• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Do people not realize you've been able to change LBP physics since LBP2?

It looks off (just a little, tbh I think it looks pretty great), because that kind of thing is really hard to get right. But it's no where near as floaty as LBP default is.

Very impressive work. Love stuff like this.

Last edited:

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The concept is astounding. Great work, bet they actually make this pretty close to the real thing with some more effort!

OP
OP
Thatguy

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I always wonder why the prominent examples for these things is creating shittier versions of existing Nintendo games.
People remake everything in LBP. FF7, mega Man, street fighter, doom, you name it. This one is particularly interesting because it's a maker game and it's very well done. In dreams we will see a lot higher quality 3D remakes I think. Mario 64, Minecraft, etc.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
People remake everything in LBP. FF7, mega Man, street fighter, doom, you name it. This one is particularly interesting because it's a maker game and it's very well done. In dreams we will see a lot higher quality 3D remakes I think. Mario 64, Minecraft, etc.
Yeah I assume there are tons of creative original projects getting made too, I'm just never too impressed by wonky facsimiles of existing games.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
While that is really impressive, it just continues to amaze me how bad the platforming and control in LBP are. That looks like an absolute chore to actually play.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
A creating game made with a creating game :D

Dreams community will be amazing but I prefer new games/ideas and need no Nintendo clones.

Edit:

A well made Waverace would be cool !

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
If you are scared of lbp you might as well hide under the bed before dreams gets here.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Impressive, but all the slipping and sliding physics would stop from ever playing it

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Every time I made something in LBP everything imploded and collapsed when I hit Play.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The controls look terrible (because LBP), but that's ridiculous. The things people will create in Dreams...

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Little Big Planet was always an awesome concept but holy crap that platforming sucked.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should remake LBP in Dreams so someone can remake MM in LBP in Dreams so someone can remake SMB in MM in LBP in Dreams.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
On the hand hand that's very impressive, but on the other that looks absolutely dreadful to actually play. I commend the effort though.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
It hurts to see the way Mario moves, but well impressive someone went so far in how much you can mimic the features of Mario maker.

Oct 26, 2017
You're missing the damn point! Someone had a ton of fun for X years, exploring and pushing the boundaries of what the game is capable of, to create something remarkable. Who cares that LBP SMM isn't fun to play? LBP3 is apparently really, really fun to play!

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Dreams Early Access can't come soon enough. I'm really happy people are STILL making insane stuff like this in LBP

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
db5802e32a6e4974c89cee3d9d4c3eb2.jpg

All eyes on Dreams now.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's impressive but physics look utter ass even from a cursory look.
It's still super impressive and a testament to the level of the tools and the talent of the people behind the project.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the dedication and all the work that went into this but it seems like a waste considering it still plays like trash

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
The building part is awesome but the playing part is meh. At least very cool that this all takes place within LBP3.

Jul 20, 2018
As someone who enjoyed aceing every level in the first game and some challenging community levels I gotta say I think the platforming in LBP is fun and you are all wrong.

EDIT: That said, they're not really suitable for a Mario game and playing Mario levels remade in LBP was never fun.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
I know it's way too unreasonable but I really wanted to see a switch to the Super Mario World tileset

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who enjoyed aceing every level in the first game and some challenging community levels I gotta say I think the platforming in LBP is fun and you are all wrong.

EDIT: That said, they're not really suitable for a Mario game and playing Mario levels remade in LBP was never fun.
Agreed 100%. Levels trying to mimic existing franchises are always going to compare poorly (gameplay wise). With original creations (the good ones at least), I had no problem at all with the physics and quite enjoyed my time.

Jun 26, 2018
Man, all these backhanded compliments in this thread is something else, considering the LBP tools, it's fucking mind blowing what they've accomplished!