversity," he continued, "they're with you, unless it's diversity of thought."

In a statement issued to USA TODAY Wednesday, through his rep Lisa Perkins, the TV host and "Saved by the Bell" alum said: "The comments I made were ignorant and insensitive, and I now have a deeper understanding of how hurtful they were. I have been and always will be an ardent supporter of the LGBTQ community, and I am going to use this opportunity to better educate myself.

"Moving forward," he added, "I will be more informed and thoughtful."

MarioLopezExtra (emphasis on the Extra), indeed.

Nov 1, 2017
A.C. Slater is trash.

Was just talking to my partner the other day about people I didn't know for sure but wouldn't be surprised were shit and mentioned him when discussing hosts if random things.

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Lopez attacks trans kids ON THE CANDACE OWENS SHOW BROUGHT TO YOU BY PRAGERU

how fucking oblivious do you have to be to appear on this shit

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
"The Candace Owens Show"...

From PragerU...

It says a lot about him that he went on that show in the first place.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Good lord. Imagine believing its anyones choice but the child to decide their gender. Adults have more mental clarity to decide how someone else should feel??? And what the fuck even is that hypothetical? I don't even think children even think about gender until their like 5 or 6 in any meaningful capacity, he was just trying to make it all look bad when its not.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
He was always known to be a tool. But that being said, why was this even a topic of discussion regarding 3 year old kids? At that age all parents gotta do when they say pretty much anything at that age is "Yeah. Uh huh"

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes SJWs in Hollywood just wont give Slater's projects the greenlight because they are just too real and raw

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Lopez, who said he was registered as an independent but considered himself conservative

Lol Don't be ashamed of being counted amongst the backwards ass dipshits trying to drag humanity backwards. Own it, it's not like your actions and the words pouring out of your mouth don't expose your beliefs and alignment anyways.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that was worse than I thought it would be. Guess we gotta cancel Slater now.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
why is this dude having a conversation with candance owens? if i was access hollywood or whatever the fuck he works for, i'd can his ass just for that. fuck an apology.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what he's thinking, but I am definitely under the impression that this guy is a fool.

whitehawk

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia; Prior Severe Infractions Including a Ban for Transphobia
Ignoring the host for a second (we all know Candace is racist trash), he didn't say anything shocking or wrong. I agree generally, and am very on the fence when it comes to children who want to transition, especially regarding hormone blockers, test/estr.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Candace Owens still exists huh, I thought she disappeared once large head mcsmall face fired her and Kanye got bored.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no plz don't cancel slater because what else will I watch on hotel menu channels next time I check in

Nov 1, 2017
Yep 2008, he jsut left to host Access. Hell of a lateral move. Looking at his IMDB he does a ton of cameos

Those cameos must not pay enough for him to fight off the Hollywood PC Mafia. According to IMDB my man hasn't produced a theatrical film since 2002.
I'm kind of surprised nobody knew that he was a conservative douchebag.

But in my defense I mostly just forgot about him. Except for when I was broke or visiting someone in a hospital and actually watched a bit of extra.

Oct 26, 2017
Ignoring the host, he didn't say anything shocking or wrong. I agree generally, and am very on the fence when it comes to children who want to transition, especially regarding hormone blockers, test/estr.

He is trying to make it sound like parents see their 3 year old child wear their sister's dress one day and decide they must want to be a girl and begin the transition then and there. It's disingenuous and dangerous to make it seem like this is a flippant choice made without careful consideration.

Last edited: