• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

absolutely massive success! congrats to the ubi milan and ubi paris teams.

edit: the source is a press release ubisoft sent out. you can read it here, for exmaple.

Last edited:

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Drive-by trolling; history of similar infractions
I fucking hate Rabbids.

But I love Mario.

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
Does this translate to 7.5 millions sales/shipments? I don't like when the wording is not that clear for me

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Great succes, clear as day why the team got expanded for this game. Looking forward to hearing more!

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I never completed it but I was pleasantly surprised by the game. And if I remember correctly it was quite challenging at parts too. Really good news!

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Does this translate to 7.5 millions sales/shipments? I don't like when the wording is not that clear for me
It doesn't mean sales/shipments (most likely individual Nintendo accounts that have launched the game) but I doubt the real number of sales/shipments will be far from that number since it hasn't been given away for free and game sharing isn't that big.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Awesome. I bought this game on sale and was legit blown away by how much fun it was. Also the art direction is sublime and the music is just incredible. So happy to hear about its success.

On that note, I really gotta get back in and check out the Donkey Kong DLC.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was last documented at 2 million shipped in 2018. It's probably ways above that now given the aggressive sales (though maybe not 7.5 million ways above) but I don't think Nintendo report shipments on third party published games.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I keep saying I'm going to buy this, I've never played Xcom but I do like a decent strategy game from time to time.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rabbids Go Home proved that Rabbids are good actually over a decade ago

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got this game for lil brother cause it was always the cheapest Mario game to buy for $20 and since nintendo won't drop price on their other Mario games I bought it..and he wasn't into it at all so he gave it to his friend and he also didn't like the gameplay. I don't think the core gameplay is suited to hold attention span of children. Oh well good for ubisoft though

Mar 23, 2018
These numbers are likely players from sales + used sales + borrowing from friend. Can't think of any other large portion of users.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was last documented at 2 million shipped in 2018.
it was never announced that the game has shipped two million. from the other thread:
the 2 million number for mario + rabbids kingdom battle (which is posted on wikipedia as well) is from 2018 and comes from here, which comes from here, which comes from this tweet by davide soliani. but he later clarified in this tweet that he didn't mean the game has sold two million.

basically we've never gotten any sales number from ubi or anyone for the game. all we know is that it's the best selling 3rd party game for switch in the US (shared by NPD, but it doesn't include digital sales for minecraft which is probably the actual best selling 3rd party game). by most safe estimates tho i think it's safe to say the game has sold 5+ million worldwide, likely passing 5 million by a lot.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved, it was a good game, and I'm excited to see what they'll do with Sparks of Hope.
I remember the leaks and while most people on the old forum hated it, I was really curious about the whole thing, so happy for Davide Soliani and his team.
I also got tears when they first showed it at that Ubisoft conf, so happy he could finally make his dream comes true :')
Rabbids Go Home proved that Rabbids are good actually over a decade ago
Indeed, this one was also pretty great.

ShotyMcFat

Oct 29, 2017
First game was fucking amazing, and I honestly think the DK DLC was the best part aswell, I can't wait for Spark of hope.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
It was published by ubisoft, thaty why it never gets mentioned in nintendos sales numbers... and also why it was on sale so agressively. since over a year now you can find the gold variant for 15-20€, and it regurly is on sale digitally for 15€
Still, even with the Amounts sold back then (2M+) i think it was a success, asuming that they sold most of the first 2 million for ~ full retail, we have
20-40€ per game to the developer (removing retail, eshop fees, taxes, ...) , which would mean40-80 Million earned, and i honestly dont think that this game had a budget more than...40, maybe 50 million.

H2intensity

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got this game for lil brother cause it was always the cheapest Mario game to buy for $20 and since nintendo won't drop price on their other Mario games I bought it..and he wasn't into it at all so he gave it to his friend and he also didn't like the gameplay. I don't think the core gameplay is suited to hold attention span of children. Oh well good for ubisoft though

My 6 years nephew beat this game and the dlc by himself lol. It does have a general appeal with Rabbid and Mario.
Really love this game and glad it success and have sequel. Its quite challenging game until Luigi join the party, he such an OP char lol.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
The first comment does not deserve a ban lol

Said this seeing some figures from a few European markets I was sure it had to have a big cumulative worldwide number, my guesstimate was around 5 million units but it seems I may have fallen short. It has outsold every Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi game.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Brilliant game, deserves the success. 7.5 million players is not necessarily 7.5 million sales (multiple accounts per household could access the game), but it shouldn't be far removed, so 5M-7.5M seems like a safe range I think.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Well deserved.

I do like the turnaround for the sequel. Can't say I was cautious (I was one of the people back who would like to see more) during the initial leaks, but the original is absolutely fantastic. Happy to see Soliani's team return as well.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really understood the rabbid hate.

Though I'm also the type of person who assigns like 95% of a game's value to gameplay so I find this game to be more in common with Divinity OS than anything Rabbids related.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
It's a fantastic game with some great ideas that revolutionize the tactics genre. I'm very, very excited about the new one.

otretas

Nov 1, 2017
At first i didnt bother with it until a cousin grabbed it for cheap and just started telling me how good it was...
He was right

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
This game is to XCOM what Mario Kart is to realistic racers, and I honestly never expected it to be such a good combination. Some of the most is with the random chaos and AOE abilities.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Amazing game. I hope they have a complete edition on day 1 for the sequel. They already announced dlc for it.
I wonder if sparks of hope will have multiplayer battles.
Man, the first game is a gem. Top 10 switch game.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking hate Rabbids.
I'm with you. I got to the end of the first world in the original game before putting it down, but the Rabbids killing everything Rayman really soured everything about them for me. Really wish Rayman could have thrived without the Rabbids taking everything from him.

But good for those who enjoyed the first game. Hope the sequel delivers for y'all.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
It's a weird metric for an offline Single Player game that went on sale pretty often, but Ubisoft seemed to like it to the point that they gave M&R2 a bigger budget. All's good I guess! Can't wait for the second one, it looked fantastic.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a copy of this game but still never popped it into my switch. I really need to change that.

who are the rabbids anyway? I don't believe I've seen them in a Rayman game, but then again, I think I only played origins. What game do the come from?