• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
It's an impressive achievement of course but I can't imagine anyone would actually enjoy playing it.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Welp, Nintendo better stop the production of Super Mario Maker 2 cause it will be a huge waste of money.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
I said wow. I can't wait to see what the community comes up with in Dreams. Super hyped for that baby.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Are u telling me they made a maker game in a maker game?

giphy.gif

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I better be able to make Little Big Planet in Mario Maker 2 otherwise I'll be having words with Nintendo.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like this being done in the limited tools of LBP3... Makes Dreams future that much more exciting.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Impressive feat but just looking at it, I know it feels like ass to control.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The most amazing thing about the little big planet games to me is that the idea is so cool, that there is so much you can do, that things like this are possible... and yet the games are not fun at all to actually play. How can they be so so so right, and yet so wrong at the exact same time. Mind boggling.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when they make Little Big Planet 3 in Mario Maker in Little Big Planet 3.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
The most amazing thing about the little big planet games to me is that the idea is so cool, that there is so much you can do, that things like this are possible... and yet the games are not fun at all to actually play. How can they be so so so right, and yet so wrong at the exact same time. Mind boggling.
Exactly what I thought. All spectacle and no fun. Hopefully Dreams does things better or we are in for another generation of pretty tech demos that everyone likes to look at but no one actually wants to play

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love stuff like this. Not because it would be particularly fun to play, but to showcase that you just fucking can, that's why. It's what I love about creative games: people showing how far you can go with the limited in-game tools to produce something. Entire games remade in videogames like Trials, Little Big Planet or Minecraft are a joy to see, and this is no different. It's definitely one of the most ambitious ones, in that, remaking an editor inside of an editor. Impressive.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
That's really impressive. I'm going to wait until PS5 to buy Dreams but I know it'll blow my mind.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so it's pretty cool the difference with dreams is with lbp you were locked in with that one physic system that one floaty ass terrible platforming etc. dreams it's up to the creator so you can customize that height of a jump or how high or a run speed so on and so forth. Long story short games that were made in a month felt really good to play a whole lot better than lbp

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
The Little Big Planet communitys created some amazing things over the years. The stuff folks make in Dreams will be absolutely insane.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Ok so it's pretty cool the difference with dreams is with lbp you were locked in with that one physic system that one floaty ass terrible platforming etc. dreams it's up to the creator so you can customize that height of a jump or how high or a run speed so on and so forth. Long story short games that were made in a month felt really good to play a whole lot better than lbp
That's good to hear. So you have flexibility when it comes to the basic control scheme to customize how the game feels and plays to the tiniest detail? That'll help very much for people making different kinds of games which require various movement mechanics and input responses

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's good to hear. So you have flexibility when it comes to the basic control scheme to customize how the game feels and plays to the tiniest detail? That'll help very much for people making different kinds of games which require various movement mechanics and input responses

An MM dev made this in the beta.