• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
http://variety.com/2017/digital/games/nintendo-switch-10-million-console-sales-1202636150/

The lineup of Nintendo-published games also has fueled fueling Switch sales, Fils-Aime said. Three titles have been purchased by more than 50% of Switch owners: "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" — which won game of the year at the 2017 Game Awards — "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe," and "Super Mario Odyssey." Another title, third-person shooter "Splatoon 2," has been purchased by one in four Switch owners, he said.

That puts it at 5 million units sold after one month and two weeks.

Thanks for the heads up, LegendofLex.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now that is what you call selling like gangbusters- even though I don't know what gangbusters are lol.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Um what? Three games with more than half attach rate? I find it hard to believe TBH.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Only 2.5 million seems wrong for Splatoon 2, maybe this is US only?

Deleted member 59

Well deserved. Will it be the best selling Switch title soon? I imagine so.

Wonder what will end up selling the most in the long run though. MK8D? Animal Crossing Switch?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That's in a month in a half, and it's not even Christmas yet. I imagine that number will go up quite a bit more throughout December.

Crazy.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense since those are the three games every Switch owner should own.

MK8 Deluxe has to be pretty close to that number too, can't it?

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Those four titles alone sold almost 20 million copies. Incredible. I read on the other thread that PS4 sold a little more consoles in nine months (still rounded up to 10) but I'm certain that in terms of software, the Switch destroyed it.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Like I said in the other thread, that's insane. I wonder if It might end up being the best selling 3D Mario, Super Mario Galaxy currently holds the crown being 12 million units sold.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
whew this slayage

now until Pokemon...

pDZe7.gif

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ nintendo. Those game are going to have such huge numbers by the end of Switch's lifespan.

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Mario Odyssey is #1 or #2 best selling game on amazon in all countries (except UK) in 2017.
I'm pretty sure it's as we speak the best selling Switch title.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Damn that was fast. Christmas is going to be massive for Nintendo.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
God damn, more than 50% attach rate. That's insane.
Also, more than deserved, botw and Odyssey are some of the best games ever.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn... who could doubt Mario as a mascot? I dont see Mickey Mouse having this sort of impacT

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Heh. Wonder what Animal Crossing and Pokemon are going too sell.

Happy that the Switch is doing well.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Very impressive. I really underestimated both Zelda and Mario.

What's the fastest selling video game, by the way? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say GTA V, probably.

Oct 27, 2017
He could be talking about the US only. The 10 mil number that it's extrapolated from is WW. He is the president of Nintendo of America after all.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Exclusives matter, but I think this also is due to the portable nature of the system. Portables generally sell more than home consoles and this has home console power and can be played as a home console while also being able to be played as a portable.

Impressive sales nonetheless.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, it just occurred to me that he might just be talking about NA sales. Seemed weird to tout this figure alongside the 10 million consoles sold, though.

Still, crazy if true.

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Worldwide number for Odyssey won't be very different but that Splatoon 2 number implies he talks only for US.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even if Reggie is talking about US only here- which is likely- I don't think it unreasonable to put Odyssey's sales around that 5 million mark, it's been doing amazing in the US, Japan, UK, France and Germany from what we know, a 50% attach rate in most territories is quite likely IMO, and I think most people buying a Switch in December will want this game primarily, most Zelda enthusiasts have already bought into the system- I think Mario is the system seller now.