• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
US8TOlO.png

Donkey Kong Adventure is a massive expansion to Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle offering 10 extra hours of play time in four new level hubs. In order to start the DLC you must first beat the first world in Adventure mode

Release Date: 26/06/18
Developer/Publisher: Ubisoft
Price (US): $14.99, Season Pass $19.99, Gold Edition $79.99
Download size: 1.4 GB

Embark on an epic battle against Rabbid Kong, who takes over a mysterious island. Donkey Kong, Rabbid Peach, and a moody new Rabbid hero, Rabbid Cranky, team up on a journey across four brand-new environments. Discover a world of tactical gameplay and secrets to uncover.

Experience a new story that expands the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle universe! Discover hours of new gameplay with more than a dozen battles and tactical adventures to experience. Witness a world of Donkey Kong references and the Rabbids' irreverence that create offbeat situations and fun encounters. Chain together new moves, like swinging with dandelions or climbing high ground, to conquer your foes.

Gold Edition
mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-gold-edition.jpg

Gold Edition includes game and season pass:

• 8 new solo challenges + 5 co-op maps
  • 16 new weapons.
  • Donkey Kong Adventure DLC

ZoliR5x.jpg

Y0ESWt7.jpg

SnsMkkK.jpg

Characters

jJT7U65.png

In Donkey Kong Adventure, you'll be playing as two new characters with new attacks and abilities, and an upgrade Rabbid Peach, who also has new weapons and sub-weapons.

Donkey Kong, his weapon of choice is the "Bwananarang," which is basically a giant banana boomerang capable of striking multiple enemies in a single throw. Rabbid Cranky will be another short-range powerhouse to add to your roster, as his "Boombow" is capable of wrecking pretty much any enemy or obstacle that stands in a wide range directly around him. Both DK and Rabbid Cranky will boast their own sub-weapons, abilities, and skill trees as well.

MUSIC

Grant Kirkhope has returned to score the DLC adventure. The Soundtrack consists of both new music and remixes from Donkey Kongs past.

Trailer

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dong expansion on hold til I get home, but update is downloaded and ready to go!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect OT title really, looking forward to the closest thing to the next 3D DK game, we even got more Kirkhope again!
Only ÂŁ12 quid to boot since I don't feel the need to be curb-stomped by the season pass super challenge maps.

Hmm, I should start the update
f49.gif

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Mario + Rabbids was my favorite game of 2017, so I'm gonna pick this up pretty soon.

I really want to try to finish those last two ultimate challenges first though.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is turning out to be a surprisingly busy month for me between this, Octo expansion, Mario Tennis Aces, and soon Lumines.

Oct 27, 2017
I know there is a picture of the physical edition that includes this, but I've yet to see any store actually have it listed. Where can it actually be bought?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have this game but am interested to know if we get a certain krazy krocodile's surprise appearance...

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
I hate when expansions completely ignore everything I did before. I put a lot of love in this game, my characters are super strong and ready for more ... but now I see we have completely new characters here and nothing from before matters.

Also I'm worried because maybe I have completely forgotten the mechanics of this game. Can somebody share how it feels coming back to this game after many many many months after launch?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Probably will get around to this next month after I am done with the main story of the game. Currently in world 2 and I been really enjoying it!

Looking forward to getting around to this too, and love that DK Isle theme is back.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Also I'm worried because maybe I have completely forgotten the mechanics of this game. Can somebody share how it feels coming back to this game after many many many months after launch?

LOL this

I was a master at this game completing 100% but not having played for like a year it feels like I never played it. I'm sure it'll come back quick.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
This DLC is great. Already at the third area, the battles are really fun in how DK's movement options just let you run wild across the battlefield. Also, the

DKC-style timed bonus rooms

were a cool touch that I wasn't expecting.

I hate when expansions completely ignore everything I did before. I put a lot of love in this game, my characters are super strong and ready for more ... but now I see we have completely new characters here and nothing from before matters.

There was an ultra hard challenge pack for those who wanted to get more out of their fully upgraded characters, if you haven't played that yet.

As for coming back after not playing for a while, they kind of expect you to remember how things work since there's not much in the way of tutorials, even for the new mechanics. It's not that tough to get back into the swing of things though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great OT and title!

Only played the first few levels so far but it is definitely very good. DK and Rabbid Cranky are both great.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Does the Donkey Kong Adventure feature extra coop missions? Those were the highlight of the game to me and I would gladly pay the pass just for new ones.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
What does the $15 mean when the season pass is $19.99? What do you lose if you only buy the $15?

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Something else. Its just a bunch of ultra hard missions with the characters from the main game. I think it came out last October, so there wasn't much to it.

I see. Are they as hard as those 4 Ultra challenges in the base game, because I found those unbeatable. I could save myself $5 if the Ultra hard challenges are too difficult to play.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
LOL this

I was a master at this game completing 100% but not having played for like a year it feels like I never played it. I'm sure it'll come back quick.

Aaarrggh yeah ... that feeling is what I'm expecting tomorrow :(

I never liked these kind of games ... but I loved this one so much. The effort was worth it. I'm sure I will feel like a baby coming back to it.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see. Are they as hard as those 4 Ultra challenges in the base game, because I found those unbeatable. I could save myself $5 if the Ultra hard challenges are too difficult to play.

Yeah they are more of that variety. If you didn't play those challenges you can probably skip the challenge pack.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
So I looked at the trailer out of curiosity because I will be buying a Switch soon and isn't this game basically XCOM with an overworld? That's what it looked like to me at least so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
In order to start the DLC you must first beat the first island in Adventure mode.

The DLC is available when whole World 1 is played in the main campaign, according to the in-game description.

I have only played the first 2 missions as a test now. The DK DLC seems to work so different to the main campaign, so I basically start from scratch. (DK works in ways that are so different that I think it would break the design of some main campaign missions if DK would be available there.)

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, could be a regional thing then. I'm based in America, so that's the stores I was checking. Would think about importing, but it Amazon says it won't ship this version to the US. Good to know at least somewhere is actually getting a release of it.
It's probably nothing to be excited about. Most likely just the standard game with a voucher in the case to download the season pass.